• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Then I set about destroying it. Often times it's myself. So ,"Go I must." thumbsup.gif There is a way out for me and that is the low road of humility right to the feet of the Lord. Then I must remember that Love does not control. It moves in Love and

it even allows Freedom. It accepts us for who we are and then begins to ask us why were angry. wub.gif

i had to set this apart because the statement really applies to many of our besetting sins. i can take that way out on the low road of humility (and amend the last part of the sentence . . . )ask us why we were ___________________ and we can fill in the blank. selfish, envious, judgmental, etc. etc.

yep it works. Thanks for the great post!! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Sin does lie at the door, crippled and weakened, if you refuse to feed it. Every time you feed it, though, it begs for more and more frequently begs.

Thats exactly right! Great way to put it None! :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

Good post, I had to learn that wrong anger is a choice and to not let it rule over me by the grace God provides in faith in Jesus.

Iam glad i read this post its very timely for me and my wife this week . We are watching our 5 grandkids for 4 days. Most of the time they are little darlings(ages 2,3,6,7,9)but when that sin-nature kicks in you want to ring their little necks. You can go from calm to angry in a secound. So what my wife and I do is we play tag team aganist each others anger, when she looses it I come to her rescue and when I loose it she comes to my rescue.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

thanks for this i had a good read before i was about to put some thing down just so i know were this is leading well being angry is ok as long as you do not carry that anger into the next day which is a new day and you should always start a new day fresh lol so many times i would carry things on to the next day or right threw out the week if some one ticked me off i would alow it to play in my head trying to work some thing out to get back at who ever ticked me off then i got to the point wear i saw this was not doing me any good

when i was married me and my wife use to always fight and it was at the stupid little thing that we both could have forgiven each other most of the times i ended up in the spare bed room with the cat on the bed sleeping next to me

i did though learn one thing and a good friend who is a pastor and counsler told me when you feel it getting to boiling point go for a long walk and it worked for me to wear if i new we wear going to be at each other all day and threw the nignt i would get the dog and we would go for a long walk around the area we were living in good thing though the streets i walked with my dog in each single house there was a cat so i use to let bandit off the leash and let him have some fun and this helped me also to crack up as this dog was just like a human he would now when i was up set come up to me look at me with his eyes and then would put both his paws on my legs and i would pat him some times he would just sit next to me and he helped me a lot i loved that old dog he sorted out most of my problems and the cats well thats another story in its self

i know just pray and say lord i am about to lose it please help and he does which is awsem in the way he responds when i call on him like this