• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi nebula!!

That is not what I had posted. People that call for the Holy Spirit to come when He is in them are departing from the faith and opening themselves up to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. Just because the errant believers call the seducing spirits the Holy Spirit, does not make it so. It is the errant believers that would make the Holy Spirit the center of worship, and the indwelling Holy Spirit does not seek it... but that which is in the world will.

Pray for discernment.

Please consider this:

Acts 4

23 And being let go, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24 So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord. . . 31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

If they had been indwelt already by the Holy Spirit during Pentecost (Acts 2), how is it that they were filled again with the Holy Spirit? Had they somehow lost that initial filling from 2 chapters previously?

Also please consider this:

Luke 11

11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

If the children of God are asking the Father for the Holy Spirit, as Jesus said here, how are we opening ourselves up to seducing spirits? Does that not go contrary to what Jesus said here?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

i think we are wasting our time hear as this person is going to see this one way and we are going to just waste time trying to explain this even from gods unless one steps out in faith he can not understand wear others are coming from poor in spirit i have you on my prayer list in church and as i said i have been praying for you my brother and know you are going to be on this prayer list and i know that god does not ignore those that seek him out earnestly and cry out to him

1 corinthians 14

14 for if i pray in a tongue my spirit prays but my understand is un fruit ful

15 what is the conclusion then i will pray with and wil also pray with the understanding i

i will sing with the spirit and i wil also sing with the understanding

Galations 6

7 do not be deceived god can not be mocked a man reaps what he sows

1 timothy 3

8 i want men every where to lift up holy hands in prayer with our anger or disputes

i am just sifting threw the bible like you and only throwing what i feel wil show you we read from the same bible hay poor is spirit i even have asked the two spirit filled nuns i know to even -pray for you and boy being around this sisters in the lord i have learnt a lot thees old nuns are so deer to me and the good thing they are spirit filled and open to gods word and understand that the father the son and even the holy spirit work together

the holy spirit leads us and he never forces him self on us the holy spirit is such a gentlemen that he stands back and only comes when you accept him this is how gentle poor in spirit the holy spirit is and even by my own words hear that i have put down on your topic i know you wll not listen it seems to me my friend that your brains have been fried to wear you do not want to open up or have take so much medicine to wear you only allow your self to hear the gospel you want with out even trying to hear your brothers and sisters in the lord i will come back to this topic just to see wear its going and how you are responding as

tonight we have our own prayer meeting and we have been allowing the holy spirit to search our hearts as we are crying out for change and are doing this over the next 8 weeks and you are know being prayed for by my brothers and sisters in my church in Australia and as i said two old Catholic nuns who are spirit filled will also be praying for you

i have been in churches poor in spirit wear i have had to even say the lords prayer threw a book that is given out in the uniting church and the lords prayer is said every Sunday morning and in the Sunday night service the uniting church also had hymnals as you cal it which i call hymn books and sang nothing but hymns it got to the point wear i did no need the hymn books as i new each and every single song how i stepped out in faith i asked the holy spirit to help me memorize the songs and i sang every single song by heart we only had a big old organ and you should see this Esme old organ

i love you as a brother and i hope you Will take on board to what people are saying

please poor in spirit do not going greiving the holy spirit by saying such things and expecting people to tap you on the back you are going to be shakken as this happend with me and i do not want to see this happening to you let go of that hurt holy spirit and alow god to heal you as this is coming from a hurting person not some one in line with gods word

your messages gave you away my friend just the littel hints i have seen in how you post and how you try to get your point across

i love you as a brother and have not stopped praying for you poor in spirit see i am even wanting to show you that i even care for you even though we have not met but only comunicate threw cyber space

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

it seems you also have left your self open to be saduced by these spirits as well my friend this is all i wil say

peace :emot-hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

The Holy Spirit does not just point to Christ. The Holy Spirit is the very Life of God that dwells in man.

Hi ruck1,

That may be so as colorful as that sounds although I do not find scriptures that would describe Him as such in that way although I am sure you can make the connection, but in context with what I am saying if the Holy Spirit is pointing to Jesus Christ... then why are people not looking to Whom He is pointing to? I mean as far as the false accusations that I am ignoring the Holy Spirit of the Trinity, people that point to the Holy Spirit are not looking to Whom the Holy Spirit is pointing to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

The Holy Spirit does not just point to Christ. The Holy Spirit is the very Life of God that dwells in man.

Hi ruck1,

That may be so as colorful as that sounds although I do not find scriptures that would describe Him as such in that way although I am sure you can make the connection, but in context with what I am saying if the Holy Spirit is pointing to Jesus Christ... then why are people not looking to Whom He is pointing to? I mean as far as the false accusations that I am ignoring the Holy Spirit of the Trinity, people that point to the Holy Spirit are not looking to Whom the Holy Spirit is pointing to.

What's wrong with looking at both?

Then what about John 5:22,23 then? That is our job too. If the Holy Spirit is the Divine Witness pointing us to Christ Jesus, don't you think we should look to Whom He is pointing to?

Shalom Poor,

What does John 5:22 have to do with anything? I'm sorry Poor, but you're not making sense.

Why don't you tell me what you see in John 5 that you are referring to?

There is no scriptures to say we are to worship or glorify the Holy Spirit, but there are scriptures that specifically state how to glorify the Father and honor Him too

This is the crux of your argument. You don't believe the Holy Spirit is G-d.

Let me tell you the Scriptures show plainly that the Holy Spirit is G-d, as is the Son and the Father. They are Three in One and when you call the Holy Spirit "the anti-christ", you are blaspheming G-d. Just so you know.

I will post some Scriptures for you to see the truth that the Holy Spirit is G-d.

http://www.gotquestions.org/who-Holy-Spirit.html

Question: "Who is the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: There are many misconceptions on the identity of the Holy Spirit. Some view the Holy Spirit as a mystical force. Others understand the Holy Spirit as the impersonal power God makes available to followers of Christ. What does the Bible say about the identity of the Holy Spirit? Simply put - the Bible says that the Holy Spirit is God. The Bible also tells us that the Holy Spirit is a Person, a Being with a mind, emotions, and a will.

The fact that the Holy Spirit is God is clearly seen in many Scriptures including Acts 5:3-4. In this verse Peter confronts Ananias as to why he had lied to the Holy Spirit and tells him that he had

poorinspirit,

I quess, you are either a Mormon or Jehova Witness, they are both decieving cults and they will lead you astray from the truth, please open your heart to the Holy Spirit and He shall teach you the truth.

You problaly noticed that you are alone in what you believe and try to teach , your teaching is of the Antichrist because you are downgrading the Holy Spirit who is God.

Hi angels4u,

No. I am not Mormon nor Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe the Holy Spirit is God and part of the Trinity.

Doesn't bother me that I am of the few, but since you were wrong in judging me and not reading my posts what I have clearly stated about the Holy Spirit, maybe you should pray to the Lord Jesus for discernment by His Words.. so go ahead. Do it for kicks even. I'm hoping the Lord will give you an answer anyway.

And as far as being of the few, there are more muslims than christians... there are more catholics than non catholics.... there are more pentecostal and charismatic than baptists ...numbers in regards to what is right or of God in the last days should not be a guide.

Matthew 7: 13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

from damo1

high poor in spirit if i am hearing you right you are ignoring what i said to you in the post i left you and you are saying i shoud decline from what i belive in and how i see for my self who the holy spirit and you are praying that i repent of the way i have been bought up :) wel then how is some one like me going to convice those who i want to reach out to that jesus died for them ?

i find what you have said in one of the posts a little bit offensive my brother and if you are praying that god wil change the way i see things and ignore the holy spirit all together boy you have a long way to go my friend as it seems you only preach what you feel is right with you and ignore everything else that is calling the kettle dont you think my brother

why are you so against the holy spirit poopr in spirit you seem to have been hurt very bad from what i am picking up in your writtings any way poor in spirit thank you so much for your intresting post hear i might have to call my pastor up and sevral others and repent of this hole idea that the holy spirit is hear to guide me please poor in spirit if by what you said is meant for me than why dont you just state this i also love you as a brother but i do not pull you down for what you hold so close to

you can not have it both ways poor in spirit you seem to take only what you want to hear if i am right to say you dont belong to no church or do you be long to a church wear you are submissive to your pastor and to your leaders as if one is buy him self and only reading what he wants to hear how then can the one living by him self grow and learn to form healthy relationships with his brothers and sisters in the lord i have friends in the salvation army the cathlic church even seven day adventists the church of christ the anglican church and even the unitting church we all get on very wel with each other and walk in unity with each other and share and pray with each other sometimes i even go to the seven day adventist church on a saturday and to my church on a sunday this is how acceptable i am to my brothers and sisters in christ and i even go to mas on a thursday morning at the cathlic church i am very charasmatic or i should say apostolic and not once have i looked down on my other brothers and sisters i even pray with two spirit filled cathlic nuns poor in spirit

i love you but please stop praying that i recant from what i hold on to the holy spirit is a real person

Hi damo1,

I know the Holy Spirit is a real Person.

I am praying that the Lord will help you through the Holy Spirit in you to discern what teachings are taking your eyes off of Jesus by His Words to what they claim to be the Holy Spirit coming down on them again and again when it is seducing spirits. You mentioned Benny Hinn as sharing beliefs with him. That tells me more than I need to know that the reason why you are talking about the Holy Spirit so much is because of Benny Hinn and similar teachings that have found their way to you before to set you up for his errant teachings.

I do not know why believers are discounting the possibilities in the realm of the war of principalities that if the devil would attack or mislead anyone, they would concentrate on the leaders more than the followers, because if they can trip up the leader, they gather the followers up in their net as well. To declare that a leader can never make mistake is like saying the Pope is infaillible. EVERYTHING has to be discerned by the Word of God. Just taking the leader at their word and saying they discerned this.. does not negate you from confirming it.

Everything I share has to be taken to the Lord in prayer. That is why I ask posters to pray for discernment, and it can only be done by reading His Words, not by a book about the Holy Spirit written by somebody else. If you really believe the Lord speaks to you and works in you, and I do believe He does, then you take what I have shared with you with a grain of salt and take it to the Lord Jesus in prayer.

I am not against the Holy Spirit when I testify through the written word the role of the Holy Ghost in that He seeks to point us to Jesus Christ for if He does not speak of himself, then he would not be pointing to himself. It would be hard for a witness to point to himself if he seeks to glorify someone else... and we all know by His Word that the Holy Spirit seeks to glorify Jesus Christ the Lord.. for His name is above every other name.

But whom would take our eyes off of seeking the face of our Lord Jesus Christ? Seducing spirits. That is why we are called to test them. To discern them by the Word of God and our faith in Christ. They would like to broaden the Way to share in that spotlight with Jesus, and as you have said... the Holy Spirit will not step out of line of what He came to dwell in us to do... but I am saying.. what He came to do is glorify Jesus... not Himself. That is why all invitations points to Jesus because there ARE seducing spirits in the world. But if we just receive whatever spirit that comes to us and declare it to be the Holy Spirit without looking at our faith and His Word to discern by, then we are going after the rudiments of the world and glorifying something else in His name "instead of Christ".

I am not offended at all by your post because there is no pride in what I am sharing with you to offend. I am nothing. I rely on God to cause the increase. If believers don't understand, that is why I point to the Lord Jesus to pray discernment for we are living in perilous times now.

And it is entirely possible that people are not going to hear me since they do not hear His Words, but again, I leave that to God. AND when God cause the incease...YOU will know I had nothing to do with it.

Jesus said, "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

You make some good points poorinspirit

Fascinating how these folks could think you are JW / Mormon / Antichrist etc.

Hi Mutzrein!!!

I'm thankful the Lord has caused the increase!!! I'm glad in the Lord that you see!

As for the others, I was blind for awhile too. Just sharing the "talents" of what the Lord has given me. I could have buried it (and get in trouble with the Lord for it), but I'm hoping that the Lord will allow it to multiply so that others may bear fruit from this pruning process He is doing so that they may be found ready and abiding in Him come the marriage supper of the Lamb. I just serve Him, and I need His help in doing that too.