Overwhelmed by the sadness of 2007

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This year has been the hardest year of my life.......

There has been so much sorrow, loss and pain......

Apart from losing some friends (who passed away) i have had to cope with my mother's illness and emmotional problems and learnt that my sister(who has not spoken to me for 3 years)

dosn't want to ever reconcile our relationship.

Despite numerous letters and phone calls, she dosn't respond and I have had to start the grieving

process of loss.

This year also marked 9 years of infertility for my husband and I (previous

miscarriages).

Then on Sunday evening, we learn that my brother in law was killed in the apartment block

that we rent to him and his brother.

He was drunk and had fallen off the balcony.

His funeral was yesterday.

After viewing his body, I realised the finality of death and grieved because I wasn't sure if he was saved or not - so not knowing where he will be spending eternity is the saddest part of his death.

I wanted so much to share this pain with my sister,and phoned her but she wasn't home.

I spoke with her son(who i havn't seen in 3 years). I could tell that he didn't want to talk to me

and she didn't return my phone calls.

So, I am feeling overwhelmed by so many losses.

Then, I had a misunderstanding with my Mother in law today and she told my husband

that her relationship with me has finished and she is going to get a new mobile(cell phone) so she can communicate to my husband without me knowing any details.

I know she is grieving and hurting and I forgive her - I forgive her anyway, in spite of what she says.

You can look up the details about my sister and I in my previous topics/posts.

I miss my sister and also her children.

She daughter used to write to me but that all stopped about six months ago.

She never responds to my letters.

I'm totally devasted by the loss of my brother in law.....

I took the phone call on Sunday evening.....

I had had a wonderful afternoon and had heard a wonderful preaching

and went to bed feeling so peaceful, only to be woken by the phone and this

tragic news.

I know that Satan is playing a big part in all of this.........

I will keep trusting in the Lord but this is just so heartbreaking at present.

I am not looking forward to my husband going back to work on Monday as I will be all alone

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

:o:thumbsup::noidea::blink:

I am so sorry that this year has been so hard for you. I pray that you will know God's comfort and peace at this time and especially on Monday when your husband goes back to work! :wub: :wub: ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

My heart goes out to you! :th_praying:

Death is indeed a sad part of life. We are all just waiting for our own appontment. But God offers us comfort in the fact that all believers in him are not even citizens of this world. Our true home is in heaven. To the Lord, the death of a believer is not a tragedy, but a homecoming. Of course, we are left here to miss them for awhile, but we will soon be reunited with those who went before us in due time. Then nothing shall ever again separate us.

I pray that the Lord will comfort you, and heal the hurt in your heart.

:noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

God bless you dear Sister.

Loss and pain are so hard to deal with. And it is so present. The only answer is to go into the presence of the LORD Monday and pour your grief and pain out to him and allow the Holy Spirit to comfort your soul and spirit. Look forward to Monday and your special time with Him. Allow all your pains and discomforts and disappointments and griefs to drive you to the Father of All Comfort. Then they will be turned to your good and his glory.

Even though you may still hurt you will have deeper communion with your LORD. HE WILL COMFORT YOU. But we have to give it to him. So go as that little child pouring out your heart in faith. In the Name of JESUS......

And even though you do not know the destination of your brother-in-law, you know Christ. Trust Him. Give all your thoughts and grief to Him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Oh sweetie it sounds like you have repeated my 2006. I am praying for you. :thumbsup::laugh::24::24:

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

:wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

One thing you can be grateful for, is that you have a husband who is there to support you through this difficult time. For many of us (myself included), we aren't just alone when our husband goes to work...

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NASB

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

My heart goes out to you. You have had a lot of heartache this year. You can never replace those who you have lost - or are estranged from - but you can fill your life with others. Make new friends. They won't take the place of those you have lost, but it will give you a new focus. You say you will be alone on Monday when your husband goes to work....do you work outside of your home? If you don't, maybe you could start a new hobby, or take a class at your loca college. Volunteer at your church to do things. Throw yourself whole-heartedly into Bible study.

I have lost many people - some through death and some through estrangement - and I know the hurt. Remember that steal must go through fire to be strong.

Dear Lord,

I pray for this lady and ask that you sent comfort to her. She has a lot of heart-break and needs You comfort. Give her Your peace and guide her in overcoming this pain.

In Christ's name I pray

Amen

<>< ><>

nathele