• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

Hello all, as some of you may know my sister is a pagan, and also being vaguely competent has been co-opted into organising the Pagan Federation conference for this area, a number of years on the trot. Since I got all religious, she suggested I should attend, if for no other reason than they have historians who talk at the conference and this is an interest of mine. I get in cheap while I'm unemployed, and she assures me I won't even get lynched for being Christian. As long as I don't try to build any bonfires and cook any of them, anyway.

So, my brothers and sisters, my questions are these: what steps should I take to protect myself when surrounded by so many pagans? Obviously I'm not going to be taken in by their superstitions, but I rather suspect there will be dangers there I'll never even see. I'd appreciate any general comments the faithful can make, aside from the obvious "don't go, they're evil!"

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

not a good idea,

The Bible tells us we are not to play with fire, for everyone knows, that if you play with fire, you will get burned....

in other words, it is written, thou shall not tempt the Lord your God....

what that means, is even though God will protect you, why, needlessly place your self in a position of needing protection?

there is no need for you to go to it, the Word of God has all you need, and if you like history, the Bible is packed with it, and there is plenty of secular history that is not pagan in nature...

we are also told that we are not to "Mix Religions" that means, we are not to combine other religions with God.

Obviously I'm not going to be taken in by their superstitions

ahhh, do not be so proud, for pride comes before the fall, deception is the best tool satan has..... why feed yourself with the garbage? that will not aide in your growth..... if you eat chips and cookies and candy, you will not grow strong, if you eat meat, tators, and veggies, you will... spiritual food is the same, you go there you will be fed garbage...... weeds will be planted in you with the seeds of the Word of God and even though you may feel it will not effect you, they will start to choke out the seeds of God as they grow....

she assures me I won't even get lynched for being Christian

and you trust the enemy????? you are already deceived...... Judas was one of the "TRUSTED" and he was with the Christ in person for about three and a half years.... How was it that Ceaser met with his demise? I believe his name was Brutis a trusted friend ... Jessie James trusted people and was shot in the back by his own brother whom he trusted and road with daily..... and you are trusting some one that is a known enemy with your soul?????

How long have you been unemployed????? you might wish to take this time and instead of going to a worthless conference go find a job....... you may wish to do some prayer and fasting to find out how God feels about the entire situation.....

I know a lady, that was in a situation at a church that she was blinded to everything around her, as far as the goings on in the spirit realm until she left for a couple weeks and the Lord opened her eyes to the entire thing.... since then she has been bothered by some (one) of the spirits that frequented it that is, until she went into a mode of prayer and fasting, and rebuked that spirit, it had even manifested itself into the physical world, her son was the first to see it, and it has pestered others....

a young friend of ours, who is Christian, her biological father is a high priest, and he was going to try and make her a priestest in a coven when she turned 16 ( there is only one way this is to happen) she was conceived very much like RoseMaries baby. her mother was doped and then basically kidnapped and raped..... the mother fled with the girl, and has been running ever since, for their lives are in hazardous waters.....

one day, ( the girl is not a priestess and is in her 20's now ) when she was a young teen, she was standing at the top of the stairs and she was physically picked up, and thrown down the stairs, then she was picked up again and thrown across the room...... her and her mother were the only two in the house her mother was the witness to this .... this was a sign that it was time to move again for them....

the spirit world is not a playground.... those that play there, can and do get burned.... if you are not a spiritual warrior, stay clear.....

for even those that were disciples of Chirst, could not cast out certain demons......

the best advise i can give you, IS DO NOT GO..... for satan would love for nothing more then to snag your soul

spend time in prayer and fasting, and looking for employment

mike

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

I know that you asked for answers other than the usual 'Don't go' type of thing...

But, in all honesty, I could only give you the advice that I, myself, would follow in such a situation:

Don't go.

They have nothing to teach you. And you would probably be seen as 'supporting it' by your very presence, if only in the eyes of your sister.

And would she attend a worship service with you, if you asked her?

Why would you want to go? For what reason?

She suggested it might be interesting, that's all. I'm a little bit disturbed by the branding of my sister as an "enemy," granted we don't always see eye to eye but I don't imagine she's sitting around sticking pins in an effigy of me...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

Dear David,

Could I suggest reading the "Christian Basics" thread?

It's a thread in this section, just a little further down on the menu.

:)

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

blessings david,

i have to agree with the others in saying do not go. there are many reasons as to why not some of which are listed in the above posts.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

She suggested it might be interesting, that's all. I'm a little bit disturbed by the branding of my sister as an "enemy," granted we don't always see eye to eye but I don't imagine she's sitting around sticking pins in an effigy of me...

Interesting?

How? Why?

As regards your sister being an 'enemy'........I, for one, certainly did not say so.

......but, the Bible does warn us that sometimes our greatest enemies can be in our own families.......food for thought.

You should not see your sister as an enemy, as such.............but you should see yourself as a friend, to her.

And the best way to do that, IMO....is to boycott anything connected to paganism. Only that way can you show her your true conviction. :)

She is probably looking for strength from you. How can you do that if you are willing to compromise? Or if you show tacit approval by attending one of her evil (yes, evil) pagan conventions.

I ask you.........would you REALLY be doing her a favour, in the long run?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.23
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

It sounds to me that by the very fact that you have a question about the whole thing and are seeking those in the Family's opinion. That you, yourself, may be questioning the very consideration you have undertaken.

I do not see anyone labeling your sister an enemy, however, there is a sincere concern for your welfare and so far the advice given has been to give this much thought, much prayer, and to fast as well so that you can clearly hear the voice of the Father over this matter. :emot-nod:

Peace,

Dave

Interesting?

How? Why?

As regards your sister being an 'enemy'........I, for one, certainly did not say so.

......but, the Bible does warn us that sometimes our greatest enemies can be in our own families.......food for thought.

You should not see your sister as an enemy, as such.............but you should see yourself as a friend, to her.

And the best way to do that, IMO....is to boycott anything connected to paganism. Only that way can you show her your true conviction. :emot-nod:

She is probably looking for strength from you. How can you do that if you are willing to compromise? Or if you show tacit approval by attending one of her evil (yes, evil) pagan conventions.

I ask you.........would you REALLY be doing her a favour, in the long run?

Interesting because of the various historical things going on. Someone pointed out the possibility of a pagan spin being put on things, which I have considered, and it is putting me off a bit. It's bad enough the various revisionists going around painting ancient peoples as whiter-than-white "noble savage" types and Christians as foaming, murderous lunatics.

I didn't say I was thinking about this as a favour to her, I was going to go to see if there was anything interesting there, meet a few new people, etc. I'm not commited to it or anything, I don't have to go, and I wondered what you all thought. Thanks for the responses...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Hello all, as some of you may know my sister is a pagan, and also being vaguely competent has been co-opted into organising the Pagan Federation conference for this area, a number of years on the trot. Since I got all religious, she suggested I should attend, if for no other reason than they have historians who talk at the conference and this is an interest of mine. I get in cheap while I'm unemployed, and she assures me I won't even get lynched for being Christian. As long as I don't try to build any bonfires and cook any of them, anyway.

So, my brothers and sisters, my questions are these: what steps should I take to protect myself when surrounded by so many pagans? Obviously I'm not going to be taken in by their superstitions, but I rather suspect there will be dangers there I'll never even see. I'd appreciate any general comments the faithful can make, aside from the obvious "don't go, they're evil!"

David, I am not the person to advise you to go/not go at this point but I seriously admire your desire to love your sister no matter what. :thumbsup::thumbsup::emot-nod: I laughed out loud when I read the line about "As long as I don't try to build any bonfires and cook any of them, anyway." That sounds like something I would have said.

If you go or not, just love your sis, it will show her more than any preaching - trust me I know.