• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/11/1969

:emot-shakehead: I have a question for all of you,but before i ask it. I would like to let you all know that i understand that the bible is the christians food source for spiritual food. I understand the dangers of going to long without reading it. So please, no obvisous replys. the question is: Where in the BIBLE does it tell us to read it daily?

I have asked this question in hopes to get answers on Where in the Bible does it tell us to read it daily? does it tell us to read the bible everyday? and why does the BIBLE,not you say we are to read it everyday?

Thanks for you time,

Angel1969

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

You are correct that we are not commanded to read daily. But we are commanded toknow God. Since His primary way of communicating with us is through the word, it would make sense to seek Him regularly there.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

:whistling: I have a question for all of you,but before i ask it. I would like to let you all know that i understand that the bible is the christians food source for spiritual food. I understand the dangers of going to long without reading it. So please, no obvisous replys. the question is: Where in the BIBLE does it tell us to read it daily?

I have asked this question in hopes to get answers on Where in the Bible does it tell us to read it daily? does it tell us to read the bible everyday? and why does the BIBLE,not you say we are to read it everyday?

Thanks for you time,

Angel1969

Hi Angel ... your answer's in your question ... if the Bible is "spiritual food" and you are born again "spiritually alive" ... then your spiritual food is ... the Bible...

What I love about THIS particular meal is that I can eat as much of it as I want!! :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Depends a great deal on how much as a child of our loving Heavenly Father we want to know about our Father and his love for us.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

To know our Heavenly Father we read his word whenever we have the opportunity, for God's word is God, and how much we read God's word will indicate not only how much we love our Heavenly Father and want to know more about him but how much of what God is saying to us we want to know..

Reading scripture under the guidance of the Holy Spirit is a very challenging occupation, and many would rather not know what their Heavenly Father is saying to them through his word.

Answering your question as sincerely as possible, the Bible does not tell us to read it every day because that would not make sense. The love of our Heavenly Father is available to us 24 hours a day, and whenever we have the chance to read or think of God's word we hold hands with our Heavenly Father by doing so.

Reading and thinking about God's word as often as we have the opportunity and want to find out more of the love of our Heavenly Father for us is the only answer that makes sense.

We don't need to have our noses in the Bible all the time to be thinking about what we have read, but it is unlikely that we will be thinking about God's word for us if we have not, as least once a day, read what God is saying.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

:noidea: I have a question for all of you,but before i ask it. I would like to let you all know that i understand that the bible is the christians food source for spiritual food. I understand the dangers of going to long without reading it. So please, no obvisous replys. the question is: Where in the BIBLE does it tell us to read it daily?

Thanks for you time,

Angel1969

Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to DO everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

Psam 119: 97 Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

As an example from those in Berea, the scriptures tells us, in Acts 17:11 "These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." Now, if we are talking to anyone about God, even on here, we should search the scriptures to find out what we have been told is true or not. This is not a commandment, but a suggestion.

Is this too much of an obvious reply?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  421
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

As an example from those in Berea, the scriptures tells us, in Acts 17:11 "These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so." Now, if we are talking to anyone about God, even on here, we should search the scriptures to find out what we have been told is true or not. This is not a commandment, but a suggestion.

I think that was a good reply, OneLight.

Not sure how I would have been in those days searching the OT for information and clues, but it shows an attractive attitude that people wanted to do so. For me, my Christian mind focuses more on the NT which was not written at the time, but that is my upbringing and my inclination more than a necessity.

I start off from my belief and certainty in the fact of Jesus Christ, and read NT scripture mostly to find my driving instructions for today, more than spending time searching the OT to find out evidence that Jesus Chris existed.

As a matter of fact, I do read a portion from both the OT and NT every day, on the basis that the method I use will cover the whole bible once every year, but more as a discipline than otherwise.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus and his righteousness.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I think that was a good reply, OneLight.

Not sure how I would have been in those days searching the OT for information and clues, but it shows an attractive attitude that people wanted to do so. For me, my Christian mind focuses more on the NT which was not written at the time, but that is my upbringing and my inclination more than a necessity.

I start off from my belief and certainty in the fact of Jesus Christ, and read NT scripture mostly to find my driving instructions for today, more than spending time searching the OT to find out evidence that Jesus Chris existed.

As a matter of fact, I do read a portion from both the OT and NT every day, on the basis that the method I use will cover the whole bible once every year, but more as a discipline than otherwise.

My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus and his righteousness.

All they had to search was the OT. Now, we have both! God is Good!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

:thumbsup: I have a question for all of you,but before i ask it. I would like to let you all know that i understand that the bible is the christians food source for spiritual food. I understand the dangers of going to long without reading it. So please, no obvisous replys. the question is: Where in the BIBLE does it tell us to read it daily?

Thanks for you time,

Angel1969

Hi Angel ... your answer's in your question ... if the Bible is "spiritual food" and you are born again "spiritually alive" ... then your spiritual food is ... the Bible...

What I love about THIS particular meal is that I can eat as much of it as I want!! :thumbsup:

Amen to that sis! It fattens our spirit, instead of our hips! :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

how often does it say to study? it doesn't, but when we study we should do so prayerfully

what are we told about praying? to pray continuously....

does that mean to be on our knees all the time? no, this means to be in a constant walk with the Lord.... when we are walking with the Lord, we will not be slipping in to our old ways of sin..... walking with the Lord requires us to learn about Him, through prayer on our knees, talking to Him as we go through our day, studying about Him in His Word, Praising Him, Worshiping Him, and doing everything for His Honor.....