• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I haven't fasted, but my husband has. Once he got through the "I'm hungry" stage it was great. He spent much time reading his Bible and praying. He fasted for three days and has only done it once, but he really felt like he became much closer to God.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Thanks sooo encouraging to hear!! I had such a hard time in the I'm hungry period.. now I know there is a way out!! hehehe

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1972

I do. The longest I have gone is a 3 day fast. We fast to devote ourselves to seeking God's face and voice.

I think that's the longest I've gone. I fast once in a while, usually for one day. However, I must admit that I didn't seek God during my past fasts except for my last one.

Don't forget, check with your doctor to see if fasting is okay first if you have any medical problems. If you do fast from food, be sure to drink plenty of fluids and watch your activites.

Also, a fast doesn't mean you have to abstain from all food. You can abstain from meat or sweets. In fact, you can abstain from certain activites like watching TV, playing video games (if you're a gamer like I used to be), or something.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

when i have tried to fast, i have concentrated tooo much on the fasting part and not enough on the reason for fasting....

the longest fast, was from friday morning (ate a bowl of cereal), til monday morning (when i ate another bowl of cereal....

this fast was not intentional, but through this time, i was in prayer and reading and also fasting sleep (went with out any sleep during this time as well...) and i began receiving my healing, I found myself singing in a language i did not know, and when all was done, that is when i realized what had happened....

how often do I fast? oh, some times i fast lunch, and read and study and pray..... but most the time I am reading, studying and praying while i do lunch...... some times we (me and a couple others) do a bit of preachin'.....

anyways,,

what we are fasting for, is more important, then just fasting.....

mike

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

when i have tried to fast, i have concentrated tooo much on the fasting part and not enough on the reason for fasting....

the longest fast, was from friday morning (ate a bowl of cereal), til monday morning (when i ate another bowl of cereal....

this fast was not intentional, but through this time, i was in prayer and reading and also fasting sleep (went with out any sleep during this time as well...) and i began receiving my healing, I found myself singing in a language i did not know, and when all was done, that is when i realized what had happened....

how often do I fast? oh, some times i fast lunch, and read and study and pray..... but most the time I am reading, studying and praying while i do lunch...... some times we (me and a couple others) do a bit of preachin'.....

anyways,,

what we are fasting for, is more important, then just fasting.....

mike

Yes, I agree. Fasting is seen in many different forms. Some fast just to loose weight. Others fast to try and gain in the eyes of the Lord. The fast that I am interested in is one where I surrender all and allow God to mold me into a vessel that He can use. One that breaks my spirit that is still bound to the world in ways.

Fasting should never be for vain reasons, but to seek Gods will in ones life. It may be to set the oppressed free. It may be for special anointing. May be for service. All in all, it is to bow to the Lord and allow Him to live through us.

Thanks for all your posts. They have encouraged me.

Your Brother In Christ,

Alan

• Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

i too have been encouraged. i didnt realise that others also went through the i'm hungry thing, i also inadvertently have thoughts of losing weight ...

maybe one part of fasting is actually training ur mind to forget everything else and just force it to focus on God and He has to say.

i had quit fasting cos of the lack of focus during the initial stages but i think i am gonna try again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

I fast....and I should do it more often. Last summer our pastor

called all who could, to a 1 week fast. We had a praise and

worship service every night.

Kathy

Fasting is the worst when ppl around you are baking pizza in the oven or something like that. IT ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME! But I have to train myself to FOCUS... just like peachs said lol

Guest HIS girl

It's a very personal thing I feel. Whether you fast for important personal issues individually or in groups in your Church, it's definitely Scriptual and something to think about doing if you've never done it before.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Fasting is the worst when ppl around you are baking pizza in the oven or something like that. IT ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME! But I have to train myself to FOCUS... just like peachs said lol

This reminds me when I use to fast years ago, I would go food shopping. When you walked through the front door, they would blow the sweet smelling air from the bakery over the opening door. Man, that was hard ... pastries when you're starving!

Totally understand!

OneLight

Pastries lol... another thorn to the side.