• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I wondering if anyone has experienced this and what causes it

This year I've been rather consumed with something. I've been overly emotional over the littlest thing and found it hard to do anything apart from the things that were vital,and despite the amount of prayer nothing would lift. About 2 weeks ago I sort of wondered if it was depression.

I didn't go to the doctor cause I felt I couldn't. However since this evening I have felt as if something very heavy has been lifted. My mind is clearer and I can focus. I'm still tired from whatever this was. I can't explain it really.

Could this be spiritual?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

Well aparently your prayers worked. We think sometimes if God dosen't answer right away that our prayers are not being heard. You probably were under some kind of opression, God knows how to work in our lives, but I would seek the Lord on what this was and what it is you need to learn from it. There are times that God allows certain things to happen for us to learn from and to grow from. read Job he had alot of things happen but not without the permission of God. For I believe everything happens for a purpose and we should gleen from these things that happen in our lives. :rofl:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This year I've been rather consumed with something. I've been overly emotional over the littlest thing and found it hard to do anything apart from the things that were vital,and despite the amount of prayer nothing would lift. About 2 weeks ago I sort of wondered if it was depression.

I didn't go to the doctor cause I felt I couldn't. However since this evening I have felt as if something very heavy has been lifted. My mind is clearer and I can focus. I'm still tired from whatever this was. I can't explain it really.

Could this be spiritual?

Natt,

The same thing has been happening to me for the past few months. I do not see this as any type of depression, but the moving of the Holy Spirit. For me, as I went into prayer about these feelings, I was given peace and sometimes scripture. Other times, He would point out a person or circumstance that I was in. I saw it as guidance. But this is me. I can not say what was happening to you.

Brother in Christ,

OneLight

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I can tell you about my experience Nat and maybe that will help...

There have been times in the past when I have become consumed with something. My focus would be on the circumstances and not on God and what He says in His word. Consequently I would become more and more distraught over it until it seemed there was little else going on in my life. Even my prayers were focused on the situation and pleading God to do this or that instead of resting in Him and seeking His will.

During one of these times, I came across Philippians 4:6-7 and a lightbulb came on...

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

It struck me that there was a formula to follow here and a promise was being made. The key in the verse for me was "with thanksgiving". I had been doing very little of that. It also struck me that I was praying for a desired outcome. I wanted my will done and not His. When I shifted my focus from me and the situation to knowing and desiring God's will...I had peace.

Was I oppressed? Perhaps. If so, I had given the evil one opportunity to do so but God used it to draw me closer to Him.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Could this be spiritual?

I believe it's spiritual.

Philippians 4:6-8

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

I didn't go to the doctor cause I felt I couldn't. However since this evening I have felt as if something very heavy has been lifted. .My mind is clearer and I can focus. I'm still tired from whatever this was. I can't explain it really.

Could this be spiritual?

I have been experiencing the same thing and I've wondered if it is spiritual or am I going into depression?

I can't post it...it's too personal

In His Love,

Kathy

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

You might want to seek the Lord if there is anything you need to address. If there is anything that the Holy Spirit brings up address it... it may be unforgiveness towards someone, hurt emotions over something in the past, generational etc...

it varies in most people. But the one to ask is the Holy Spirit to reveal the access.... you submit it to the Lord and command it to leave.. it works.

I know that demonic oppression comes only through open doors.

Be blessed, Karen

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I believe this was spiritual.

Karen C thanks for your advice.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I too have gone through such a period and in the end I came to one conclusion. All refining periods are unpleasant. One period of refinement is usually quite different from the other. Yet, they all have the same purpose, to prepare us for the things to come and to teach us how to rely on God. It is all about the glorification of God. So, yes what you experienced I believe was spiritual by nature...most likely you will find glory upon glory having gone through it.

blessings

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

You might want to seek the Lord if there is anything you need to address. If there is anything that the Holy Spirit brings up address it... it may be unforgiveness towards someone, hurt emotions over something in the past, generational etc...

it varies in most people. But the one to ask is the Holy Spirit to reveal the access.... you submit it to the Lord and command it to leave.. it works.

I know that demonic oppression comes only through open doors.

Be blessed, Karen

Please consider Job and Paul's "thorn in the flesh". Sometimes will not/cannot/should not leave depending upon what is going on-I was personally taught way back as a babe in Christ:"DO NOT BE a Job's comforter."