• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I honestly think that of some of the worse offenders don't even see themselves in this thread! They are right, and there is no room in their hearts for anybody else to have an opinion. And if you try to "agree to disagree" they throw the you don't love God, or follow scripture in your face, like somehow they are God and they know your heart or can shame or brow beat you into agreeing with them. Like I said, I have just put certain people on ignore, some of them were once my friends here, I no longer read their post, and if they try to send me a pm they will find they no longer can. I've done this before and after awhile I usually take them off eventually, when my heart is settled. My "real" life has enough heartache and drama in it without having to deal with it here, but I'm not giving up Worthy because there are so many other threads that I see Jesus in.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Jesus knows every single word that comes out of our mouths, reads and sees all things. We will be giving an account for everything said.

Jesus knows every single thought and word before we even have it. :24:

Will we give an account for everything said? Does it say that somewhere in the Bible? I've never read that but I'm not as learned as some here... :P

Matthew 12:33-37

A Tree Known by Its Fruit

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I'd like to add that we are are still human beings. And if you recall Jesus, when he was in human form, got pretty "heated" when he cleared out the temple with a whip, and when he had to deal with the Pharisees - calling them a "brood of vipers, hypocrites, whitewashed tombs" and even "sons of the devil!" There are times when we should get angry. The Bible says:

"Be angry but do not sin." (Ephesians 4:26)

I have seen people here get angry in one thread, and go right over to another where someone needs help and post a heartrending prayer for them.

If we were all kissy-kissy all the time, how boring would THAT be? There are even studies that show it's HEALTHY in a marriage to fight sometimes. Let's not get too carried away with some passionate discussions.....they can be good for the soul.

There is a BIG difference between being angry for the sake of rebuke or reproof then demeaning another person for the sake of being right.

OneLight

Amen to that :24:

Honestly - it can taint your witness to press your point heatedly. Sometimes we forget the whole picture because we become so focused on our driving point. I do believe, however, that the Lord drew (and draws) the people here for a reason. And I believe that we learn as we make mistakes or misspeak, and if we allow it, these things can put us on our knees to seek His guidance. In other words, if we allow it, these things can reveal areas in our lives that need to be turned over to Him. I say this from experience.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I've not been here very long and I have noticed a sharp change in the threads. I was attracted here because people discussed issues, sometime a little heated, but there was very little name calling and down right anger as I see in new threads lately. Why is this? Have we forgotten to treat each other as we want to be treated? Have we forgotten to love one another?

I miss having an honest discussion where different beliefs are displayed without all the meanness.

Your Brother In Christ,

OneLight

You go Onelight. I put up with the name calling in the hopes that those who name call will see their sin.

Unfortunitly we all do it from time to time.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have only read a couple posts here, but have been pondering lately on a related issue. I have heard that "communication" is 80-90% body language, and yet body language is absent in the electronic world... So I wonder with text communication, if tone and body language being absent has part to blame or shoulder in this?

For example, I have seen a deceptive "tone" being implied where it was not intended. Things also can snowball and confuse & heat things up.

So I guess I'm just saying we may need to be careful and gentle stating things; and careful and gentle interpreting... because we're missing a large part of the "communication"... (bodylanguage)... picture.

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/23/1952

From my recent experiences, I have one thing to add to this anger issue:

Joh 13:35 "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

and

Joh 15:8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

Be mindful of the hurting and the unbelievers who are watching the anger. What kind of witness is it?

From personal experience, it's not a good one.

If it doesn't bring grace to the hearer, then don't post it. It' s better to leave something unsaid then to cause discord and hurt. :24::24:

:taped::24::24:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I have only read a couple posts here, but have been pondering lately on a related issue. I have heard that "communication" is 80-90% body language, and yet body language is absent in the electronic world... So I wonder with text communication, if tone and body language being absent has part to blame or shoulder in this?

For example, I have seen a deceptive "tone" being implied where it was not intended. Things also can snowball and confuse & heat things up.

So I guess I'm just saying we may need to be careful and gentle stating things; and careful and gentle interpreting... because we're missing a large part of the "communication"... (bodylanguage)... picture.

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Yes, I agree. In a communication class I took in college, we spent a good amount of time "putting ourselves in the readers seat" in order to see if what we were putting to print is really what we wanted to get across. Many more times then not, we all had to reword our statements in order to portray the meaning that was intended. The trouble here is that we act way too fast because of our flesh.

OneLight

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I apologize for my part in that. I tend to be a fairly passionate person so at times my writing is aggressive even if I don't intend it to be. I feel bad when I cross the line into the personal stuff ...I try to apologize right away.

Axx I love ya man, and you know it.............but that wasn't an apology.

Scarletprayers...can you please tell me how I should apologize. Can't I just say "I apologize" and move on? Do I have to grovel and beg? I'm an adult man...when I screw up I 'try' to admit it right away and move on. I accept others mess-ups the same way. I didn't realize that apologies had rules here on WB.

I'm not being flippant here. I am really tore up about the 'war of words' that prompted this thread. So since you seem to think I don't apologize right...educate me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

I know there have been some topics lately that are 'hot buttons' to me, and I have thought of posting, but decided to give myself a day to think about exactly what I wanted to say - and then wound up not posting at all.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I apologize for my part in that. I tend to be a fairly passionate person so at times my writing is aggressive even if I don't intend it to be. I feel bad when I cross the line into the personal stuff ...I try to apologize right away.

Axx I love ya man, and you know it.............but that wasn't an apology.

Scarletprayers...can you please tell me how I should apologize. Can't I just say "I apologize" and move on? Do I have to grovel and beg? I'm an adult man...when I screw up I 'try' to admit it right away and move on. I accept others mess-ups the same way. I didn't realize that apologies had rules here on WB.

I'm not being flippant here. I am really tore up about the 'war of words' that prompted this thread. So since you seem to think I don't apologize right...educate me.

I know your not being flippant, and I know you meant the apology, but you didn't just say I apologize and move it, you apologized and then added "but". It may just be me, and if it is well thats a problem I have to learn to deal with, and I will apologize. And apology should be just that, with no "but" added, it comes across more as a Well I'll apologize, but, I'm still right because of .........................

Not trying to put all the blame on you Axx, really I'm not, or to point you out as the only one that does this, cause your not, I am guilty of the same thing. Down south, its called a "left handed apology or compliment" you give it, but the "but" kinda takes it away the feeling of sincerity. And if you don't agree, like I said, then its my problem, not trying to "educate" you.