• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Now I know that this may seem like you may have to sound vain or bragging in a sort. But I think it's very necessary to show what God's people are accomplished and have accomplished in their Walk for and with HIM! You know we've done it on a one-on-one basis a time or two and I think it's important for beginners to realize what they can do.

For me , it was a Catholic Priest who was going through some really hard times in HIS life and for what seemed like some menial of not grave sins at all ( without revealing the sins.) But this Priest who I came to know for approx. 15 years lived about 1500 miles from my wife and I and we met in a church he was working at on his vacation in the mountains one Sunday. Anyway , out of his total amazement I began contacting him and we became best friends by phone. To make a long story short, eventually he ended up giving up his profession as a Priest and working with the terminally Ill in a totally unrelated field, and is much happier because he felt he could no longer support his religion and grew tired and depressed with all the pain he witnessed in the world, since Priest must hear confession. For him, it was a heart-wrenching decision, but the right one and he was a better person for it.

Anyone else?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Now I know that this may seem like you may have to sound vain or bragging in a sort. But I think it's very necessary to show what God's people are accomplished and have accomplished in their Walk for and with HIM! You know we've done it on a one-on-one basis a time or two and I think it's important for beginners to realize what they can do.

For me , it was a Catholic Priest who was going through some really hard times in HIS life and for what seemed like some menial of not grave sins at all ( without revealing the sins.) But this Priest who I came to know for approx. 15 years lived about 1500 miles from my wife and I and we met in a church he was working at on his vacation in the mountains one Sunday. Anyway , out of his total amazement I began contacting him and we became best friends by phone. To make a long story short, eventually he ended up giving up his profession as a Priest and working with the terminally Ill in a totally unrelated field, and is much happier because he felt he could no longer support his religion and grew tired and depressed with all the pain he witnessed in the world, since Priest must hear confession. For him, it was a heart-wrenching decision, but the right one and he was a better person for it.

Anyone else?

That I can witness with complete confidence knowing that God is real and answers prayer and really does hear me when I pray for a door to open!

I can't wait to tell people about Jesus now! :whistling:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Anyone else?

That I can witness with complete confidence knowing that God is real and answers prayer and really does hear me when I pray for a door to open!

I can't wait to tell people about Jesus now! :emot-highfive:

Shalom Back,

Amen!! :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

I was in elementary school (8 years old) and I remember just asking myself if there really was a God, and if there is, "Where is He? Who is he?". Either that same day or a few days after, there was a girl on the playground named Demarus- we became best friends and one day she wasn't there. A few days later, she moved across the street from me and invited me to vacation bible school where I first heard that gospel preached. Sure, there was a man in a space suit, but that was just part of the program- came to find out later that he was the youth pastor at the time.

I went forward for salvation that day, doubted my salvation for a while, and went forward for salvation again. I was actually baptized about a year after going forward for salvation for the first time. I had doubted that I really understood that I was a sinner and I doubted if I really understood that Jesus died on the cross for me...

For the next few years or so, I dabbled with sin and that's probably why I doubted my salvation. I got into some trouble, but the Lord brought me through it and taught me what "grace" and "faith" really mean. He taught me that there is nothing in this world that matters becuase it will all pass away- that anything that can be seen is temporary. He taught me and assured me that if I have Christ, I can know for sure I can go to heaven because of what he did on the cross for me... becuase he left a PERFECT home in heaven where there is now sorrow or pain and came to be born in a stall and in a manger... that he lived a perfect life, and then died on the cross for our sins and rose again the third day(why we celebrate Easter).

He can save us from the pain and suffering of this world (though we are promised hard times, we always have God) and he can save us from the wrong paths, but most of all, we don't have to fear death... no matter what "bad things" you have done in your past, Christ will forgive them if you'd just call on him.

Yeah... that's what comes to mind right now :whistling: Actually, a small side note.. i haven't talked about my old youth pastor in a while and I wouldn't mention him while actaully wintessing to him most likely.. but to believers, no doubt. My old youth pastor has been such a blessing in my life through thick and thin.. with my parents, with school, with church.. he was there when I had questions about doctrine of which he always answered with bible, he was there at 2 in the morning (well, okay... 11pm :24: ) when I was struggling, but he said that even if it was 2am, just call him up :huh: He was there and told me I was carnal (very true, especially at the time), but he pointed me to women of the bible to use as role models... After Christ of course, he's my spiritual hero.. my role model... He's a missionary to Thailand right now with his wife and five kids and I'll never forget him for everything he's done over the past 8-9 years .... my "daddy" :24: I can promise you that if it weren't for my old youth pastor, if it wasn't for a man who I know always tried to put God first, a man who cared and loved, a man who had a servants heart and fire for God, a heart for the Lord.. a man of compassion... I would'nt be where i am today spiritually... I have him so much to thank *wipes tears* I know, not a story for witnessing really at this point, but a good "story" nonetheless :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

One of the coolest salvation stories I ever read was about a boy who preached himself into the kingdom. There was a group of children who were playing church, and this fellow went up front and started talking like he had heard preachers talk. After a while his words reached his heart. He turned around, prayed, and was saved.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

One that I remember was when I was seeking what God wanted me to do, so I fasted for a day. At the end of the day one of my friends that was not saved stayed with me after work and started asking me about my faith out of the blue. I answered his questions, and the next day he came up to me and asked for a bible to read. I bought him one, and he started reading. I don't know if he has accepted Christ yet but the thing that got me on this one is he came after me. He was lead to ask me questions that night and I had answers and both of us were lead by the Holy Spirit that night.

• Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

My father's testimony is here...LINK

Hey Bibs, loved your testimony of your father! One question though. You noted, "my dad was not saved though testimony , he was saved thruogh friendship. I thought that's what we were doing with our testimonies all the while? How can I develop a rapport with anyone to the point of revealing my testimony without first being in true friendship with the individual? Sorry in advance if I'm misunderstand your direction with this.

Blesings

cajun

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

damo1

well when i was living in canberra i got to know a group of guys from diffrent churches with in canberra and i was asked if i would like to be involved in wittnessing in a gay bar called heaven i said yes and its been one off my best growing points in my life as these guys were awsem to be around and were also doing street out reach work which i was doing

it was pretty funny to as i would see some stupid things with in this gay bar but what made me crack up is this one cathlic priest he ran out the door as soon as he saw us walk in to the gay bar not one person hasseld us as we just kicked back played pool had our soft drinks and just talked with any one that came up to us to find out what we were doing in a gay bar

oh no gays tried to crack on to us if any one is thinking

the church i was settled with was had a stron involvment with in the community and had a drive to reach out to the lost and also bring church to those who would not step foot into a church

we also had our own double decker bus that the pastor bought out of his own money and done it up as it needed a fair bit of machanicle work and repairs and the rust taken out before it could be used as an out reach tool

i was put in the spot ligth as part of the life of this church was disciple ship and bringing out the gifts in a person to were they are using the gifts god had given them to be effective in bringing the gospel to the lost

i remember in the group house i was involved in plus living their we were praying for one brother and the lord heald him and set him free from the grip alcahol had over him this has never left me

these are my experiances since i have been a christian

yet i love this town i am living in as i get to take the gospel to the troubled youth of this town to were i have had the chance to share openly and even pray i do this around 1am

and i am know back with the church i started my walk and i am loving it being in a live church were i am catching up with old friends and seeing the changes as well and meeting up with new faces but my old pastor is still the same and has the same passion and drive and i love this man and the very few people that made an impac in my life

i am looking forward to church in the mal as this is were you realy get to share your faith and it gets you way out of your comfort zone

god bless from your brother in the lord damien stipic

Guest Biblicist
My father's testimony is here...LINK

Hey Bibs, loved your testimony of your father! One question though. You noted, "my dad was not saved though testimony , he was saved thruogh friendship. I thought that's what we were doing with our testimonies all the while? How can I develop a rapport with anyone to the point of revealing my testimony without first being in true friendship with the individual? Sorry in advance if I'm misunderstand your direction with this.

Blesings

cajun

Hello, Brother Caj,

What I mean is that my Dad was not saved because the Pastor came to our house and preached the Gospel at him. It wasn't a "visitation", it was just a visit. Pastor built a rapport with Daddy first, he understood what it took to reach my father for Christ, and it was not just the Roman's road. His friendship was his testimony. Witnessing is a lifestyle. There are very few that are gifted with spreading the gospel in the Microwave-Evangelism style. John the Baptist was one. Peter used the style in Acts, Josh McDowell, R.C. Sproul, Ravi Zacarias, Lee Stroble or John Mcarthur.

My father and Pastor met 20 years ago, Daddy was saved and baptised when my son was born, five years later. That's called Crock-Pot evangelism, slow and steady, lifestyle evangelism. Most people feel comfortable and are equipped to handle this style of witnessing.