• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

hay his girl

i would say yes the very first day i met my wife to be our souls connected and know if something is going on wear one of us are in danger or in need of prayer we get jolted by the lord to pray for each other

kristina tels me when the lord jolts her as she writes down the time the date she was wokken up and i do the same from australia its just daunted me how the lord has done this wear he has been able to bring two people together like this with me living in Australia and kristina living in the Philippines

i also can sence when kristina is praying for me as we wil email each other with times and dates and she also knows when i am praying for her and every time we do this god just blesses us kristina also was praying for this new job of mine and when she says goes on a missions trip like for example each year she wil do a medicen and food run with other christian drs and spend 4days going to diffrent communitys wear people get free check ups free medicen and free food i wil always be praying for her as she goes into some dangerous parts in her comunity as her ministry started in a coal mining village when she was only 16yrs old so the lord has blessed me with a strong god fearing women who also encourages me and builds me up to be the man i am meant to be in the lord

you can also have a close friend this could be some one you know or those who you have allowed into your life and out of those people that you have allowed to come into your life some one wil know how to cheer you up what to say and wil always be their for you

this is what i am only starting to see know out of all the partners i have had kristina is my soul mate and i am great ful for this as i never felt this connected with my first wife like i do feel with kristina

we fell in love with each other and i know this is the women i am to be with for the rest of my life god has heard my prayer and he did this in his timming as i was stil seeking him and i needed to heal and when i was ready the lord did the rest and i thank him for giving me the good looking women i have by my side we use our gifts to build his kingdom and we alow him to work threw us when it comes to the lost we are like a team know

and satan wil not be able to do what he has been doing in the past when she is down or feeling weak i am their for her and its the same for me when i am feeling burnt out or feeling depressed or stressing out she is their for me i can even pray with kristina and i can even read gods word with kristina and she loves to worship the lord i love to play the guitar so she is over the moon that she has a partner who is gifted like this

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl

That's fantastic damo1 :huh: but you know I have heard some people say that their spouse is their life partner but not their soul mate....it is/ was someone else....

That seems at little strange to me somewhat....!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

mark went against every preconcieved idea i'd ever had about what i wanted in a man. he wasn't close to God, although he was saved. he hadn't been single very long so he still had baggage he was carrying around. he had a history with substance addiction. everything i wanted to steer clear of. but God had a reason for joining us together...

Except for the substance addiction part, you just described my husband! :thumbsup:

I have believed for most of my marriage that I married outside the will of God (and I'm not sure I can be convinced otherwise. What happened a few years ago almost destroyed me beyond repair, which to me is just further evidence that I made a mistake. However, God has shown Himself to be the ultimate healer). In this belief, however, I remind myself that God works all things together for good, including my perceived mistake. I just can't help thinking about how different my life would have been had I sought God's will and been a more mature believer when I married. Even though things have been really great in my marriage this past year (and we've been married for almost ten), I feel I've been cheated out of the marriage God intended for me. :o

Guest HIS girl
Even though things have been really great in my marriage this past year (and we've been married for almost ten), I feel I've been cheated out of the marriage God intended for me. :o

:thumbsup:

Christian marriages also have there bad times, in fact I know a couple right now who are Christians and are seriously thinking of parting ways. They both came to the Lord after they were married and have struggled to gel emotionally ever since. Quite odd but that's how it is.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

Even though things have been really great in my marriage this past year (and we've been married for almost ten), I feel I've been cheated out of the marriage God intended for me. :o

:thumbsup:

Christian marriages also have there bad times, in fact I know a couple right now who are Christians and are seriously thinking of parting ways. They both came to the Lord after they were married and have struggled to gel emotionally ever since. Quite odd but that's how it is.

Excellent point, and it brings me comfort to remember that as well. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

When we speak of Christ being a soul mate I think that perhaps we forget the He ministers to us through the spirit. It is the Holy Spirit or the Spirit of Christ within us that makes us feel that presence and reality of Christ. It is our spirit that communes with the LORD and knows him. Then the soul is blessed and also the body. But there is a big difference between soul and spirit. God is spirit.

I think that often when we meet people and feel close ties with them again the spirit is involved. The Holy Spirit within one reaches out to the Holy Spirit in the other and there is a feeling of oneness.

As Patricia mentioned there can be other not so good spiritual ties also.

Then there are those people who are so like us in make up that there is a wonderful understanding flowing and a like goal which gives much unity of thought and action. There is power in that relationship for sure.

And then there are the physical relationships and those have ties which people used to call soul mates.

I had read this topic last night and it stayed on my mind. Wanted to share my thoughts.

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,856
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I believe that a soul mate doesn't have to be your life partner. It could be the person you learn the most from here on earth, such as your mother, brother, or friend.

So far, I've learned the most from God. (not saying He is a person here on earth so please don't take that the wrong way)

So, is it safe for me to say that He's my soulmate? :laugh:

I would say that it is ok for you to call Jesus your 'Soulmate' :35:

I would also say that He is a 'Person' here on earth. As well as in heaven. :laugh:

Now that I think about it (which I have never thought about before)........I would have no hesitation whatsoever in calling Jesus my 'Soulmate'.

Other relationships, whether they be of a sexual, friendly, or familial nature, have left me somewhat lacking.

This is not to say that I would ever endorse or agree with any sexual/homosexual overtones or inferences in connection with such a thing. But consider the 'Song of Solomon'......which is a type of celebration of the union between a man and his bride.................... - or Christ, and his 'Bride'.

We share an intimacy with Christ, which I believe we can not truly share with any other member of the human race.

I know for a fact that God has promised me a 'soulmate'......Still waiting.

In the meantime, in times of difficulty or hardship, I often find myself imagining that I am laying against His breast, or laying my head upon His shoulder, or His knee, or at His feet.

I see no contradiction or difficulty in such things, since I am His child, and depend upon Him.

There is a certain 'affection' present there, which I don't believe I would ever find fulfilment in with another person, since no other person could understand me so much as He does.

Yes........Jesus is my soulmate.........and my best friend. :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I do like the idea of having soul mates in the plural that you do connect with and learn from who are not necessarily romantic. However I don't believe that there is one romantic partner or soul mate for one person, a one to one pair up.

If I spent time worrying about all of the potential women I missed by marrying my wife, or that God had some really special women out there that if I had only listened harder I would be happier with now as a wife, I think it would be a path toward divorce and multiple divorce at that. What I am saying is that people are by nature unstable beings. We change, we float, we forget what we wanted or want, we rationalize, thus if I have a false idea that there is ONLY one person for me forever and I missed that person because now 20 some years later I am no longer happy, I will in fact never find anyone because I will simply cycle through that feeling over and over. In fact I may come to believe I am actually doing God's will by leaving a marriage to continue seeking my "true" soul mate. This of course is nonsense. We have all seen this happen to people. In fact I have seen many an adulterous affair began with this very premise.

Scripture does not support the idea of a soul mate. We should love and honor our family though and respect the vows we have made to God to create that family, warts and all. A really great benefit would be a special connection between a husband and wife for their whole life, but it may not happen, it may not even be in God's plan to happen that way.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

I do like the idea of having soul mates in the plural that you do connect with and learn from who are not necessarily romantic. However I don't believe that there is one romantic partner or soul mate for one person, a one to one pair up.

If I spent time worrying about all of the potential women I missed by marrying my wife, or that God had some really special women out there that if I had only listened harder I would be happier with now as a wife, I think it would be a path toward divorce and multiple divorce at that. What I am saying is that people are by nature unstable beings. We change, we float, we forget what we wanted or want, we rationalize, thus if I have a false idea that there is ONLY one person for me forever and I missed that person because now 20 some years later I am no longer happy, I will in fact never find anyone because I will simply cycle through that feeling over and over. In fact I may come to believe I am actually doing God's will by leaving a marriage to continue seeking my "true" soul mate. This of course is nonsense. We have all seen this happen to people. In fact I have seen many an adulterous affair began with this very premise.

Scripture does not support the idea of a soul mate. We should love and honor our family though and respect the vows we have made to God to create that family, warts and all. A really great benefit would be a special connection between a husband and wife for their whole life, but it may not happen, it may not even be in God's plan to happen that way.

Very good thoughts smalcald! We do have friends and family, those we have special emotional and psychological connections with, and I suppose we could call those closest to us, others who seem to be very close to us emotionally whom we honor and respect greatly - soul mates. But the concept that there is only one special person that we are suppose to marry is just not scriptural. The Bible doesn't command us to marry the one we love, but love the one we've married!