• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

If you don't belong, they don't ask.

I know what you mean.

I'm pretty much a loner. I find that it's easier to study by myself. Instead of someone telling me what something means, I actually have to put some effort into it. I feel closer to God when I'm alone then when I'm with a group of people. At times it does get lonesome...but it passes...it always does.

Why don't you start your own study group? All you really need is one other person. Maybe someone from one of those churches you've attended. Put a ad in the local paper...who knows, maybe there's others out there just like you...looking for a place to belong.

Just a thought.

I wish I could give you a big old huge Man it is going to be all right hang in their! :wub:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member

Too many churches are "seeker friendly" and politically correct instead of Biblically correct. I think each church takes some things out of Scripture and builds around that, ignoring other things that are equally important. Personally I like Calvary Chapel. To me it seems as if they, for the most part, a very sound. If you are interested in looking for one near you, here's a link to a list (there are some in New Hampshire): http://www.calvarychapel.com/?page=churches-list

I know that they are going through some troubles with "new age" ideas coming in, but Chuck Smith (the head of Calvary Chapel - or second under Jesus) has told them that if they go new age that they cannot be affiliated with Calvary Chapel anymore.

It took us a long time to find a church that we wanted to join. Have you thought about starting a home fellowship on your own? Not necessarily "church" but a Bible study in the evenings. You have a very good insight into the Bible and I think you would be good at teaching.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Nathele

Stop looking for a church! I guarantee if you look hard enough in your town you will find a home of hungry people who gather outside the church. Place an add! :wub:

I live in an area that is very spiritually chilly. There are more new agers and nonbelievers here then Christians. The only study groups I have found are those from within a church. If you don't belong, they don't ask.

O Man o man, I've never seen a country with more churched than here. On every corner there is a church, but it's really a Godless country.

I love going to church, for the worship, the communion, the Word, aw everything. We had such a fabulous church back in SA, but now... well I'll just keep praying.

Grace

Remember prayer without action is not faith! We all are in this together it's global can you hear the wind of the spirit! It's coming! Don't wait spread the good news of the kingdom with someone, someone unsaved. :wub:

If it's any consolation to you guys that can't find a church, consider yourselves blessed.

You know what you want and won't settle for anything less then the absolute Word of God.

Remember what Christ said...."For many are called, but few are chosen".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

I live in an area that is very spiritually chilly. There are more new agers and nonbelievers here then Christians. The only study groups I have found are those from within a church. If you don't belong, they don't ask.

O Man o man, I've never seen a country with more churched than here. On every corner there is a church, but it's really a Godless country.

I love going to church, for the worship, the communion, the Word, aw everything. We had such a fabulous church back in SA, but now... well I'll just keep praying.

Grace

Remember prayer without action is not faith! We all are in this together it's global can you hear the wind of the spirit! It's coming! Don't wait spread the good news of the kingdom with someone, someone unsaved. :wub:

I really have the faith as well, and I thank God constantly that He knows what He's doing. There is a reason we end up in different churches. It just breaks my heart to see such a beautiful country so lost and so Godless. I'm not use to that. But then, that's maybe one of the reasons our Father send us here.

Grace

I really have the faith as well, and I thank God constantly that He knows what He's doing. There is a reason we end up in different churches. It just breaks my heart to see such a beautiful country so lost and so Godless. I'm not use to that. But then, that's maybe one of the reasons our Father send us here.

Don't give up the ship yet their are a few good men and women who still worship a living God! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Too many churches are "seeker friendly" and politically correct instead of Biblically correct. I think each church takes some things out of Scripture and builds around that, ignoring other things that are equally important. Personally I like Calvary Chapel. To me it seems as if they, for the most part, a very sound. If you are interested in looking for one near you, here's a link to a list (there are some in New Hampshire): http://www.calvarychapel.com/?page=churches-list

I know that they are going through some troubles with "new age" ideas coming in, but Chuck Smith (the head of Calvary Chapel - or second under Jesus) has told them that if they go new age that they cannot be affiliated with Calvary Chapel anymore.

It took us a long time to find a church that we wanted to join. Have you thought about starting a home fellowship on your own? Not necessarily "church" but a Bible study in the evenings. You have a very good insight into the Bible and I think you would be good at teaching.

<>< ><>

Nathele

Your encouraging words touch me deeply. I have thought about it, but I would have to find someplace to have the study. Sadly, those in my house would only make others feel uncomfortable instead of welcomed. Anything to do with bible teachings is frowned at here. Even when I am online with this family, I get the evil eyes. They think I am addicted and lost in cyberspace Christian boards. They have indicated that I may need help, yet, they play their computer games for hours ... go figure.

Do you have a friend who would open their home for an evening Bible study?

I'm going to get up on a little soapbox here. Why is the church going the way of the world? Because many who know and understand the truth don't step up to the plate! Men - yes men - need to step out. God has always used men to be the leaders. He uses women, too, but it is the men who need to lead. If God urges a man to begin a Bible study that holds true to the Bible and he doesn't do it, well.....we get people leading who haven't been chosen by God. We get cults. We get churches that water down the Gospel. Alan, you have an understanding of God's word that you can share. Pray about it and maybe it is you who needs to give others who are looking for a Bible based church a place to go. I am encouraging my husband to do the same thing (nagging? pushing?). He has a wonderful insight into Scripture. He is now leading a Bible study at our local residential care home and has started in Genesis. Holding God's word as authority he is reading verse by verse through it and explaining as he goes. The people absolutely love it! This week there were some new faces there. He doesn't know if they are ones who just haven't come before or if they are friends who don't live there. But they really love they way he teaches. He will go to Matthew next week.

OK....stepping down from my soapbox now. :wub:

<>< ><>

Nathele

<>< ><>

Nathele

Grace

Don't give up the ship yet their are a few good men and women who still worship a living God! :laugh:

Get your ipod out put some great worship music on and tell God how much you love him and begin to worship him, he really like this! :cool:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

I have been involved in a church for the past few months. It's not a big church, but it is usually filled with many people. Yet, when I sought to become a member, I found that their beliefs are very lax according to His Word. They allow certain things to go on that are spoken against in the Bible. Until I found out what they foundations were, I felt at home ... now I must admit, I'm bummed. There are a lot of other churches around, but all that I have visited seemed dead ...

OneLight

Keep looking...there is a church out there somewhere for you. Also realize that you could be a catalyst of change for a congregation. Everytime God adds somebody to the local Body of believer He is making a statement, because you bring a talent and a sphere of influence that they need.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I am going on 7yrs now without a church - and it sucks!

I have visited more churches than i care to remember. its frustrating really. at one point, i forced myself to stay at one church but i figured there was no point, esp since i knew i didnt agree with what they teach.

I know for sure that God is in charge of me and has something up His sleeve that He is gonna wow me with so until then .......