WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

KathyAnn...I did a little search to jog my memory on why I do not like him..

all I remember was seeing him in a first debate at some time and I thought "good grief I hope this doesn't gain ground."

I believe it had something to do with the war on terror..

I just cannot remember what it was he said that was so "off the wall" to me..

Maybe I will get lucky and he will say it again and if he does I will come back and post it ..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i'm jumping in after all.... i'm not sure of the facts regarding this, but i'm googling it and have come up with a couple of articles refuting the claims that ron paul was not invited. according to what i'm reading on some blogger sites (and like i said, i am not sure how accurate they are, but they have source links that i haven't yet followed), ALL candidates were invited, but at time of the deadline for the rsvp, ron paul had not responded, most likely due to a conflict in his scheduling because he had another event scheduled the day prior.

i'm somewhat inclined to believe this is actually closer to the truth.

what was i saying about media controlled government? let me expand that to media controlled public opinion.

tah, you're referring to his comments that implied america's foriegn policy is what got so many killed on 9/11, and which rudy giulliani jumped all over.

Yup! that sounds like it! Thanks LadyC...

still googling. finding lots of conflicting stuff of course. anyway, best i can tell is that the "debate" is not a debate at all, it is a forum... and ron paul did not respond to the invitation in time. fox did schedule a debate on the tenth that ron paul is invited to.

my personal opinion, possibly jaded by my own dislike for the candidate, is that he has intentionally made a mountain out of a mole hill to stir up media attention for himself. i guess the hookers aren't generating enough money on their backs in the campaign hq bedroom at the bunny rranch.

Ouch!!

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

lol

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If you are looking for change, Ron Paul would surely do it for you. He wants all military back on US soil ... no bases anywhere. No IRS ... He would like to put us back to the colonial days ...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

I like Ron Paul better than I like any of the Democratic candidates. What I don't like is that he is running as a republican rather than Independent. Such tactics do not bode well for one who desires to lead this nation.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Why waste time on someone who doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hades of winning? :noidea:

Paul finished 4th in Iowa. There are 5 people in the debate tonight. That means Paul did better than 2 of them.

Paul would have a good chance if we did not have a controlled press and we did have a legitimate system of voting.

Oh, come on now, Katyann! The government doesn't control the press and we do have legitimate voting processes that are audited by other countries (seriously, check it out.) The press, including Fox, is controlled by the battle for ratings and sponsors. In other words...money. Also, Mr. Paul is too far off the platform for most Republicans and is really not electable. But I do think it was wrong to leave him out and it makes Fox look bad. :)

Remember these same sponsors are the same corporations who lobby our congress, make large political donations etc. thereby influencing or controlling our government officials to a degree that is frightening.

So, I stand by what I said. Of course you are entitled to your opionion. :emot-handshake:

I don't buy that. I tend to agree that all the candidates should be included in any debate, but really, Paul doesn't stand a snow ball's chance. I say that as one who actually likes most of what Paul has said, excluding his dopey foreign policy ideas.

But this does raise an interesting point of discussion. Are these "debates" even worthwhile anymore? I personally think they are a waste of time since virtually nothing substantive ever comes out of them. Times change and I think that the way we do politics (I am referring to campaigns) needs to change, as well.

I agree about the debates. One thing that I find funny is that when Bush ran on nonintervention and no nation building everyone cheered, but when Ron Paul says the same thing it is "dopey foreign policy ideas."

Faux News is doing it's job well.

Yeah, well, I am the last one you should ask about nation building. Absolutely a bad idea. However, there is a fine line between what is perceived as nation building and buying some peace and quiet from one part of the world by investing in it. Having said that, I maintain that given events of the last few years, Ron Paul's statements about the war are, well, just plain dopey. I refer you to what my friend Butero wrote, which I agree with 100%. In a perfect world, Ron Paul would be the candidate of my choice. But, we're not in a perfect world.