• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I set one day a week to try to spend time with God, the trouble is I'm not sure what to do and I have trouble staying on task. I do visit people at Hospice because I believe that part of God's work for me involves comfort and consoling. What else can I do during the day to stay on task and concentrated on God? I have trouble sitting down and just reading the Bible for an extended period of time, but I want to soak in His word and do some learning for Him on that day. What do you guys do on your Sabbath day to stay on task about keeping God the center of that day?

On that note I have so much trouble staying organized with my time, and so I always end up wasting so much time because of it. I know I could be doing so much more but I feel like everything is so jumbled and disorganized...and I don't know where to start. Lately I feel like I'm getting more stupid each day...I'm always forgetting things, I can't seem to do simple tasks at work like calculate small things in my head. I mean, seriously, if I have to use my fingers there has to be a problem. It's like this haze has dropped down on me or something...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

I set one day a week to try to spend time with God, the trouble is I'm not sure what to do and I have trouble staying on task. I do visit people at Hospice because I believe that part of God's work for me involves comfort and consoling. What else can I do during the day to stay on task and concentrated on God? I have trouble sitting down and just reading the Bible for an extended period of time, but I want to soak in His word and do some learning for Him on that day. What do you guys do on your Sabbath day to stay on task about keeping God the center of that day?

On that note I have so much trouble staying organized with my time, and so I always end up wasting so much time because of it. I know I could be doing so much more but I feel like everything is so jumbled and disorganized...and I don't know where to start. Lately I feel like I'm getting more stupid each day...I'm always forgetting things, I can't seem to do simple tasks at work like calculate small things in my head. I mean, seriously, if I have to use my fingers there has to be a problem. It's like this haze has dropped down on me or something...

Sounds like you need to use the day to just relax and do nothing by trusting that Jesus is Lord. The sabbath day was created for man to rest.... so rest. Relax. Enjoy a good walk. Smell the roses. Give thanksgivings to God for all the good things you see. Enjoy the day.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I have trouble sitting down and just reading the Bible for an extended period of time, but I want to soak in His word and do some learning for Him on that day.

Buy the New Testament on CD. It really helps, trust me.

What do you guys do on your Sabbath day to stay on task about keeping God the center of that day?

I spend a good part of the day at church. We have wonderful praise and worship services, and it's such a joy to just sing and praise the Lord!

I agree with poorinspirit...you need more rest. You don't need to try so hard. One of the things I've found that makes it really easy for me, is talk to God the way you would talk to a good friend. Leave out all the "thee's" and "thou's" and just yak away...it's great!

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

I have trouble sitting down and just reading the Bible for an extended period of time, but I want to soak in His word and do some learning for Him on that day.

Buy the New Testament on CD. It really helps, trust me.

What do you guys do on your Sabbath day to stay on task about keeping God the center of that day?

I spend a good part of the day at church. We have wonderful praise and worship services, and it's such a joy to just sing and praise the Lord!

I agree with poorinspirit...you need more rest. You don't need to try so hard. One of the things I've found that makes it really easy for me, is talk to God the way you would talk to a good friend. Leave out all the "thee's" and "thou's" and just yak away...it's great!

Thanks for giving more advise to help InternalFlame. The New Testament on CD is a good one although I would recommend the King James Version to that if they have it available. Hope the Lord helps InternalFlame in applying some of these advises.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

now that i'm working full-time, i don't feel so guilty about having a lazy day (or at least a lazy 1/2 day) so i like to listen to christian music really loud and some kind of teaching on tape while working a jigsaw puzzle - the puzzle is something i can do relatively mindlessly, keeping my hands busy while giving my mental attention to the music or the teaching.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Prayer every morning and evening and read a little of the Holy Bible each day and contemplate on it.

Have you asked the Lord what HE wants for you to be doing , asking HIM every morning, to order your day, each day?

To be in prayer constantly is to commune with the Lord in your heart continually everyday. Everyday there is something we can find to do for the Lord and to keep our hearts alive in love for Him. All around us we see people whom we can offer prayers for or do some kindness for.

The other things confusion and counting etc, trouble organizing thoughts etc, might just get a general physical and take some care to be sure your health is alright and taking care of yourself.

May the Lord order your mind and life for you and lead you to it in His Love for you in Jesus Christ.

Take care,

elkie

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

now that i'm working full-time, i don't feel so guilty about having a lazy day (or at least a lazy 1/2 day) so i like to listen to christian music really loud and some kind of teaching on tape while working a jigsaw puzzle - the puzzle is something i can do relatively mindlessly, keeping my hands busy while giving my mental attention to the music or the teaching.

A day of rest is always welcome in this hectic world we live. I am some time soon going to start witnessing Like the www.wayofthemaster.com do, as we here in the USA do not do this like we should. Lots of People are literally hanging by a thread between heaven and hell. I think we must go out on the streets and whiteness! Just an Idea I see that needs done! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Sounds like you're trying to schedule God into your life.

Maybe you need to spend ALL your time dedicated to God.

No, its not impossible.

I was listening to Charles Stanley the other day and he was talking about how he could be in a conversation and praying to God at the same time.

It could be for strength in the situation, wisdom or whatever.

I was doing just that the other night, while refereeing, and almost ate a hockey puck (guess I need more practice)

no, not at eating hockey pucks

My point is that God wants us all the time, and by having Him constantly on our mind, we are open to the Spirits guidance.

I'm having a tough time with my organizing too, I feel really tapped out right now.

I know it is because I am in the midst a lot of changes in my life, and I really have to drop some things that are distracting.

The other night, after 11 years... I decided to give up refereeing for a while.

May God grant you peace and strength,

mike2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

A great way to spend some time with God is to find a place away from the city and business of life, and just go for a walk. Preferably a nature-ish kind of walk. I like to walk through a field, or a valley, or even a park with a lot of trees will do it for me, and just talk to God like He is there beside you. Just have a conversation, tell Him how you're feeling and what is bugging you and ask Him to help you out. You can talk out loud if you find that easier.

As for the wasting time thing, I do that as well. Try to stop yourself from doing things that distract you (Like worthy boards, hehe) and make a list of stuff you want to accomplish in a day.