Vickilynn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

It depends on the reason, if you've changed your named because your being hounded by people who have followed you from somewhere else (this has happened here) and you don't want them to know you, I don't have a problem with it, If your trying to trick people here at Worthy into thinking your somebody new, then I would have to go with that being deceptive.

Shalom SP,

Thanks! :rolleyes:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

i have 3 screen names here i use this as my main one i usualy use but in the old chat i would get stuck and had to change names that actually happened to me twice in one night so i had to make a 3rd one, is that deception or an exception of the rule...i post with only one name i always have.....i dont use my real name is that deception or caution...you choose and yes there are those that use many names just to disrupt a post or in chat most are kids having fun some are adults comming in to cause problems so we as christians are luered right into teptation or to cause our unity to faulter as this thread is doing.....does it matter if people change names to no it dont matter if someone wants to be disruptive of our unity in CHRIST they will find a way if you see a problem or are being harrassed there is an option on here saying if someone is harrassing you or is being disruptive to let a mod know by givng the mod the name and a brief description of what that name is doin....thats what it is for you let a mod know and they have ways of checkin it out...in essence all im sayin is put in the mods hands like you would put it in GODS hands and let them deal withit its not up to us to determine if a person is bein deceptive or not we are here for untiy to help each other and for fellowship thats it i come here for those reasons if aperson want to be decptive and is harrassing you then report it....dont dirupt the worthy unity for petty bickering we are here for guidance answeres to spiritual matters, for healing, for discussion on spiritual matters, is this thread even close to being a spiritual problem or is it just away to cause arguements and disruption.....oak

:rolleyes:

My opinion? To save face, being a coward, not standing behind what they believe, immaturity. Take your pick, they all mean the same in the end.

In real life, not cyber life, it should be done face to face.

Shalom Alan,

Good words. I agree! Thanks for the reply!

have to admit i have not read all of this thread. that said from what i have read i would like to say people change their screen names for a variety of reasons and i agree we are not to judge it since we do not know why. it may infact be for safety or they want to start over or they have grown tired of the name or they are trying to get around a ban :rolleyes: . unless you are using your full and correct name here (you being any poster) then indeed in a way it could also said that you are deceptive but it would not be prudent to post your full real name. ;)

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Shalom,

Thanks Rebekah!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

We have some members who try to circumvent mod review by registering under a new name and posting. This is bypassing the means put into place to correct behaviours and is subject to an immediate ban. We also have those that register a new name if they've been banned. This eventually leads to a ban on the IP.

We work with people if they feel they need more than one alias, or need their old alias changed. However, we consider it a deception if they choose to have multiple alias' without first notifying admin, and when they try to hide their true identity. When the chat admins allow an additional one, they inform the board mods - so that we don't issue a ban.

It is against the TOS as stated:

Misrepresentation of age, gender or identity on Worthy Ministries is prohibited. Neither will you impersonate any one in Worthy Ministries, including administrators, violation of this rule can and will be grounds for being banned from Worthy Ministries. (Ex. 20:15, Lev 19:11)

We have some members who try to circumvent mod review by registering under a new name and posting. This is bypassing the means put into place to correct behaviours and is subject to an immediate ban. We also have those that register a new name if they've been banned. This eventually leads to a ban on the IP.

We work with people if they feel they need more than one alias, or need their old alias changed. However, we consider it a deception if they choose to have multiple alias' without first notifying admin, and when they try to hide their true identity. When the chat admins allow an additional one, they inform the board mods - so that we don't issue a ban.

It is against the TOS as stated:

Misrepresentation of age, gender or identity on Worthy Ministries is prohibited. Neither will you impersonate any one in Worthy Ministries, including administrators, violation of this rule can and will be grounds for being banned from Worthy Ministries. (Ex. 20:15, Lev 19:11)

Shalom Traveller!

I did not know that! Thank you for the clarification and the reply. That really helps me and I am so glad that Worthy has this in place. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:laugh: Edited by hopper

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

as Maddie from the movie True Grit said "who knows what's in a man's heart"

seems to me bringing this topic up is childish and a perfect example of how people look for the faults in others and ignore their own. IMO :laugh:

I disagree, jackie. I think vickilynn has noticed, as I have, that some posters come here and post for a few months (usually on very controversial subjects) stir up things, fight with others, then leave. They come back in a bit with a new name but that never works; the way one phrases things and the habit of only posting on certain threads is telling. I don't think she was finding fault; only wondering if the practice is deceptive. After all, there's no law against it and I don't think the owners of Worthy prohibit the practice. :laugh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Remember "publious"? From the Federalist Papers :laugh:

God Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

A Treatise on the Defense of the Ethical Sock Puppetry Arts (more of a tale, really)

(a.k.a. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind)

(a.k.a. Presidential Kittens, International Security, and Spys)

(a.k.a. Malkovich, Malkovich)

(a.k.a. Do Astronauts Pass Dead Sock Puppets On Their Way To The Moon?)

(a.k.a. The Born Ultimatum)

(a.k.a. ted doe)

I am a frog, a man of some mature years of Christian life and service for as long as I have memory. As another me (and one and the same), I began my Christian cyber fellowship at a couple of other prominent sites which are now noted across the web as some of the worst administrated and moderated Christian sites. The names are withheld to protect the innocent and keep compliant with Worthy decorum. Surprisingly, to me anyway, they were extensions of an international Christian pastoral service industry I have been a part of for as long as I have been in the work force. I actually expected to find Christian sites that focused on customer service and an honourable representation of Christ, but you can ill imagine what I encountered there. Too many of you have experienced the same thing, and if ever I have been a part of it I humbly apologize.

I was directed to the second of those sites by posts found at the the first, some four years ago now, and have now left both sites without ever receiving indication (not a warning or infraction or demerit or anything) that I've ever violated a single rule in those communities; even while temporarily being banned from one of them, with the then site owner kicking the staff out of office who did so). I had barely even found out what a sock puppet was (and perhaps it