WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,480
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

When Fox News hosts its Republican candidates forum Sunday night, one of the leading candidates won't be invited.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/newsmax-com...-06-62102-html/

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

When Fox News hosts its Republican candidates forum Sunday night, one of the leading candidates won't be invited.

He provides some entertainment value but he's not viable. Do you think that's why he was excluded? Kinda strange.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Ron Paul should have been included; viable or not, by excluding him, Fox comes across as biased. :emot-questioned:

He provides some entertainment value but he's not viable. Do you think that's why he was excluded? Kinda strange.

He's being excluded in order to try to silence him. With his grassroots appeal and fundraising abilities he is viable. In Iowa he beat Guliani and McCain.

I wondered about that myself. If that's the case, then Fox is no better than CNN. :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

Why waste time on someone who doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hades of winning? :emot-questioned:

Why waste time on someone who doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hades of winning? :emot-hug:

Paul finished 4th in Iowa. There are 5 people in the debate tonight. That means Paul did better than 2 of them.

Paul would have a good chance if we did not have a controlled press and we did have a legitimate system of voting.

Oh, come on now, Katyann! The government doesn't control the press and we do have legitimate voting processes that are audited by other countries (seriously, check it out.) The press, including Fox, is controlled by the battle for ratings and sponsors. In other words...money. Also, Mr. Paul is too far off the platform for most Republicans and is really not electable. But I do think it was wrong to leave him out and it makes Fox look bad. :emot-hug:

Paul beat out both Guiliane and Huckabee (not McCain) in Iowa. If they are allowed to debate he should be too.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries...s/state/#val=IA

No, Katyann, Huckabee won in Iowa. It must have been Guiliani and Thompson. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Why waste time on someone who doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hades of winning? :emot-crying:

Paul finished 4th in Iowa. There are 5 people in the debate tonight. That means Paul did better than 2 of them.

Paul would have a good chance if we did not have a controlled press and we did have a legitimate system of voting.

Oh, come on now, Katyann! The government doesn't control the press and we do have legitimate voting processes that are audited by other countries (seriously, check it out.) The press, including Fox, is controlled by the battle for ratings and sponsors. In other words...money. Also, Mr. Paul is too far off the platform for most Republicans and is really not electable. But I do think it was wrong to leave him out and it makes Fox look bad. :emot-fail:

Remember these same sponsors are the same corporations who lobby our congress, make large political donations etc. thereby influencing or controlling our government officials to a degree that is frightening.

So, I stand by what I said. Of course you are entitled to your opionion. :emot-cheering:

I don't buy that. I tend to agree that all the candidates should be included in any debate, but really, Paul doesn't stand a snow ball's chance. I say that as one who actually likes most of what Paul has said, excluding his dopey foreign policy ideas.

But this does raise an interesting point of discussion. Are these "debates" even worthwhile anymore? I personally think they are a waste of time since virtually nothing substantive ever comes out of them. Times change and I think that the way we do politics (I am referring to campaigns) needs to change, as well.

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

snowball is just what I was thinking about paul...

I would not go so far as to say the debates are useless..

I watched the one last night and thought it was a lot better than the previous ones..

As for him being left out?

I don't care one way or the other except that perhaps if he had been there folks would see just how off he really is and forget about him completely...

Which would settle the issue on its own...

i think i'll stay out of this one... but katyann, i just can't resist responding to your government controlled media comment. i often think it's just the opposite... media controlled government!