No Transportation

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I know many are out there with no transpotation who love to come to church alomost anywhere if they could get there. But the transportation they do have to get them to church is not reliable. How do we recomend a TV pastor to them. They have no access to a computer but need to hear God's word some how and TV is the best avenue for them. Who can we reccomend since so many of them have bad raps.

Thanks,

God Bless,

ray

• Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Why not recommend to churches to give rides to people to church and Bible studies? Why don't people take it upon themselves and help others, I have and I don't say that to brag ,I say it because I know its very possible to do that.

I find it particularly sad when people go right past others or their homes and refuse them a ride for whatever their excuses.

early morning or late night, I was walking , walking walking when I was able to physically walk although it was painful and difficult. One passed me by in her van, but then this lady came back and said;" oh I saw you walking to church but I didn't want to stop, we are getting mc donalds and staying home this morning,bu then the Lord told me to go back and get you, so I knew I better do it"!

I have been there, and since my car no longer worked I got involved in as church in town, than where mine was out in the country, although it was still many miles from my home (I was in choir and musical plays for Easter there and made most meetings for sometime until I was too ill to make it and then later reaslised I was not to be there anymore for many reasons (till It was known to my spirit not to go there anymore) and I know it was a terrible witness to others to see that. >> My son said I needed "new friends" in comment to seeing me wonder if anyone was coming by to help me that morning or not, as this went on and on guessing and people acting so cold hearted and I am dissabled. However, in walking I went long as I could and in wheelchair I went for a short while.

God bless that car full of non-English speaking Catholic young men who picked me up and drove me to that church(where I no longer will go to) as they saw me hobbling on my cane one early morning. We communicated by looking in each others eyes and pointing the way there and when they first stopped to get me; one jumped out to give me the front seat and I don't know when anyone showed me as much respect and love as they did that day!

Where is the love, won't we know Gods people by their love?

elkie PS We are blessed with a car now, and also deeper insight.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I know many are out there with no transpotation who love to come to church alomost anywhere if they could get there. But the transportation they do have to get them to church is not reliable. How do we recomend a TV pastor to them. They have no access to a computer but need to hear God's word some how and TV is the best avenue for them. Who can we reccomend since so many of them have bad raps.

Thanks,

God Bless,

ray

(What about home visits and study with them, be friends to them, bring a cassette or cd to them, or even better take them with you to church!)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/18/1966

Thanks,

God Bless,

ray

Hi Ray

If you go to a bible believeing, preaching church then set up a way to record the sermines if this is not already being done. Then distribute those copies out so those at home can be bleased as well. Isn't that why churces tape there sermines? You could even swap them out so everyone gets a chance to watch the different sermines. Maybe the Lord is calling you to have a bible study with them in there home.

If christians aa a whole would pitch in with those they know can't make it to church we wouldn't have to worry about the TV preachers. But if they are gong to be watched, it needs to be done with a lot of prayer, and the bible to test the words they preach. We as a whole shouls be praying that those who are in this situation will not be decived, that God will put someone in there life to give of there time, and understanding to read the scriptures together.

Sometimes just going to there house and talking with them about the bible, and the sermine you heard can help alot. Mabye it will contadict what they saw on TV and knoe to stay away from that one. Or maybe it will line up and they will know to watch him with a grain of salt. We need to make sure it's the message and not the man they're watching. We look to the message, not the messanger. If that message doesn't line up, don't let him in again.

Jesus said we are to feed those that need feed, He was not just talking food for the body, but also for the spirit man within us. Like our flesh body needs to eat daily or die so does our spirit. This is a wake up call to all of us, when Lord did I see you an hurger and not feed you, when you did not to the least of them. We give so the flesh gets feed, but what are we really doing to feed the starving spirit man. How can we see him hungery and thirsty, and not do anything?

The Lord is also chastising me in this message, it's been a while sence I've checked on granny. I need to get over there and see how she's doing. I was making sure she was getting away from TV prachers and getting her other matterial, but life has a way of ocupying our time. We need to set some time aside, no matter how busy we get.

This is my advise I hope it was helpful in some way. :)

much love in christ

sister bridget

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

There are some good suggestions here, but if you just can't get to church and must listen on TV, choose wisely. Read your Bible and study it so that if the preacher says anything not in line with the Bible, then you will tune him out. I listen on the radio to CSN radio, they have good preaching all day, every day (I listen online now since I live where there is not radio signal). It's http://www.csnradio.com

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The church should come to them. Unplug the TV preachers.

Matt 25:37-40 (KJV)

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

If there is not someone in your church willing to go to them, help them find someone willing to go from elsewhere.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

There are 3 television pastors that I watch they are Brian Houston of the famous Hillsong Church in Australia, John Hagee, and Joyce Meyer.

Like others have said though what I may like others may not so my suggestion is for them to pray about it and really the only way to tell if you like someone or not is to watch them at least once.

Edited by Shad

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

All the churches--big and tiny--I've been to in the last five years have their sermons posted on their websites, downloadable in mp3 format. I'd check into that before going to the TV, 'cause then you stand a chance of hearing from a church you're familiar with on a personal level.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

The church should come to them. Unplug the TV preachers.

Matt 25:37-40 (KJV)

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

If there is not someone in your church willing to go to them, help them find someone willing to go from elsewhere.

I agree with this. Churches should be more than willing to provide rides to those who have no transportation. And all the churches I have been to thus far do provide rides to those without transportation. I'd be bummed not to have fellowship in person. :emot-highfive:

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Charles Stanley is a great preacher. He's at the First Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA.. You can find many good ministries at One Place.com

Alister Begg is great, John Piper, John MacAuthor. Also, a good friend of mine goes to Church of the Open Door in MN. You can listen to their sermons online at The Door.org