IGNORED

Is there diffrent ways to pray

tigger398

Is writing or typing praying even if you don't talk :)
Yes I believe so. I don't think that you actually have to 'speak' to be praying.

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord" Ephesians 5:19

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,846
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1987

There are so many times I don't know what to say to God except, good morning, thank you, help yourself to coffee, and nite lord, I just don't have anything to say. Are there diffrent ways to pray like worship music or reading bible. Sometimes I blow kissys at God, I can pray as I type, but to actually pray I just don't know what to say. What are ways to communicate with God when you get tounge tie like me lol.

For me, the best way to pray to God is talk to him as you would your friend. I leave the "thee's" and "thou's" out of it, and I just blab. God is interested in your day to day life. A good example of this is when I'm out driving. I'll just be talking to God and say things like, "Wow Lord...the roads are pretty icy today. Keep an eye on me, will ya?" And, "God, look at how that guy is driving. Keep him, and us safe, please." Or, "Neat! I really like this song on the radio! I wonder what your favorite song is? Thanks for the gift of music! If I didn't have that, driving would be a total bore!"

You don't have to really think about what you are going to say....just yack! :)

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  196
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/09/1972

I usually try to find a time and place where I can be alone to pray (although I consider the time I simply spend with God, reading the bible or some other related stuff, a time of sort of prayer) and I also think I'm praying when I'm for example walking and talking to God in my head at the same time (some other people mentioned this too.)

Actually this is quite a timely topic for me as I was just thinking about starting to write/type my prayers or eventually keep a prayer journal, only I don't know what that really means as I have never done it. Do you just write down what you pray as you pray? Or is it something more like a devotional journal where you quote bible verses and put down your thoughts as well?

The funny thing is, whatever the 'conventional' way is for keeping a prayer journal, I'm having all sorts of ideas of my own as I'm writing this reply! Still I wouldn't mind hearing about how the other people keep theirs.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

There's also the Listening.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I was part of a prayer study group once and this is what I learned about conversing with God:

Romans 8:26-27 When you pray, the Holy Spirit helps you know what to say and how to say it

As a believer in Christ you have been given a special opportunity, Hebrews 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

God is the believer's refuge and we are told to pour our hearts out to him Psalm 62:8 says O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Different types of prayer are necessary to communicate the variety of thoughts you want to express.

1. Praise God for who He is - Hebrews 13:15

2. Thanksgiving for what He has done - Ephesians 5:20

3. Confession - Psalm 38:18

4. Prayer for others - 1 Samuel 12:23

5. Prayer for personal needs - James 1:5

Not only do Christians have the privilege of talking with God about everything, they also experience great benefits from their communion with God.

Ephesians 3:20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Jeremiah 33:3 Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.

Psalm 34:4 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.

Paul wrote in Philippians 4:6-7 about a powerful key to freedom from anxiety

Don

• Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Prayer is a personal communication with our Creator for the purpose of seeking Him for personal need or that of another as well as offering Him praise and thanks from a greatful heart. You say that you do not have anything to pray. To me that raises a red flag. I woould step back and take a look at what you call a relationnship with God. How did it come about and what is it like. Go here and see what it should be like. http://www.gerald285.com/view/?pageID=311408

That being said I would suggest that you study what some call the "Lord's prayer" or the "disciples prayer" in Matt. 6:9-15. That may give you some understanding as to what you should be seeking God for as well as how. The prayer is not intened to be prayed itself, but is an example as to what and how we are to aproach God.

There are so many times I don't know what to say to God except, good morning, thank you, help yourself to coffee, and nite lord, I just don't have anything to say. Are there diffrent ways to pray like worship music or reading bible. Sometimes I blow kissys at God, I can pray as I type, but to actually pray I just don't know what to say. What are ways to communicate with God when you get tounge tie like me lol.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which can't be uttered. And he that searchs the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because he makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Romans 8:26-27 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is not fruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the Spirit and I will pray with understanding also: I will sing with the Spirit and I will sing with understanding also. I Cor. 14:14-15.

Is there different ways to pray? Answer: Absolutely

Praying is unknown tongues is a great way to pray if you don't know what or whom to pray for.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Prayer is a personal communication with our Creator for the purpose of seeking Him for personal need or that of another as well as offering Him praise and thanks from a greatful heart. You say that you do not have anything to pray. To me that raises a red flag. I woould step back and take a look at what you call a relationnship with God. How did it come about and what is it like. Go here and see what it should be like. http://www.gerald285.com/view/?pageID=311408

That being said I would suggest that you study what some call the "Lord's prayer" or the "disciples prayer" in Matt. 6:9-15. That may give you some understanding as to what you should be seeking God for as well as how. The prayer is not intened to be prayed itself, but is an example as to what and how we are to aproach God.

Ok so i have to talk to pray reading bible listening in silence and music is not praying

The Lord knows your innermost secrets. He knows your needs and wants and He will provide for you, even without you asking.

Praying is simply talking to God in Jesus name.

If all you ever do is pray the Lord's prayer and nothing else, you can rest assured that He knows and understands.

All you need to do is be honest and He will do the rest.

If you put others before you, He will put you at the head of the line.

Keep Him first and foremost in your life and He will never leave you.

Peace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.89
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

The Lord knows your innermost secrets. He knows your needs and wants and He will provide for you, even without you asking.

Praying is simply talking to God in Jesus name.

If all you ever do is pray the Lord's prayer and nothing else, you can rest assured that He knows and understands.

All you need to do is be honest and He will do the rest.

If you put others before you, He will put you at the head of the line.

Keep Him first and foremost in your life and He will never leave you.

Peace.

That is right. Talk to him (as an adult) as you would your human father. He likes that. If your mad, go to him. If your sad, or glad, lonely, or ecstatic. He longs for you to come to Him.