Interracial Marriage

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

If it was me i wouldnt let it keep me from the one i loved , you know moses was in a interracial marriage.

I wouldn't let anything stop me from marrying someone I wanted to marry either.....except that person not being Christian. That just wouldn't be possible.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HIS girl
If it was me i wouldnt let it keep me from the one i loved , you know moses was in a interracial marriage.

Yes Moses married a black woman that's right but that shouldn't be the "bar" to use to marry someone from outside your race. Just because Moses did it then it's ok.

There is absolutley nothing Biblically based saying one cannot marry another person who is racially different.

A Biblical marriage union is to be of male and female foremost and for Followers of Christ it is to be a union between 2 Christians who are practising the teachings of Christ.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Yes Moses married a black woman that's right but that shouldn't be the "bar" to use to marry someone from outside your race. Just because Moses did it then it's ok.

There is absolutley nothing Biblically based saying one cannot marry another person who is racially different.

A Biblical marriage union is to be of male and female foremost and for Followers of Christ it is to be a union between 2 Christians who are practising the teachings of Christ.

That sounds right to me; those are the only requirements I remember reading about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Are you happy to live in your spouses country and have all your descendents become of that race? Would your children be accepted in their country?

If not, you might be marrying for the wrong reasons.

And Abrahem had concubines, David commited adultery and Jacob stole his brothers birthright. Not everything a person does in the bible is right.

Would you like to be half one race and half another? Racial acceptance or non-acceptance aside - would you choose that for yourself? The bible tells us to treat other people the way we would like them to treat us.

People can jump on the 'racism' bandwagon very easily over this topic but you're dealing with the life of other human beings, not just your own happiness. And inter-racial marriages affect several generations, not just the children.

Have you prayed about it? Why don't you make God lord of the whole thing and give him room to bless or cancel the union? He loves everybody involved in this situation more then anyone else and only wants the best for everybody. He knows what will work and what could eventually cause stress or emotional pain over generations that would be better avoided.

Making christ our Lord means making him our master. And he loves everybody, made racial differences for a reason, and doesn't want anyone to suffer unnecessarily.

He might ok it and he might not. But he needs to be Lord of all our marriage decisions.

(And if we can't trust him in that, how can we even call ourselves his children or servants?)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

And he loves everybody, made racial differences for a reason, and doesn't want anyone to suffer unnecessarily.

God didn't create the various races at all. Racial differenced were made by man in his pride and selfish ambition. I wouldn't call your position racist so much as misguided. I'm sure that every person who considers marrying another of another race considers and weighs the issues carefully. But you know, the more interracial marriages there are the more the possibility - the probability - of actually looking at the issues of diversity and overcoming racial stigma, misunderstanding, and ignorance.

Yes, interracial marriages affect several generations to come. That's a good thing!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  437
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/20/1979

Natt,

I am married to an Indian (thorough-bred) and I am colored (mixed race) and we had & still have ppl & family that is against our marraige, however we love each other and both of us is serving DADDY GOD, the Creator of heaven & earth. Our marraige is build on the foundation of JESUS CHRIST. When you put HIM first in your relationship then all things works for the good for us who believes. We went for pre-marital counselling and I would say that yall need to do it as well

Marraige is wonderful when DADDY GOD is the centre and yall 2 love each other.

All my blessings to yall

love,

lomi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

i prefer some one from a difrent race reason i am comfterbal with in my self i could settle with a croatian women i am croatian and ther are croatian men in my country who stick to pure croatian women with pure croatian blood croatian men in my country wil not marry a women who does not have puure croatian blood running threw her blood they dont want ther kids being half casts i did not put this down to be racist if his girl is reading this she will know were i am comming from

i am with a filapino women we love each other and i am ok with the women i have fallen in love with and i will be living in the philippines i am not like some of the croatians i know

you need to not worry what other people might be thinking try not to allow other peoples oppinions tell you who you should be dating

but if you have friends who dont like people from difrent ethnic groups or have certain family members who fought in the wars say vietnam or against the japs or against the germans and you have fallen in love you need to look at the pros and cons

will your family accept them were they warmly embrace the person you are in love with that means not faking it to be nice or to be in your good books familys do this society does this christians do this they wil be nice only to not up set you

but if your like me do as you see fit and dont let it get to you or worry you

be happy and live out your life

damo1

Guest HIS girl

'damo1'

croatian men in my country wil not marry a women who does not have puure croatian blood running threw her blood they dont want ther kids being half casts i did not put this down to be racist if his girl is reading this she will know were i am comming from

All good! :whistling:

An advantage of being of mixed heritage is being able to see both points of view - I have had my hard times but I wouldn't want to be any other way - I am what I am - unique - as we all are! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.91
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

My daughter is engaged to a black man (from Kenya). I didn't like it at first, but I realize that it is not me and if it is what makes my daughter happy, than I am happy for her. This is an area that I had issues (I'm not a racist by the way, I just don't believe in the mixing of races) and the Lord put it in my face so that I had to deal with it. Obviously, God has no issues with interracial marriage and neither should I. I'm still a "work in progress." :b:

Guest HIS girl

There are many interracial unions mentioned in the Bible -

God doesn't have issue with it - men do - God made ONE blood -

I think if we could see our entire family tree history, we'd be surprised to see exactly who made up the "branches" to make us who we are today.