• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

If God is not in a box, where is that line of discernment? How can anyone tell the difference between the real Holy Spirit and seducing spirits if people look for the Holy Spirit to come or to fall on them again and again in the worship place or anyplace? How is that different from the rudiment of the world when the American Indians in the past had called for the Great "Spirit" to come, and the reason why they resorted to alchohol is because it reminded them when they were in the presence of this "Great Spirit". How is that different in when some American Indians call for their animal spirit guide? Notice the similarities with new age channellers as they meditate for their spirit guide to come? Or what about mediums that call up ghosts? If one do research, one can find testimonies of supernatural experiences of having great peace fall upon them... fire.. power... and among other things in khundalini.. an eastern mysticism that has yoga in its practise. All of these experiences does one thing... takes your attention to itself... to build a relationship of continuance through visitations that can be seen when received or felt. Truly, one wonders how anyone can discern the Holy Spirit if they look for Him out there.

1 John 3: 22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. 23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. ~~~~

1 John 4: 1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. 7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

From the above scriptures, I see the line of discernment drawn that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Every spirit that confesses not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God... it is that spirit of anti-christ. The English word Antichrist is taken from the Greek ant

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

It really shows that you have given this a lot of thought and that you understand what you have just written, but this being the first time I read it, I found it hard to follow. I think I know what you are saying/asking, but that would be assuming. Can you break this down to specific questions and statements. Especially about what is happening in Toronto and Pensacola.

Thanks!

It really shows that you have given this a lot of thought and that you understand what you have just written, but this being the first time I read it, I found it hard to follow. I think I know what you are saying/asking, but that would be assuming. Can you break this down to specific questions and statements. Especially about what is happening in Toronto and Pensacola.

Thanks!

Hi OneLight!! :emot-wave::D

Thanks for replying. :emot-nod:

In regards to Toronto and Pensacola is the fact that we were warned not to go to places to come to Him.

So as much as been going on in these days about the Holy Spirit in Toronto or Pensacola, we have been given warnings of the last days.

Matthew 24: 23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

How can one go to a place to get closer to the Holy Spirit when He is in us? How can it not be consider committing spiritual adultery when we relate to something, calling it the Holy Spirit when clearly His Words declare the faith otherwise?

And there are great signs and wonders in Pensacola and Toronto. :blink:

Pensacola Outpouring Exposes

Toronto Blessing Exposes

Anyway, I was trying to stick to His Words to use for discernment. I pray He shall cause the increase... as only He can. Amen.

Pray for discernment. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Wow! That is a lot of reading ... you may not get another reply from me for awhile. :emot-nod:

edited to add: I see that this took place in 1997. I thought it was taking place today?!?!?

I'll try and answer you questions one by one, but I'll have to re-read this and give it serious thought. The Holy Spirit is definitely different then any other spirit. The Holy Spirit can help you discern other spirits, but this is just "in a nutshell" answer.

Edited by OneLight

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Hi poorinspirit.

I tend to agree with you.

I think tongues are biblical, but all this slain in the spirit, holy laughter etc... I cannot see any biblical evidence for it.

I worry about the emphasis on the spirit. The Holy Spirit is meant to glorify Jesus. Instead you see people glorifying their experiences. I've heard about seeing golddust on hands etc... with no or very little mention of Jesus. It attracts crowds, especially the youth. It builds revenue because of the popularity. They can say it is from God with no biblical reference. After all many do not know the bible and do not study it like the Bereans

Acts 17:11

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

I can see many reasons why churches would be reluctant to say that are not sure if it was from God.

I know some who have accepted God because of it. Their way of testing the spirits is if they can do it too it must be from God. It is all experience focused. And if you question it, they try to quiet you as much as possible.

Testing the spirits to me is by using the bible to see if it is from God.

Wow! That is a lot of reading ... you may not get another reply from me for awhile. :24:

edited to add: I see that this took place in 1997. I thought it was taking place today?!?!?

I'll try and answer you questions one by one, but I'll have to re-read this and give it serious thought. The Holy Spirit is definitely different then any other spirit. The Holy Spirit can help you discern other spirits, but this is just "in a nutshell" answer.

Thanks for sharing, and it is true that there are alot of articles there, but in regards to those events are the example of how people will go to a place to go to the Holy Spirit. It is that mentality we were warned about. Those places are just examples of an errant belief gone popular. :24:

Pray for discernment by His Words. :huh:

Hi poorinspirit.

I tend to agree with you.

I think tongues are biblical, but all this slain in the spirit, holy laughter etc... I cannot see any biblical evidence for it.

I worry about the emphasis on the spirit. The Holy Spirit is meant to glorify Jesus. Instead you see people glorifying their experiences. I've heard about seeing golddust on hands etc... with no or very little mention of Jesus. It attracts crowds, especially the youth. It builds revenue because of the popularity. They can say it is from God with no biblical reference. After all many do not know the bible and do not study it like the Bereans

Acts 17:11

Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.I can see many reasons why churches would be reluctant to say that are not sure if it was from God.

I know some who have accepted God because of it. Their way of testing the spirits is if they can do it too it must be from God. It is all experience focused. And if you question it, they try to quiet you as much as possible.

Testing the spirits to me is by using the bible to see if it is from God.

Amen. :huh:

May God cause the increase in the reading of His Words. Praying for discernment should be a must in these perilous times we live in if we are to be found abiding in Hin in keeping the faith as I trust the Good Shepherd in so doing in keeping me from falling. :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

poor in spirit you need to stop this foolishness and learn to test your own thoughts as most have an idea of spirits that are not of god i mean you even had me lost until i read this twice poor in spirit and its a wonder you only got a few hits on this post we have already told you our views in some of your recent posts and you seem to see this from the kings james version and not under stand that the father and the son and the holy spirit work as a team any new christian would have had this pointed out to them if they are in a good beliving church and open and have a teach able spirit which you do not poor in spirit that is why i am leaving this hear poor in spirit and i am going to weight for your responce as you are running from those that already cought your way of thinking and you have not told us what denomination you belong to but have the nerve to mock the holy spirit

1 thessalonians 19 for people keep telling us what kind of welcome you gave us and how you turned away from idols to serve a true and living god

read hole of jude 20

Galations 5 22 -26 but the love of the spirit is love joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness

gentlness and self control their is no law against such thing

now those who belong to christ jesus have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires

if we live by the spirit let us also be guided by the spirit

let us stop being arogant provoking one another and envying one another

do you fal into line with these scriptures poor in spirit as by what you are pointing hear you have that right to sit in on judment and have not opend up to what we have shared to you in your post on hymnals and benny hinn and also tv preachers you went out of your way to correct a fair few of us and then said the kings james version is the only version us christians should have ?

1 corinthians 12 4-11 now their are varitety of gifts but the same spirit is the same

and there are varitety of ministries but the lord is the same

and there are varitey of results but god is the same and its he who produces all the results in everyone

to each a person has been given the ability to display the spirit of commen good

to one has been given a message of wisdome by the spirit to another the ability to speak with knowlege according to the same spirit

to another faith by the same spirit to another gifts of healing by that one spirit

to another miraculos results to another prophecy to another the ability to distinguish between spirits to another various kinds of tongues and to another the interpretaion of tongues

but one and the same spirit produces all these result and gives what he wants to each person

you poor in spirit have not botherd to explaine your self in this post as its set in sort of a ridle to wear you want some one to aply then you try to even confuse the person and get them to think on whom they are seeking as you say we should only seek the father and the son and not seek the guidence of the holy spirit

this is what you should have pointed out in this post poor in spirit so you do not creat confusion among your brethren brother and only state from the kings james remember most cant read the kings james and are comfterbal with the bibles they have and each translation points to the father to the son and to the holy spirit they work in as a team never against each other you seem to be jelous you do not have these gifts your self as you had a bad experiance then you come and get those that encounterd christ in a power ful way and get us to think on our own encounter with god you my friend are very insecure as you have not botherd to say you cant even submit to your pastor or to your leaders and you find it even hard to submit to a church so i am leaving this for others to take heed to your way of thinking as god has not ordained you poor in spirit you have an unteachable spirit brother and i do not want you confusing no one else in their own walk sorry to do this brother and leave this in the open but it needs to be done as you ran from us who wear openly sharing to you in your posts and even tried to correct us to the way we have been bought up in the churches we are committed to

1 corinthians 2 9 - 16

but it is written no eye has seen no ear has heard and no mind has imagined the things god can god has prepared for those who love him

is there anyone who can understand his own thoughts except by his own inner spirit in the same way no one can know the thoughts of god except gods spirit

now we have not recived the spirit of the world but the spirit who comes from god so that we can understand the things that were freely given to us by god

we dont speak about these things in words taught taught by the spirit as we explaine spiritual things to spiritual people

a person who isnt spiritual doesnt accept the things of god spirit for they are nonsence to him he cant understand them becaus they are spiritually evaluated

the spiritual person evaluates everything but is subject to no one elses evaluation

for he who has know the mind of the lord so that he adivse him however we have the mind of christ

romans 8 5-8 for those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh but those who live according to the spirit set their minds on the things of the spirit

to set our minds on the things of the flesh leads to death but to set our minds on the spirit leads us to life and peace

that is why that the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile toward god for it refuses to submit to athority of gods law because it is power less to do so

indeed those who are under the control of the flesh cannot please god

john 16 8 -15 when he comes he wil convict the world of sin righteousnes and judgment

of sin because they do not belive in me

and of judgment because the ruler of this world has been judged

i still have a lot to say to you but you can not bear it now

yet when the spirit of truth comes he wil guide you into al truth for he wil not speak of his own accord but will speak what ever he hears and wil declare it to you the things that are to come

he wil glorify me for he will take what is mine and declare it to you

all that the father has is mine that is why i said he wil take what is mine and declare it to you

john 14- 26 but the helper the holy spirit whom the father will send in my name will teach you all things and remind you of all that i have told you

matthew 12 31-32 so i tell you every sin and blasphemy wil be forgiven but blasphemy of the holy spirit wil not be forgiven

who ever speaks a word against the son of man will be forgiven but who ever speaks against the holy spirit will not be forgiven either in this age or the one to come

matthew 28 16- 20 then the decsiples went into galilee to the hill side to which jesus directed them

whnen they saw him they worshiped him thoug some had doubts

then jesus came up and said to them all athority in heaven and on earth has been given to me

therefore as you go disciple al the nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit

teaching them to obey all that i have commanded you and remember i am with you each and every day until the end of the age

1 corithians 14 39 - 40 therefor my brethren desire the ability to prophecy and do not preven others from speaking in tongues

but everything must be done in proper and in an orderly way

please poor in spirit do not confuse any one in this topic as this i know left to even show that it says not to come down on any one who wants to seek these gifts i am reading from the same bible as you are poor in spirit this is what you did not point out in this post as you sort of want to catch people out and then have them come to your way of thinking my friend

i have given you a fair bit to read even though i do not belive in throwing out scripture refrences like this yet most christians wil have been taught these bible refrences i have left as the living word of god never lies

you did not say to the people hear you do not see the holy spirit as a person you only see fhe father and the son but wil ignore the holy spirit all together and then you say all those that do seek this gift in tongues should not when paul says it openly do not prevent any one from seeking the gift to speak in tongues

i am on to you and understand know the way you think as i do not sift threw gods word but take it al i like to fed from the living word and i ask the holy spirit to help me and he even helps me pick out false prophets and even false teachers who wil not submit to a church or a pastor but wil stay on their own read the bible and think they have enough knowledge to confues new christians i am grounded in gods word poor in spirit so your manipulating spirit in you wil not catch me out i love you as a brother but you need to stop mocking the holy spirit or god wil not forgive you for this mockery of the holy spirit

sorry brother but this needed to be put hear

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

poor in spirit you need to stop this foolishness and....

damo1

gentle gentle

be nice

:emot-hug:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

poor in spirit you need to stop this foolishness and....

damo1

gentle gentle

be nice

:blink:

damo1

i am being jentle another traveler as i just did not want any one else to be cought out like this it happend to sevral of us until we found out he was using kings james bible and we wear told our bibles we have are no good i stil love him as a brother and i am praying for him he just needst to see that every one has a difrent bible and most cant read from the kings james and i am praying that he stops mocking the spirit as they all work together as a team and its gods spirit that he sees as a step child who is bad and only relates to the father and the son thanks i sort of prayed before i put this hear

bless you brother from damo