• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

These are some verses that I always find challenging, It is so easy to hear the word of God BUT not always so easy to put it into practice.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not only hearers of it, blinding yourselves with false ideas.

Jas 1:23 Because if any man is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man looking at his natural face in a glass;

Jas 1:24 For after looking at himself he goes away, and in a short time he has no memory of what he was like.

Jas 1:25 But he who goes on looking into the true law which makes him free, being not a hearer without memory but a doer putting it into effect, this man will have a blessing on his acts.

What do you think???

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

These are very convicting verses. I would like to think that I always do God's will, but I know I don't. I read a book called "In His Steps" which was about this very subject, and it really affected my thinking about my actions. If I proclaim that I am a Christian, but my actions don't reflect that fact, then I am only giving lipservice. I think these verses are a warning to us to not embrace "new" doctrines. There are so many false teachings now days and we all must be careful to examine everything under the Biblical microscope. If we stay in God's word and study it, we won't be easily deceived and we will know what God expects of us.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

These are some verses that I always find challenging, It is so easy to hear the word of God BUT not always so easy to put it into practice.

Jas 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not only hearers of it, blinding yourselves with false ideas.

Jas 1:23 Because if any man is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man looking at his natural face in a glass;

Jas 1:24 For after looking at himself he goes away, and in a short time he has no memory of what he was like.

Jas 1:25 But he who goes on looking into the true law which makes him free, being not a hearer without memory but a doer putting it into effect, this man will have a blessing on his acts.

What do you think???

:thumbsup: I have always believed in doing and exercising the word of God in totality.

Jesus being the living word. Man cannot live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God... But I want to clarify something here...

Scholars read the word as well as many people and it is dry to them, they research not for Savation purposes. There is a difference between Logos and Rhema.

When Jesus, Our father gives ME a word...I do not get another until i eat it, digest it, walk in it..Live it.

Example: The Scripture states " Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved" They are just words to some people. Now when the Holy Spirit gets a hold of that person who is seeking...and really does Believe and exercisizes that belief, walks in it, lives it and it becomes a reality... it is powerful! Logos is reading it. Rhema is when it comes alive. If we try to do this without Jesus speaking to us first we will fail...for it is He who directs our path...for us to allow the Holy Spirt to work in us to bring about victory. :24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Indeed!! God desires us to obey him. It is His love language:

If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:15 HCSB

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

hi carol, not sure if i even have this right but my take is that we are to be christians that not only hear Gods word but apply it to our own life and help others to ... but i am sure that u got that lol but we are to dig in the Word and the more we dig and the more the Holy Spirit reveals to us and our understanding becomes clear.. think our lifes well be more forfilled and also think that our rewards in heaven is depending on what we do for the Lord here... now that last statement might get me some message.. but only meaning that if we dont do nothing for him and were saved we will still go to heaven but i think that what we do for him while we are on earth we will be rewarded for in heaven... now i totally feel this has nothing to do with what u asked lol and that is my problem when i try to get all involed in these boards.....lol oh well God bless sister vicki...

ps at least you know me from chat carol and will understand lol

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  274
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

Like the old saying goes, "It's not 'The Ten Good Suggestions'." Lord, help us to obey You in love. In Jesus' name, amen.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

Like the old saying goes, "It's not 'The Ten Good Suggestions'." Lord, help us to obey You in love. In Jesus' name, amen.

The unquestionable result of the mind of Christ formed in me is obedience. Jesus said:

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank You, O Father, Lord of Heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the sophisticated and cunning, and revealed them to babes.

Mat 11:26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

Mat 11:27 All things are delivered to Me by My Father. And no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal Him.

Mat 11:28 Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.

Mat 11:30 For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Rest? Rest from what? Trying to live up to being like God (godly) based on what is in me: sin-filled flesh, natural carnal enslaved mind and thoughts and all that attends to these (including the working of satan himself and the world about me).

What makes the yoke and burden light? It is because God does the work of re-forming, re-newing and imparting, inscribing and imprinting his Mind on mine. This is His working in me. Christ opened the door with payment-in-full. The covenant leapt to life in the work and life, death and resurrection of Jesus. The way opened for the call of God to come to my heart and yours. Here is the rest for my soul because God has done and does in me what I could not do for myself: put his Mind in me.

So -- obeying is coming to Him for His mind and then choosing to do my part in the covenant. What is my part?

"Deny myself and take up my cross daily" --> Luke 9:23 And He said to all, If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.

"Arm yourselves with the same thought" --> 1Peter 4:1 Therefore, Christ having suffered for us in the flesh, also you arm yourselves with the same thought, that he suffering in the flesh has been made to rest from sin, ...

"bring thoughts into the captivity of Christ" --> 2Co 10:5 pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ;

There are quite a few things the Lord instructs me to do, including:

1Th 5:5 You are all the sons of light and the sons of the day. We are not of the night, or of darkness.

1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be calm.

1Th 5:7 For those sleeping sleep in the night, and those being drunken are drunken in the night.

1Th 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be calm, having put on the breastplate of faith and love and the hope of salvation for a helmet.

There are so many parts for me to play in the working out of His covenant in my life. The same is true of each of us.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

I agree that obedience is a key thing. We are to obey God.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

What is meant by the true law?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

What is meant by the true law?

τέλειος teleios tel'-i-os --> True (KJV), perfect (MKJV, Literal Trans., RV), complete(Strongs), faultless (Amplified)

νόμος nomos nom'-os --> Law, esp. Law of Moses or of the Gospel (good news) of Christ.

Please take note of what James says at the end of this verse: "... , this man will have a [supreme] bessing on his acts [deeds, doing]."

What we do is blueprinted by our minds, hearts, thoughts and emotions inwardly. To change what we do outwardly in deeds requires the changing of our minds from our corrupt natural mind to the imprinting and inscribing of the mind of God on us inwardly. This is the "True Law" that James is asking us to look in to.

NOTE: This is NOT just a call to memorize scripture, or walk about, continually repeating and quoting scripture like some magic incantation or spell. This is Jame's way of summarizing the working of God, through Christ, by the Spirit (mind) of God inwardly in us. James starts by pointing at what we're to pay close attention to: The perfect Law of Liberty (the work of God renewing our minds) and then to live life where our awareness is always being cast upon what the Lord has and IS doing inwardly in us. We are to live FROM the mind of Christ in us.

When we do this (i.e. not being a forgetful hearer), when we deny the carnal natural mind and live from the mind of Christ renewed, imprinted and inscribed on our minds, hearts and thoughts -- THEN -- the blueprint is made, the die is cast and our actions (deeds, acts, doings) follow the blueprint. Because the blueprint IS the mind of God, which is supremely blessed, how can the actions be not likewise supremely blessed?

This is the basis of II Cor 10:5 ... pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ;

The obedience of Christ is not US obeying Christ. This is LITERALLY the obedience of Christ Himself dwelling IN US, His mind in us, which DOES OBEY God just like Jesus did as He walked amongst us. Please get this point! This is NOT US obeying or our capacity to obey -- We are INCAPABLE of obedience! This IS the obedient mind of Christ being imprinted on our minds, renewing and transforming us from children of disobedience to children of the obedience of Christ. Only the obedient mind of Christ imprinted in us has the capacity to obey God and form the basis for doing His righteousness through our bodies resulting in our actions (words and deeds) being in line with God (without sin).

THIS is the perfect Law of Liberty; there is NO other. I hope this clarifies what you were asking for.