tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

I believe one verse as much as I believe the whole Bible. How it is interpreted is something different all together.

OneLight

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

To Pilgram7

i know its the op who sets the topic not others who relpy

but what i see hear sevral have asked this question to the op of this topic she should have explained her self as this can also been seen as a trap as one will see this their way to how they understand what is being asked and some one else will see it to their own understanding

yet what i am saying is very simple if the op of this topic is going to ask people on a public christian forum to state do they really belive why is it that when ever some one apply seems to get pulled up its like one version is only acceptable

i am a man and i do not belive in tip toeing around issues and as i said this topic should be what doctrines do we follow is it gods living word or is it mans doctrine

then this topic can be talked at the core leval

sorry if you cant hear what i am saying but i will not have a women pulling me up when i do apply to her topic its as simple as that

i can say i belive but then i iwil be setting my self up for a trap

how many of us hear can say Jesus is lord over our lives how many of us can say openly with out shame that he is who he says he is

this topic has already gone of its course and i do not like it when one person sits on the high chair and brings in OSAS

as to me it sounds like religon wanting to keep its grip on those that want nothing to do with religon

if i am to apply to a topic i hope i can have my say with out being pulled up and having to prove my self that i belive in what the op of this topic is asking

yet to make you happy to show you that i have no shame i belive jesus is lord over my life and i belive with all my heart what is written in the bible is true

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

damo1

To Pilgram7

i know its the op who sets the topic not others who relpy

but what i see hear sevral have asked this question to the op of this topic she should have explained her self as this can also been seen as a trap as one will see this their way to how they understand what is being asked and some one else will see it to their own understanding

yet what i am saying is very simple if the op of this topic is going to ask people on a public christian forum to state do they really belive why is it that when ever some one apply seems to get pulled up its like one version is only acceptable

i am a man and i do not belive in tip toeing around issues and as i said this topic should be what doctrines do we follow is it gods living word or is it mans doctrine

then this topic can be talked at the core leval

sorry if you cant hear what i am saying but i will not have a women pulling me up when i do apply to her topic its as simple as that

i can say i belive but then i iwil be setting my self up for a trap

how many of us hear can say Jesus is lord over our lives how many of us can say openly with out shame that he is who he says he is

this topic has already gone of its course and i do not like it when one person sits on the high chair and brings in OSAS

as to me it sounds like religon wanting to keep its grip on those that want nothing to do with religon

if i am to apply to a topic i hope i can have my say with out being pulled up and having to prove my self that i belive in what the op of this topic is asking

yet to make you happy to show you that i have no shame i belive jesus is lord over my life and i belive with all my heart what is written in the bible is true

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

Shalom Damo,

Well-said Bro. I appreciate your honesty and saying it like it is! :whistling:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I believe one verse as much as I believe the whole Bible. How it is interpreted is something different all together.

OneLight

exactly One Light. As I said earlier everything in the bible is true and says what it means and means what it says.

In tshs's OP she listed a bunch of people that will not inheirt the kingdom of heaven, so we will just one for instance....fornicators. Okay I have to believe that, because it is there in back and white and that's what Suzanne was asking,but as Ovedyah said later, the question could be used as a trap.

However you can't leave new believers looking at one another with doubt about each other unless you carry on with the rest of the passage, we have to move on where Paul said but and it is a very important but.V 11. and these were some of you;but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and in the spirit of our God.

First statement true and second statement by Paul also has to be true. But wait, there's more. Paul then goes on to say, the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord and will raise us up through His power. I could go on, but if people don't study all of a passage and just take a verse or passage willynilly and don't apply proper exegisis and some proper hermeneutics, you can make the bible say what you want it to sayThat's enough for now. I am a student not a teacher.

But the OP is just an open ended nothingness as far as I can see.

OneLight

exactly One Light. As I said earlier everything in the bible is true and says what it means and means what it says.

In tshs's OP she listed a bunch of people that will not inheirt the kingdom of heaven, so we will just one for instance....fornicators. Okay I have to believe that, because it is there in back and white and that's what Suzanne was asking,but as Ovedyah said later, the question could be used as a trap.

However you can't leave new believers looking at one another with doubt about each other unless you carry on with the rest of the passage, we have to move on where Paul said but and it is a very important but.V 11. and these were some of you;but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and in the spirit of our God.

First statement true and second statement by Paul also has to be true. But wait, there's more. Paul then goes on to say, the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord and will raise us up through His power. I could go on, but if people don't study all of a passage and just take a verse or passage willynilly and don't apply proper exegisis and some proper hermeneutics, you can make the bible say what you want it to sayThat's enough for now. I am a student not a teacher.

Shalom Eric,

Thank you, thank you! I believe we need to call a spade a spade. Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

ok i'm ready let's just get down to it here.

suzanne's side is true. vickilynn's side is true.

but when we stumble, we'd better be heartsick over grieving God or we might just better take a check on our salvation.

ok i'm ready let's just get down to it here.

suzanne's side is true. vickilynn's side is true.

but when we stumble, we'd better be heartsick over grieving God or we might just better take a check on our salvation.

Shalom Fraught,

:emot-highfive:

OneLight

I was not taking any sides on the debate and I agree with what you said about the scripture. It does go on and that is where we all find the truth, not in just one piece of scripture, unless is stands by itself like John 3:16. This was my feeble attempt to calm the storm that was brewing. When anyone, myself included, take scripture out of context and starts a discussion on it, without having the full meaning of scripture included, we are headed into an argument.

Gods Peace To All! Merry Christmas,

OenLight

• Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

How could the question be used as a trap??? It's a yes or no question? It wasn't a trick question. It was a question that had an answer.

In His Love,

Suzanne

How could the question be used as a trap??? It's a yes or no question? It wasn't a trick question. It was a question that had an answer.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Sometimes people see into questions, things that are not there. As I mentioned, I believe what the scriptures say. I also believe what is before and after what you quoted. I saw no harm in your question, but others may have. This was not a Bible study.

OneLight