IGNORED

Would Any That Seek God But Never Heard The Gospel Be Lost?

poorinspirit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/21/1963

A point of contention has been raised by unbelievers as to why they would not believe. By the grace of God, He has enabled me to address it to them, but felt the need to share it here as for equipping the saints.

You may hear this test of the sovereignty of God in different ways:

How can there be a loving God if some poor starving child in Africa that never heard the Gospel and dies, gets sent to Hell?

Let us look at the sovereignty of God now.

Now, we all heard about the great commission.

Matthew 28: 18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now we go to God leading Paul as he served Him to the Gentiles:

Acts 16: 6Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, 7After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. 8And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. 9And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.

What happened? Wasn't there a commandment to teach all nations? Why would God deny the Gospel to Asia and Mysia at that time? Yet we see that someone was seeking Him in Macedonia as a dream was sent to Paul. Thus we see the sovereignty of God in that He knows those that are seeking Him and those that are not. This is why we have these scriptures to guide us.

Matthew 7: 6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. 7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

God has made a promise in verse 7 & 8. Even though the man in Macedonia never heard it, God spoke it and it shall be done.

Isaiah 55: 10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 12For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. 13Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Sounds like the bringing of the Good News and its effect!

Romans 10: 14How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

Not everyone that hear the Gospel will believe, but those that seek Him, shall, for the Gospel will come to them for them to hear and so that they may believe and be saved.

John 3: 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Thus God knows who are seeking Him and those that are not as whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, thus the Gospel shall be preached unto them.

God is at work as He enables us to serve Him. Jesus knows His sheep and calls them by name, therefore the burden for serving Him is light as His yoke is easy. The results are on Him to accomplish as He enables us to serve Him.

John 6: 28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

That not only goes for Him working in our lives to help us live as his by faith, but Him enabling us to serve Him by faith also.

Matthew 10: 17But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So that is why we have this rest in Jesus so that when He appears, we are not bound nor committed to do anything down here for He shall finish it.. even in those left behind at the marriage supper of the bride and bridegroom.

Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 12: 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

So no matter if you are in the middle of witnessing, trust in God that when He takes you, He shall take over since it was never on you in the first place. It is on Him as He enables us to serve Him. When it is time to go, God means it.

Thus we can rest in Jesus in doing His Work for what He is sent for.. to save those that seek God. Thus no one that never heard the Gospel, but died and went to Hell, God knew they would not have believed in the first place. But we can rest knowing that anyone.. no matter where... anyone that seeks God, will have the Gospel preached unto them as He has promised for all those that do seek Him. Amen.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

Thus we can rest in Jesus in doing His Work for what He is sent for.. to save those that seek God. Thus no one that never heard the Gospel, but died and went to Hell, God knew they would not have believed in the first place. But we can rest knowing that anyone.. no matter where... anyone that seeks God, will have the Gospel preached unto them as He has promised for all those that do seek Him. Amen.

God will judge the hearts of those who never heard of Him, the Bible or any teachings pertaining to God. You words; "Thus no one that never heard the Gospel, but died and went to Hell, God knew they would not have believed in the first place.", are not true. You do not know the heart of man nor the judgments God will set forth. there have been many discussions on this matter. You should do a search and learn.

To claim that God, by His grace, has enabled you to teach false doctrine clearly points out that the doctrine you teach is your own.

OneLight

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

A point of contention has been raised by unbelievers as to why they would not believe. By the grace of God, He has enabled me to address it to them, but felt the need to share it here as for equipping the saints.

How can there be a loving God if some poor starving child in Africa that never heard the Gospel and dies, gets sent to Hell?

I appreciate the work you put into collating your post but I believe you need to examine your premise. Scripture does not tell us that these go to hell. It tells us that they perish. Man is born 'dead' and unless he receives the Spirit of Life - which is the deposit guaranteeing him 'eternal life' - then he will just return to the the dust from whence he was taken. For this man, that is the end of it. No spirit. No eternal life. No resurrection. No judgment. No heaven. No hell.

God is the God of the Living - NOT the dead!

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

to poor in spirit

reading what you stated hear i feel you also need to look at your own doctrine hear as god is god and who ever god wants to draw to him self he can do this with out you poor in spirit

if you seem to think god has given you this vision to teach the truth and come against false doctrine i would ask you this question with the many christians around the world and those working in the fields say like in india and indonesia and even in my partners country who do you think that reached out to these people ?

also in our prisons poor in spirit god does not need a person to spread his word as many inmates can tell you that god can get to a person

it happend too me in my last month i was in jail for the second time and this time it was a longer sentance and i finished my time in a prison farm

you said how can their be a loving god if some poor starving child in africa and who has not heard the gospel goes to hell

i have said it in sevral topics these people wil go straight to heaven with out having the gospel preached as god wil not punish a child like this for the sins of its leaders

and its the same poor in spirit with people and young people who have mental disabilities like those that are crippled or retarted or kids like my eldest boy to my first relationship mark has autisem and mark wil not go to hell because of what i did when i was not a christian or what his mother did

god is not that mean poor in spirit and to say something like this it is sending warning bells again i took my time to read what you had said and i had to go over it again also with the kids i work with as a goverment foster carer say for example if one commits suicide the young person wil not be sent to hell as god has seen what has been done to this chlid the young kids i get poor in spirit are very dameged and to say to a child like this you wil go to hell is bluntly haressey poor in spirit

every single christian has heard about the great commision poor in spirit even christians in my partners country christians also in my country and christians all over the world have heard the great commission as this gospel poor in spirit is sold in the wider part of the world and as i said to you many diffrent translations are sold threw out the world

in my partners country poor in spirit the people their do not buy the kings james bible many have the same bible i have only sevral who can understand what is said in the king james bible will buy it for theme selves but these people poor in spirit do not sift threw the bible they study gods word they feed on gods word and they belive in everything that is said in gods word

their are female pastors poor in spirit moving in the gifts paul talks about their are young people also moving in the gifts paul talks about in 1 corinthians 14 and these people are like me and the ones i know they wil not alow a foolish person to spread lies or plan seeds of doubt some pas on their bibles to those who can not afford one

heavenly man brother yun had to pray for a bible as in china the goverment controls what goes in too that country and when a bible makes it to china the christians in china wil cherish the bible that has been sent to them and will take hold of gods word and as i said belive in everything that is said brother yun said their wear many situations the lord porttected him he had no one to teach him or guide him yet brother yun trusted god and seeked everything he read he was hungry for gods word

i feel you better go over the great commission poor in spirit and read it with an open heart as i feel you are going to bring gods judgment on your own head as this is not god that i am hearing comming from your writting poor in spirit

jesus sat with the out casts he did not enter the temples in the villages he came to and sat and ate with the pharisees he sat with the commen man he also sat with criminals and he also sat and talked with prostitutes mary was about to be stonned and jesus said he who has no sin let him throw the first stone

thank you but poor in spirit i am going to trust the bible more i wish you the best yet i feel that you wil get no wear and people are not stupid poor in spirit

good luck poor in spirt on your quest i hope when god does decide to judge the whole world you wil be ready to give full acount as you wil have to say why you led your followers to hell and you wil have no wear to run or hide poor in spirit

again thank you but i am sticking to gods word

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I appreciate the work you put into collating your post but I believe you need to examine your premise. Scripture does not tell us that these go to hell. It tells us that they perish. Man is born 'dead' and unless he receives the Spirit of Life - which is the deposit guaranteeing him 'eternal life' - then he will just return to the the dust from whence he was taken. For this man, that is the end of it. No spirit. No eternal life. No resurrection. No judgment. No heaven. No hell.

God is the God of the Living - NOT the dead!

Blessings

No Judgment. Please give your scriptural references for this, cause my bible reads a little different.

Edit

All I need to know is that I was confused by it and God is not the author of confusion...

IS the OP trying to say that God plays favorites?

damo1

high jami lea

just study your bible we know the op very well and you wil see what god says about false teachers yes he is saying god plays favorities and kids like he said wil go to hel which is not true

god bless from damien stipic

Edit

All I need to know is that I was confused by it and God is not the author of confusion...

damo1

high jami lea

just study your bible we know the op very well and you wil see what god says about false teachers yes he is saying god plays favorities and kids like he said wil go to hel which is not true

god bless from damien stipic

Thank you brother damien.

damo1

high jami lea

its cool i am just going over my bible know to see wear kids like this go to hel i have not come across any passages and if i do i wil bring this up on this topic but i wil cal it as it is and say kids like he stated in africa wil go to heaven god is not that mean just study your bible trust the holy spirit and you wil be fine he wil not lead you on a path to hel the holy spirit is hear to help

as i have a 17yr old boy to my first relationship who has autisem and i get up set when ever i hear this i know mark wil go to heaven not to hell

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

.... anyone that seeks God ....

:mgfrog:

Deep, Deep Subject

:mgdetective:

True Seekers Will Find

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

But Are There Any Seekers

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Romans 3:11-12

Impossible With Man But With God (Hallelujah!)

When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
Matthew 19:25-26

So What To Do, What To Do

Pray

Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
Luke 10:2

Pray Without Ceasing

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Matthew 7:11

Pray For The Holy Spirit

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

John 16:7-11

And Sow In Tears

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
Psalms 126:5-6

:noidea:

Thank You poorinspirit

God Is Indeed Sovereign.

And It Is His Pleasure To Use Us In His Work Upon Earth.

:emot-hug:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>

As For Kids...

Brother David Gives Us A Peek....

But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.
2 Samuel 12:23

And The Very Nature Of My God Gives Me Assurance Of His Love For The Children

But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mark 10:14

Edit

Hi JamieLea,

Ask Jesus for wisdom in reading the first post.

What I am sharing is... if someone came to you and tried to say that God is unloving because some child in Africa that never heard the Gospel and dies, would be sent to hell. You can tell that person that God is God, and He knows those that seek Him.. even those from the womb.

Some believers may think that God would not send an "innocent" to hell. This is what God says of those that come forth from the womb.

Psalm 58: 3 The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

One cannot know the thoughts of a baby or a young tot before they die, so no one can know except God. But if they were the "kind" that seek God, He would make sure they hear the Gospel whethor directly or indirectly because He knows all those that come forth from the womb for He is God.

Fortunately, nothing is written of those that die in the womb. I leave that to God in judging since there are no scriptures on that basis, but for those that are born and living...

Romans 1:18-23

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man

Well to the OP:

A year ago, I met a 32 year old man that never heard the Gospel of Christ and was NOT seeking after it. He prayed to his dead father and cursed God's name and didn't want to hear about Him. He was also into a very immoral life of being a crack addict, lust, lies and deceit.

In March of 2007, I got down on my knees and prayed for this man, prayed for his Salvation. Two weeks later, an old college buddy of his called him up on the phone. This college buddy of his lived the same life as this man I prayed for. He even drew pentagrams on their dorm floors and held seances. Well, you know what? He was a born again Christian since 5 years ago. Mind you, they talk to each other once a week and his buddy lives in FL and this man lives in CA and never once did the topic of God come up in their converations prior. Well, you know what, his buddy witnessed to him and 3 days later, he accepted Jesus into his heart and repented of his sins.

Do you know what else? This man is now the man I'm going to marry.

How dare you teach your false doctrines.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will convict you so that you may serve God.

Hi JamiLea,

I do believe you did not understood the OP at all.

But as it is, the Lord knew all those that seek Him and what time in their lives they would seek Him. So He made sure your beloved heard the Gospel at the time he would seek Him. That is the sovereignty of God.

Just like there are christians now in Asia whereas before.. at the initial time, they were none seeking Him in Acts 16 which was why the Holy Spirit led Paul to Macedonia because of a dream he had that there was someone seeking the Good News at that time.

Anyway, I shall not apologize for the OP at all.