• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

We believe in ...

We believe in the ... . We believe that ... .

We believe in the ... .

We believe all ... .

We believe that ... .

We believe that ... .

We believe in the ... .

We believe that ... .

We believe in the ... .

We believe that the ... .

Honestly -- I could care less what "We believe". What I am deeply concerned and interested to know is what God thinks: His mind, not mine, not yours, not a man -- HIM! I don't need more opinions, thoughts and mental noise from the trash-heap of the human mind! What I need is the Mind of Christ dwelling in me, forming in me, working in me, His thoughts by His Spirit and then the emotions, words and actions flowing from Him formed in me working out in my life! You need the same. So do we all.

Try setting aside what "We believe" and start working towards prayerfully asking the Lord Jesus Christ, by His Spirit to form His Mind IN you, setting aside ALL of your thoughts and taking up His. This is my aim and my target, this is my focus and hunger. I am deeply, deeply, deeply sinful and wicked and in great need of His mind. I am not worthy, I am unworthy, I am a sinner to the core of my being and sold to sin, my mind enslaved to the lusts of the flesh and the sin in it. As Paul said, Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God ... Jesus Christ, His work, His death, His resurrection and Him alive, His Spirit in me and His Spirit forming His mind in me.

Yet, you feel very free to tell us what you believe? Is this hypocrisy?

James 3:16-18 (New King James Version)

For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

OneLight

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, HisMindinme, here is the original post you snipped to make it sound like Vickilynn was the author. You should be careful how you are wording things.

Statement of Faith

We believe in God, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

We believe in the triunity of God. We believe that God is eternally One, and also eternally the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit -- the three being distinct, but not separate. Each Person of the Godhead coexists from everlasting to everlasting.

We believe in the Messiah, Jesus, God's only begotten son, God come in the flesh. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day, He rose and ascended into heaven. Now He is seated at the right hand of the Father and He will return to judge both the living and the dead and reign for evermore.

We believe all mankind are sinful and are therefore subject to God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

pride~

quarrelsome spirit~

• The beginning of strife is like releasing water;
  • therefore stop contention before a quarrel starts!
  • But avoid foolish disputes, geneologies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped, sinning and self condemned.

proverbs 13:10 Titus 3:9

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Hey Everyone :emot-pray:

Um well, this message has kind of been a concern of mine for a while, but it's not what the title is saying, but rather, dealing with that.

I fully support and I am completely thankful of the many who have asked this question on the boards "Why can't we all just get along?" and I feel that we shoudl be able to to some extent, being Christians, etc.

However, what if that question had a question for an answer, instead of it being the rhetorical question with the expected response? Why can't we all just get along? Well, why can't we all have the same doctrine or even the same bible?

This has really been bothering me for a while and I try not to say it to much considering the circumstances, but I'm truly longing for an answer to this... Why can't we get along? What if the answer is becuase so many of us have different beliefs, despite that "We are all Christians" and "We are all brothers and sisters in Christ"? The Paul, through the inspiration of the Holy Ghost, spoke to the church of Corinth about having divisions among them. No, obviously, this is not a church being that a church is local and not universal or "everyone who is saved". The word church means "A called assembly" of born-again baptized believers... While it IS a great place for fellowship, ask questions, have studies, look at aspects of God's Word and various verses, sometimes advice and sometimes prayer, and of course, have fun (throw food :emot-heartbeat: ), could it be that we don't always get along becuase we have such a vast different in doctrine??

Seriously, sometimes it DOES come down to think with salvation such as whether or not one is saved by baptism, despite that there is a TOS and a faith statement here that says that we are NOT saved by baptism as is biblical, but that is not the point that I'm getting at. Or is it? How many times have I been in the chat room and someone said they know they are saved becuase they were baptized and everyone says "Amen!"? Yes, it seems that most of us hold to that one isn't saved by being good, etc, but somethign even as important as baptism?

There are many things that don't deal with salvation... speaking in tongues, healings, dreams.... These are MAJOR things in the bible and can we really just keep sugar coating it saying "Agree to disagree" or "You believe this, I believe this.. let's just overlook it at get along". Is that really how it should work?

If someone says "I had this dream, please help me to know what to do" how can I say to that person, even with as much love, that that isn't biblical without offending someone else? Offending the person I'm trying to help, that's one thing, but offending everyone else around me... what good is that?

Why is it that we can't even agree on what the Word of God is?? We have to talk about the RSV, the NKJV, the NIV, PURPOSEFULLY put down those who hold to that the KJV is pure word of God... we talk about the NASB, and the TNIV, etc... Don't forget the discussions going back about church fathers, and things about Westcott and Hort, and Sinaiticus and Vaticanus... we'll talk about the 1611 version and God's ability (or lack thereof) to preserve his Word, or even that "They are all God's Word" or my favorite, "Someoen can still get saved from them". As "brothers and sisters in Christ" why can't we even agree on one single bible?

I'm not saying I doubt everyone's salvation, certainly not I don't know everyone's heart and I trust that many on here ARE saved... I cherish the fellowship that so many of us have had... sure, I've only been here about four years (no where near as long as others), but this seems to keep coming up... "Why can't we all just get along".

My quesiton is "Why can't we all agree on God's Word"? That means doctrines, that means even something as simple as to what is the Word of God... if the NASB and the NIV are different, one says one thing and one says something else (even another way), and if one is the Word of God, does it not make sense that the other can not be? If one is perfect and hte other one has errors, then "the other one" must be the work of the devil, right?

We say "Let's come together as brothers and sisters in Christ" and "let's all get along" and "let's agree to disagree". There is nothing wrong with getting along, there is nothing around with fellowship, but how much sweeter a fellowship is when there is agreement on something as SIMPLE as God's Word... something as SIMPLE as salvation....

Why can't we all agree, instead of always agreeing to disagree?

In agreement KL, But I'm going to go out on a limb here and make an asusmption; something I don't normally do. One of the reasons if a person's lack of committment to learning and gaining wisdom in God's Word. Another reason is perhaps that they have much work to do still in their own lives in gaining grace and peace with God and their not serious enough to willing to make the total committment. Hope I'm not offending anyone, but sometimes you just have to step out in a leap of faith and speak the truth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

I apologize for the "misquote" -- my bad.

I do not apologize for the comment. It is not what I believe that is important. It is what is TRUE that is important. You've all done the Ad Hominem attack. You've attacked the messenger and ignored the message. Let's see ... is there the human mind at work in this?

Disunity is OF the human mind (mine and yours). Unity is of the Spirit working in us -- placing the Mind of Christ in us. Since this is true it means only one thing: One or ALL of us does NOT have the Mind of Christ in us on this matter. So, the next question is: Who is it without the Mind of Christ on the matter?

Please focus on what I said and not on what you "think" my motives are (i.e. Pride was mentioned and so on).

I am praying for the Unity of the Spirit of God and Christ in us (His Mind in US) -- together -- all of us! I am not here to respond with accusations and judgements against you. If you are without the Spirit and Mind of Christ in you, you are already judged and there is nothing I can add to that. I am not here to also do an Ad Hominem attack against you; ignoring your message and inventing "my personal perceptions of your emotions and motives". I want for you the Mind of Christ in you and also in me. I am aware that I am not flawless and that the change in me is the same as in you: a process happening over time.

My challenge to you all is simple: focus on what I said and the content of it, the substance of it. Is what I said untrue? If so, where and what about it is untrue?

Again -- my prayer and hope is that we all have Christ formed up in us together and come to the unity of the Spirit of God in Christ in us (His mind in US).

Finally -- I love you all in Christ and the depths of Him in us. I am not here to attack you, ridicule you or otherwise feed my own lusts on the emotions of such things. I hope for and desire the goodness of God for you all.

Edited by HisMindinme

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

Tehilah, how much can you talk to you friend about Christ?

Moshe delights in inviting my Christian tour groups to ask him any question they always wanted to as an Orthodox Jew. I think Isaiah 53 tops the list of questions. Moshe is quite open and willing to talk. I tell him that he is not capable of rejecting Jesus since he's never seen the real Jesus. I have explained to him that the understanding of Jesus that he carries around is nothing like my friend. He can't see it, so far.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/05/1989

How about this, it's just my idea mind, I think God uses the differences to break up the church into smaller family units, some Baptists just don't feel comfortable with pentecostals etc, so they find a little family where they feel at home-but they should still love each other.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I read this earlier and had been thinking about it and a Scripture just crossed my mind I thought important enough to share..

I was having a problem getting along with some folks a few years ago and was really upset with myself and someone shared this with me..

Rom 12:18 If it is possible, as far as is in you, being in peace with all men.

We are to be at peace with the ability that is in us..

and we are not at that perfect place where we shall be ...

1Jn 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God. Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be. But we know that when He shall be revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

1Jn 3:3 And everyone who has this hope on him purifies himself, even as that One is pure.

Rom 12:18 If it is possible, as far as is in you, being in peace with all men.

We are to be at peace with the ability that is in us..

and we are not at that perfect place where we shall be ...

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot about this passage. It's true. We can not change anyone, so we do what ever we can to bring peace into a situation. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail.

OneLight

• Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I try to get along with everyone, but it always seems like there's one or two people here that love to attack simply because of my belief system. I just generally try to get along with everyone. I think there's a scripture that says "love thy neighbor as you love yourself" or something like that. If we can't get along with each other, IMHO there's no place for us in God's Heaven.

I love everyone here at Worthy, even those who do disagree with me. That's their right. They do not have to believe the same way I do, as long as the basic tenents of the faith are there.

Anita