Knowlij

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Very well, We'll all keep looking for the script/vers you wish. In the mean time, I would ask a favor of you. What does the "Holy Spirit look Like? Or better yet, who does the Holy Spirit appear to look like? What did HE wear? What type of shoes did HE wear? We know that God sent Jesus to man to die on the Cross for our sins, because man is the only being we can relate to who is most like us. But I'm saying you can almost be assured that The "Holy Spirit" is of and from God because it has no physical attributes or traits. And I'm quite sure we've seen more than a few times in the Bible where God tells us that "HE will send down HIS Spirit on us. Now we're all waiting for your response,sir?

Um excuse me? The Holy Spirit is a Person, the Third Person of the Trinity. He has traits and characteristics that distinguish Him as a Person.

And no, Jesus came to die on the Cross because the Bible teaches that only a perfect sacrifice could atone for sin, and only Jesus would qualify.

More meaningless assertion with no biblical basis.

So you deny that the Spirit is a Person with traits and characteristics? And you deny that Jesus came as the only perfect sacrifice, planned before the foundation of the world? :whistling:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greg Davies

I've scanned over some recent posts and I think I might have missunderstood what the Oneness folks are combating here.

By trinitarian, are we saying that some believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not just three distinct persons (which I believe), but not One?

For example, Jesus in John 17 prays that we (the believers) would be one with Us (the Father and the Son), just as They are One. Amazing! Now, I don't think Jesus would pray this if it wasn't going to happen. And I don't think that when we become truly one that we won't still maintain our individuality.

Greg.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God,God's Spirit.

Is this also the Spirit of Jesus Christ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

wow page 27 and we stil have gotten know wear folks give up no matter what you or i have to say this person wil see this from his own understanding i am just reading now over all his posts in this topic and i would ask before any one responds to him owings you read all his posts from the very start of this topic word for word so you at least understand how owings thinks

what amazes me is this john 3 31 to 36

31 he who comes from above is above all he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth

he who comes from heaven is above all

32 and what he has seen and heard that he testifies and no one receives his testimony

33 he who has received his testimony has certified that god is true

34 for he whom god has sent speaks the words of god for god does not give the spirit by measure

35 the father loves the son and has given all things into his hand

36 he who belives in the son has everlasting life and he who does not belive the son shall not see life but the wrath of god abides on him

i have only just finished reading every singl post that ownings as eagles has posted in this topic remember what happend how cain killed abel

genesis 4 new spirit filled life bible

13 and cain said to the lord my punishment is greater than i can bear

14 surley you have driven me out of this day from the face of the ground i shall be hidden from your face

i shall be a fugative and a vagabond on the earth and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me

15 and the lord said to him therefore whoever kills cain vengance shall be taken on him seven fold and the lord

set a mark on cain lest anyone finding him should kill him

i have also been keeping this dear brother in my prayers praying over him that the lord wil watch over him and that the lord will in his own way wear owings as eagles will see for him self that the scripture verses every one has given him wil one day sink in

please you wil just waste your time with owings as sevral have seen know wear he is on trinity and oneness

so before any one decides to say take owings on i would sugges that you read word for word every single post that he has written to understand how owings as eagles thinks his mind is set and you will not get him to budge we are just going to have to love this brother for who he is no matter how up set we get over the comments he leaves us

i am feeling very peace full and i would ask that you do not lose that joy or that peace over this topic

i love him as one of my own brothers no matter what he might be thinking about me i do what christ says and that is to forgive and take every insult with out holding a grudge

john 3 speaks for it self its written in my bibles i read from its wriiten even in my partners bible and all her pastors under her understand what john 3 says even my own partner understands this as she is the associate pastor

so before any one decides to go into a debate with owings as eagles do what i have done it wil take 1 full day to do this i started on saturday night and finished sunday after noon when i came home from church

those that ignore what john 3 says this wil happen to them i learnt this a long time ago i want to enter into that everlasting rest i do not want gods wrath on me but he says those that continue to ignore what it says in the bibles we read from this wil happen to those that continue on this path

i love you as a brother owings as eagles i took my time to read every single post you put in this topic trinity and one ness i know see wear you are coming from but i stand firm on how i was bought up and how i understand this for my self trinity or one ness i see god as a seperate person i see the son as his own person and i see the holy spirit as his own person which is also gods spirit as from the time god created this earth the spirit hoverd over the world

genesis 1 verses 1 to 2 new spirit filled life bible

in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth

the earth was with out form and void and darkness was on the face of the deep and the spirit of god was hovering over it

i wil stil show you the respect you deserve

please show the others hear the same respect as well and i hope for your sakes you take heed to all the warnings layed out in this gospel

god bless from your brother in the lord damien

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Pardon me for butting in on this conversation, but concerning Trinity/Oneness I note the following:

1. Scripture directly and emphatically teaches that there is One God above all gods (other spirit beings).

2. The preponderance of biblical evidence falls on the side of Oneness, though a distinction between God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit is evident, implied, or can be seen in many different passages.

3. Oneness doctrine draws a distinction within God, but it is one of modality, not personality.

4. Unfortunately many Oneness believers tied together Oneness doctrine with errant teaching concerning baptism in water and baptism in the Holy Spirit.

5. Evidence for

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God,God's Spirit.

Is this also the Spirit of Jesus Christ?

Yes I believe it is.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

There are none so blind as those who will not see

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I know that there is only one God, and the bible is very clear on that.

I know that there is clearly the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost listed together in Matt 28:19.

I do not find the trinity (especially the clinical description) in scripture.

I do not think that there is no difference between the Father and the Holy Ghost, or why would there be seperate listings in Matt 28:19 ?

I have read this thread (and enjoyed much of the discussion) but I am unconvinced that either side has all the issues clearly sorted out.

I still believe that this is a great mystery, as the scripture says.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

O.K. Onwings,

It is evident that you are pretty locked in to your view. The scriptures you have given in the previous post to me declare clearly the Father and the Son. I could give you many more that declare seperately the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but I know you've seen them and have found a way to interpret them differently. By the way, I'm sure someone has brought this scriptue up already: Acts 5:3,4, which declares the Holy Spirit as God.

But my question to you here is, in Gen 1:26, how do you interpret the pronouns US and OUR when God is refering to Himself?

Greg.

I notice Greg, that when he can't reconcile scripture with his doctrine, he just ignores scripture. He is great at pointing to some scripture, yet ignoring others. His picture is partial, incomplete. Satan often uses this tool. Satan gives one just enough truth to make them believe but not the whole truth, leading a person into his little world.

This heresy started at the time of the Apostles, it was dealt with while John the Apostle was still alive. Satan fooled some then, and he is still fooling some now.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

page 28 know and we cant work things out yet it was because of people like owings i did not want to come back to church i ran into many like him and to be honest i would rather be happy living the life i was living than have people like this be little me every time they get confronted they find new approaches or ignore you all together

and being honest hear i did not even want to come back i would be happy in hel than around a bunch of people that like to be litttle you yet i had no choice when the holy spirit kept on puting peoples faces in my mind to the point of shaking me up in 2001 i had no wear to run or hide but surrender it took me a month to walk back into a church nowing i would stil run into people like owings i had to even ask jesus to forgive me for mocking him the way i did and also greiving the holy spirit

so you guys are only seeing this know wel i feel for you as this is just going to keep happening hear i am amazed that he has not complained as i was doing this my self until he put a complaint in so be very care ful how you push him

i am stil hear going over the topics and you are right kansas dad with the apostle john i am just going over some things know in the bible my self

he wil find a way to come back if he is not being heard this is also something i am noticing know in how he approaches things and also they say we are only hear for the truth you wil work him out

yet i love him as one of my own brothers and i wil stil love him no matter how he be littles me with his gifted knoweldge

as he knows i wil be very skeptical when it comes to how he understands this gospel we read

i feel for you men who understand gods word yet you wil know how to approach this

god bless from your brother in the lord damien