• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

spot on grace is what saved us from our sins as soon as we said the sinners prayer christ forgave us

romans 8 new spirit filled bible

1 therfore their is now no condemnation to those who are in christ jesus

who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the spirit

2 for the law of the spirit of life in christ jesus has made me free

from the law of the sin of death

11 but if the spirit of him who raised jesus from the dead dwells in you

he who raised christ from the dead wil also give life to your mortal bodies

through his spirit who dwells in you

christ is our place romans 5 new spirit filled life bible

6 for when we wear stil with out strength in due time christ died for the ungodly

11 for if we were enemies we were reconciled to god through the death of his son

much more having been reconciled we shal be saved by his life

just a few more things to ponder on from gods living word as i was just going over this the other day plus i was geting acuanted with this old verse in romans sonship threw the spirit romans 8 read from verse 12 to verse 17

we do not need to make this compicated as the bible speaks for it self we just need to belive what it says in god word and not alow confusion to come in or to the point wear doubt is thrown in to make us question what jesus has done in our lives we need to be alert as people wil try to throw doubt at us to the point wear you start to wonder if i am realy hearing from god jesus has given us the holy spirit the holy spirit leads us while we are alive on this earth and the holy spirit opens up our eyes to the truth of gods word if we belive what we are reading

god bless from your brother in the lord damien

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

To be saved we must believe in God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Chrisitianity has gotten away from grace so far that it's sad.

Christianity has not gotten away from grace. It is that so many people make it the entire definition of Christianity and practically ignore the rest of the bible or depower it so much that following it is almost meaningless.

Grace is what saved us from our sins, but it did not take us away from our responsibility to live according to the scriptures.

Christ substituting His life for us is what saved us.

tisk tisk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Nice way to explain it onelight :laugh: the works we do in faith, because faith without works is dead...we do to glorify God, not for salvation. "Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Eph. 2:9).

Though our righteousness, in and of ourselves, is as filthy rags...Our righteousness we have in Christ is pure and spotless (2 Corinthians 5:21)...it is a free gift as well (Rom. 5:17).

So....all of the televangelists and mega churches with their collection efforts and loud proclamations of their good works means nothing? This is how it seems to me. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

Nice way to explain it onelight :laugh: the works we do in faith, because faith without works is dead...we do to glorify God, not for salvation. "Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Eph. 2:9).

Though our righteousness, in and of ourselves, is as filthy rags...Our righteousness we have in Christ is pure and spotless (2 Corinthians 5:21)...it is a free gift as well (Rom. 5:17).

So....all of the televangelists and mega churches with their collection efforts and loud proclamations of their good works means nothing? This is how it seems to me. :)

Collection efforts and loud proclamations of their good works :blink::laugh::taped: Whuch ya talking about willis????????

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

Christianity has not gotten away from grace. It is that so many people make it the entire definition of Christianity and practically ignore the rest of the bible or depower it so much that following it is almost meaningless.

Grace is what saved us from our sins, but it did not take us away from our responsibility to live according to the scriptures.

tisk tisk

Then explain this -

Hebrews 5:8-9 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

You stop at the grace of Christ, but there are 27 books of the NT that were given to us for our salvation. Grace is just the beginning.

This is the grace of Jesus -

Romans 8:10-11 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Because of that man is required to this -

Romans 8:12-13 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

The grace of God saved us through Christ's death, but it is still up to us to "mortify the deeds of the body". If we do then we shall live.

Well said!!!

tisk tisk

Then explain this -

Hebrews 5:8-9 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

You stop at the grace of Christ, but there are 27 books of the NT that were given to us for our salvation. Grace is just the beginning.

Romans 8:10-11 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Romans 8:12-13 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

The grace of God saved us through Christ's death, but it is still up to us to "mortify the deeds of the body". If we do then we shall live.

Well said!!!

""Carcaptor: Then explain this -

Hebrews 5:8-9 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;"

i'll explain it to you and the gentleman that is amening you. Perhaps you guys go to the same

bible study and ask one another what they think scripture means.

So youre taking a stance where you feel the author is saying that by obeying Christ we

are given eternal salvation. Obeying would be the 10 commandments etc. etc.

Somehow you feel as though Christ introduced these things and never mentioned in the Old Testament?

Jews wandered around thinking what should they do to receive eternal life and Paul said "obey Christ"

and it enlightened them?

Perhaps you guys can broaden up the scope by reading the entire chapter and the one before and after.

you feel that the author is wasting other points such as Christ being from the tribe of Judah, Melchisedec,

or priesthood just so he can tell you that you should "obey" christ to have eternal life?

Christ is being called "high priest." The author is letting you know why Christ is the high priest.

Not only to educate you, and your bible study friends, but why the Jews expected high priests

to come out of the Levites and the author is saying that it's possible for the high priest

to come out from another tribe. Jews look at a high priest from the tribe of the Levites to

represent them and here come Christ from the tribe of Judah and that is a red flag.

Paul is saying to "obey" Christ as they would a high priest.

However, i dont expect you and your "amen"'er to understand this.

You just looked at that line of scripture and ran with it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

tisk tisk

Then explain this -

Well said!!!

""Carcaptor: Then explain this -

i'll explain it to you and the gentleman that is amening you. Perhaps you guys go to the same

bible study and ask one another what they think scripture means.

So youre taking a stance where you feel the author is saying that by obeying Christ we

are given eternal salvation. Obeying would be the 10 commandments etc. etc.

Somehow you feel as though Christ introduced these things and never mentioned in the Old Testament?

Jews wandered around thinking what should they do to receive eternal life and Paul said "obey Christ"

and it enlightened them?

Perhaps you guys can broaden up the scope by reading the entire chapter and the one before and after.

you feel that the author is wasting other points such as Christ being from the tribe of Judah, Melchisedec,

or priesthood just so he can tell you that you should "obey" christ to have eternal life?

Christ is being called "high priest." The author is letting you know why Christ is the high priest.

Not only to educate you, and your bible study friends, but why the Jews expected high priests

to come out of the Levites and the author is saying that it's possible for the high priest

to come out from another tribe. Jews look at a high priest from the tribe of the Levites to

represent them and here come Christ from the tribe of Judah and that is a red flag.

Paul is saying to "obey" Christ as they would a high priest.

However, i dont expect you and your "amen"'er to understand this.

You just looked at that line of scripture and ran with it.

Christ did not introduce to abhorring covetousness, but actually Isaiah carried on the same torch God lit by Moses. Namely, that thou should put thine idols from thee. I will show you what you need to do before you are truly saved and made righteous. Otherwise, you are just going by the light of your own flame in the flame that ye kindled.

Isaiah55:4

Behold, I shall give him for a witness among the folk, for a Prince and Captain unto the people.

55:5

Lo, thou shalt call an unknown people: and a people that had no knowledge of thee, shall run unto thee: because of the LORD thy God, the holy one of Israel, which glorifieth thee.

55:6

Seek the LORD, while he may be found, and call upon him while he is nye.

55:7

Let the ungodly man forsake his ways and the unrighteous his imaginations, and turn again unto the LORD: so shall he be merciful unto him: and to our God, for he is ready to forgive.

55:8

For thus sayeth the LORD: my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways,

55:9

but as far as the heavens are higher than the earth, so far do my ways exceed yours, and my thoughts yours (1537 o.T faithofGod.net)

I Thesalonians (1526 N.T)

4:3

For this is the will of God, which is your sanctifying, that ye should abstain from fornication,

4:4

that every one of you should know how to keep his vessel in sanctifying and honour,

4:5

and not in the lust of concupiscence, as do the heathen, which know not god,

4:6

that no man go beyond, and defraud his brother in bargaining, because the Lord is avenger of all such things: as we told you before time, and testified unto you.

4:7

For God hath not called us unto uncleanness: but unto sanctifying

Christ did not introduce to abhorring covetousness, but actually Isaiah carried on the same torch God lit by Moses. Namely, that thou should put thine idols from thee. I will show you what you need to do before you are truly saved and made righteous. Otherwise, you are just going by the light of your own flame in the flame that ye kindled.

Isaiah55:4

Behold, I shall give him for a witness among the folk, for a Prince and Captain unto the people.

55:5

Lo, thou shalt call an unknown people: and a people that had no knowledge of thee, shall run unto thee: because of the LORD thy God, the holy one of Israel, which glorifieth thee.

55:6

Seek the LORD, while he may be found, and call upon him while he is nye.

55:7

Let the ungodly man forsake his ways and the unrighteous his imaginations, and turn again unto the LORD: so shall he be merciful unto him: and to our God, for he is ready to forgive.

55:8

For thus sayeth the LORD: my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not my ways,

55:9

but as far as the heavens are higher than the earth, so far do my ways exceed yours, and my thoughts yours (1537 o.T faithofGod.net)

I Thesalonians (1526 N.T)

4:3

For this is the will of God, which is your sanctifying, that ye should abstain from fornication,

4:4

that every one of you should know how to keep his vessel in sanctifying and honour,

4:5

and not in the lust of concupiscence, as do the heathen, which know not god,

4:6

that no man go beyond, and defraud his brother in bargaining, because the Lord is avenger of all such things: as we told you before time, and testified unto you.

4:7

For God hath not called us unto uncleanness: but unto sanctifying

"I will show you what you need to do before you are truly saved and made righteous."

before i am truly saved?

I feel as though you arent clear on what sanctification means.

by the way, we are not "made righteous".

If you were made righteous then you'd be Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  149
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  2

Even the Devil knows that Jesus is the Son of God and died for our sins. He is, however, not saved; because He rejected God. Our acceptance of God and His grace does not come from mere words but by making Him our life. In other words, to believe that Jesus saved us and be sorry for our sins is to abandon our old life and think, talk and do as Jesus would do.