• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I guess i was trying to be somewhat diplomatic in a nice way. You are correct that we should not be fighting and I hope you have seen some of my posts that have tried to put an end to it, some pleasant and some just plain Stop!!

Unfortunately we cannot control another. And I do not want to make you feel like you were not correct in your posts at all.

I know you have enough stresses and thingd going on in your life and if you come to seek refuge and not get it...it is disappointing, frustrating.

When you come to eat meat and some of us are still eating pablum. Or a new christian caomes for baby food and gets not even his requirement it is a sad state of affairs.

Hon, whichever you choose.. you will not be forgotten by me. you will stay in my prayers.

The mods are pretty quick but there has been more than usual, the holidays maybe... full moon.. I know they are watching carefully... :thumbsup: patricia1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I would like to ask something.

What is to be done about this? How do we see this resolved? I think there is an individual responsibility, as well as a corporate one. Often times we dont see the Body functioning as it should. If there is ought against another we dont approch the situation as our Lord requires. Have there been times when you have pm'ed fellow members only to be ignored. How other times getting reconciliation. We must approach each other as we are approaching our Lord Himself. We all (who have believed) have Him abiding in us. We must be so very mindful of this. We are touching the testimony of our Lord when we bicker, and allow schism in His body.

Onelight this is also a concern of mine. Thank you brother for bringing this up. I pray that God gives us the revelation of how he actually views the Church. I pray that when we recieve this revelation that we will then fight tooth and nail to remian in the reality of it.

What is to be done about this? How do we see this resolved?

It begins in our own hearts and spreads out from there. We, each of us, when we speak to others, must examine our hearts before we allow our tongues/ fingers to relay the message. It is an individual responsibility.

If the mods stepped in every time we acted from our flesh, then there would be discord toward the mods, thinking that they are power hungry. They can not be held responsible for what others do. They do a good job putting out fires, but they are only a few and miss flareups now and then. I have reported threads and particular posts that I felt were not worthy of this board and they had to choose what to do. Sometimes they agreed, but other times they did not. In the end, it is up to us, as individuals in Christ, but being of the same Body.

If we look with the Spirit, we can see the revelation of the Church. All we need to do is open our spiritual eyes. Remember, the Spirit will guide us in ALL truth.

Your Brother In Christ,

Onelight

Guest Biblicist

I think the problem here is that people read things into what someone says because of their relationship with the other person previous to the conversation.

All of our conversations should be focused on bringing glory to God, even if we disagree. The ultimate goal should always be bringing glory to God. He is the most important thing.

Proverbs 3:7

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.

Proverbs 26:5

Answer a fool according to his folly; or he will be wise in his own eyes.

Proverbs 26:12

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Proverbs 26:16

The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who answer discreetly.

Isaiah 5:21

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and clever in their own sight.

A right relationship with the LORD ensures proper human relationships.

Philippians 2:3

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Matthew 5:43-44

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Matthew 6:33

But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all of these things will be added unto you.

Do not confuse proper rebuke with anger and hate. Real love is not ashamed of the Gospel, nor is it afraid of using Scripture to teach, admonish, and train.

Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

2 Timothy 3: 16-17

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Jesus knows every single word that comes out of our mouths, reads and sees all things. We will be giving an account for everything said.

Sometimes I do not think people read the rules, laws bfore entering.

If we are not functioming properly we need to leave , pray and return another time.

How more simple can it be.

Maybe if there is a debate happening within the modt we can mark it so... But then again it may be a advertisement and we don't want that either. We need to forgive and settle it. Come under the submission of the authorties here if we cannot be " Grown ups" about it.

I do not mean to be mean and most here are doing well,...

then on a lighter side

• no caffiene 3.5hrs prior to logging on
  • no sugar during the post and one hour previously
  • make sure you eat well, protein, meat, carbs tend to turn into sugar
  • pray for direction prior to posting
  • no chocolate either or regular tea...... ya think it will help? :thumbsup: and please take your meds on time... :grin:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Jesus knows every single word that comes out of our mouths, reads and sees all things. We will be giving an account for everything said.

If we are not functioming properly we need to leave , pray and return another time.

Maybe if there is a debate happening within the modt we can mark it so... But then again it may be a advertisement and we don't want that either. We need to forgive and settle it. Come under the submission of the authorties here if we cannot be " Grown ups" about it.

then on a lighter side

• no chocolate either or regular tea...... ya think it will help? :24: and please take your meds on time... :P

Heeeeeyyy Patricia, if we followed all those rules, no one would posting. what no choccy and no caffiene and I don't come alive until I've had two cups of tea with my brekky...........crickey.

Guest Biblicist

Jesus knows every single thought and word before we even have it. :24:

Will we give an account for everything said? Does it say that somewhere in the Bible? I've never read that but I'm not as learned as some here... :P

• Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

I'd like to add that we are are still human beings. And if you recall Jesus, when he was in human form, got pretty "heated" when he cleared out the temple with a whip, and when he had to deal with the Pharisees - calling them a "brood of vipers, hypocrites, whitewashed tombs" and even "sons of the devil!" There are times when we should get angry. The Bible says:

"Be angry but do not sin." (Ephesians 4:26)

I have seen people here get angry in one thread, and go right over to another where someone needs help and post a heartrending prayer for them.

If we were all kissy-kissy all the time, how boring would THAT be? There are even studies that show it's HEALTHY in a marriage to fight sometimes. Let's not get too carried away with some passionate discussions.....they can be good for the soul.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I appreciate this post subject...thank you for bringing it up...

I was reading a post a couple of days ago and the anger just jumped out of it..

It dawned on my that we use anger to intimidate the other person into backing down ...

It's embarrasing... :emot-highfive:

My suggestion would be when you see anger rising up in your heart..

scoot your chair back away from the computer...

pray for God's peace and wisdom...

Do not post until you have it......

It is not as easy as it sounds but it is doable...

Lord Bless every heart who comes here and every "mouth" that speaks....

This is a blessed place and I appreciate all the willingness to be sensitive to others. :P

Don't sacrifice truth for fear of offending ...just don't be angry and sin...

We are allowed to be angry just not to sin when we get angry.... :24:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

then on a lighter side

• no chocolate either or regular tea...... ya think it will help? :24: and please take your meds on time... :blink:

NOT CHOCOLATE??? :emot-highfive: I'm outta here.

Whoops.....oh yeah. I'm on a diet and not eating chocolate anyway. Maybe that's why I'm a little short-fused :P

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I'd like to add that we are are still human beings. And if you recall Jesus, when he was in human form, got pretty "heated" when he cleared out the temple with a whip, and when he had to deal with the Pharisees - calling them a "brood of vipers, hypocrites, whitewashed tombs" and even "sons of the devil!" There are times when we should get angry. The Bible says:

"Be angry but do not sin." (Ephesians 4:26)

I have seen people here get angry in one thread, and go right over to another where someone needs help and post a heartrending prayer for them.

If we were all kissy-kissy all the time, how boring would THAT be? There are even studies that show it's HEALTHY in a marriage to fight sometimes. Let's not get too carried away with some passionate discussions.....they can be good for the soul.

There is a BIG difference between being angry for the sake of rebuke or reproof then demeaning another person for the sake of being right.

OneLight