• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/19/1970

I love to watch horror movies, read Stephen King or Koontz, I listen to Heavy Metal music.

My lady keeps telling me that I have to be careful of what I let into my heart and my mind. She mentioned that it was in the Bible.

I try to explain to her that it is how you take these things in your own way. I don't know if I said that right; so I will set some examples:

I like horror movies because they are entertaining and I know they are fake. Some times like a adrenalin rush. Once the movie is over - that's it. I don't see them for evilness - just entertainment.

She says that they are all evil and that they are tools for evil.

I like all music, but mainly 80's metal. I listen to each instrument and like how the music fills that certain void in my every day moments. Music calms me when I'm angry, comforts me when I'm sad or just keeps me company when I'm alone or driving.

Could you point out to me the scriptures of the Bible that say anything like what she told me?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I love to watch horror movies, read Stephen King or Koontz, I listen to Heavy Metal music.

My lady keeps telling me that I have to be careful of what I let into my heart and my mind. She mentioned that it was in the Bible.

I try to explain to her that it is how you take these things in your own way. I don't know if I said that right; so I will set some examples:

I like horror movies because they are entertaining and I know they are fake. Some times like a adrenalin rush. Once the movie is over - that's it. I don't see them for evilness - just entertainment.

She says that they are all evil and that they are tools for evil.

I like all music, but mainly 80's metal. I listen to each instrument and like how the music fills that certain void in my every day moments. Music calms me when I'm angry, comforts me when I'm sad or just keeps me company when I'm alone or driving.

Could you point out to me the scriptures of the Bible that say anything like what she told me?

Each person feels a different conviction.

It's very simple. Follow Jesus with all of your heart and your mind, serve Him, and do as you please. If you feel guilty, don't do it. If you feel it's harmless, then do it. Only you can make decisions for yourself. Your lady cannot say one thing is right for everyone. Also the bible does say that whatever is pure and lovely, think on these things. How do you really feel about it?

God judges our hearts and motives.

We all sin countless times everyday without even knowing it...is God going to hold that against us?

You judge for yourself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Anything that fits the above bible quote is not a bad start.

But I am not telling you anything, just answering your question. All your decisions are yours to make, and may God bless you as you make them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

"Garbage in, garbage out". I don't care for these types of things because, well, they just don't make me feel good. They don't do anything to glorify God. My husband accepted Jesus a number of years ago, and one of the things that has happened in the closer he gets to Jesus, the less he can tolerate violent movings with cussing. The same with music. He does not like the music he used to. There are some really good Christian bands with a "rock and roll" style. My husband and daughter like "Third Day". I like "Apologetix" - the take the music from secular music of all styles and put Christian words to it.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

I hadn't read any non-Christian fiction in a long time until recently. I've been reading some James Patterson, Koontz, etc. recently. I love horror movies but that's not something that I'm personally convicted on. As for the music, it has always had an effect on me and I was convicted long ago to only listen to Christian music. Having grown up in the 80's, I love the sound of that type of rock but have found many Christian groups that I prefer to listen to now. That being said, I think anything that we do if we don't spend time with God is wrong.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  424
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

:whistling: Edited by hopper

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

What you behold is what you become.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My lady keeps telling me that I have to be careful of what I let into my heart and my mind.

you have time for reading king and koontz, but you don't have time to read the Scriptures? if you are a follower of Christ, you should be into the Bible yourself, not asking someone to find it for you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

My lady keeps telling me that I have to be careful of what I let into my heart and my mind.

you have time for reading king and koontz, but you don't have time to read the Scriptures? if you are a follower of Christ, you should be into the Bible yourself, not asking someone to find it for you.

:whistling: