• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/19/1970

Just this morning something terrible happened.

I live in an apartment community on Kent State Campus here in Ohio. Just 3 doors away there were cops and paramedics there. The girl (A) that lives there was being savagely attacked by another girl (B) that live in this community also. It seems that girl B was staying the night at girl A 's apartment.

People woke up to hearing girl A's screams as girl B was beating her in the head and face with a hammer.

My problem is that, although it was something horrible, I just couldn't care less. It's like, "Oh well - just another day."I see it on the news, read it in the paper and know that it is the evil that men do. Nothing can surprise me or interest me. I already have anger against the human race and really do pray that the second coming of Christ get's here really really soon.

Edited by windwhisperd

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

We live in a very sad and sinful world. I am sorry that you had to experience that this morning. :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

It is a sad fact and reflection on society today that you give the impression you did not know the person who lived 3 doors away. In times of old people used to know just about everyone else in the same street, yet today we have this barricade the doors and keep ones self to ones self.

As Christians we should be making ourselves known and counted, we should aim to know all our neighbors as friends, this way we can tell people about our faith , show love and compassion and be a witness and testimony to CHrist. If girl A died and went to Hell, how would you reply to CHrist when asked why did you not tend to their spiritual seed. DId you plant a seed in them? did you water the seed? did you tend to the shoots? did you reap the fruit of that seed and lead them fully into accepting Christ? NO to all .

We live in a world that is dead to The Lord. Satan rules , we see this in way everyone is scared to look at each other, talk to each other or get to know each other. We have become isolationists , fearful of anyone who comes near us. This is how Satan wants us to behave and think, for if we cower like frighted sheep scared of our own shadows afraid to step outside of the barn into the pasture and fields then how are we to meet those others who are not saved and tell them of God?

THis is how the world acts, keeping to ones self and turning blind eyes and deaf ears to our neighbors. This is acceptable behaviour, we are not of the world, we should not act like this, simply acting like a CHristian and seeking out our neighbors will tell them we are different to the world, and that we have something that they do not. We can work wonders everyday just by being friendly and showing people love and concern. We do not need to ram Bible or God down peoples throat, if they are curious they will ask and we can then tend to those seeds and reap those fruits when they are ready.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

In the last days..............

Matthew 24:10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/19/1970

Matthew 24:10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Wow!.... that one really hit me. Thanks tsth.

I do know both of the women involved, but not enough to "hang out" with them. I would not hang out with them because of their habits. I found out that they were both "high" at the time. I quit doing drugs years ago and I quit drinking and I feel that it is better if I don't associate with those who do.

Edited by windwhisperd

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I find that Jesus will protect our hearts when tragedy strikes. You may not feel anything because of the shock of this happening so close to you. I don't believe that your heart is hardened, for how can this be when His Spirit continues to break down the hardened heart to create one of flesh?

OneLight

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

You're de-sensitised to violence. There's only so much you can be exposed to before it stops affecting you. Lots of people are unaffected by Oxfam adverts, because they've seen starving Africans too many times to care anymore.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

You're de-sensitised to violence. There's only so much you can be exposed to before it stops affecting you. Lots of people are unaffected by Oxfam adverts, because they've seen starving Africans too many times to care anymore.

This may be be so for some, but every time I see a child suffering, or anyone for that matter, it moves me deeply.

Stone

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Ezekiel 36:26

Breaker

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalms 139:23-24

Please Lord

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Good information. Thanks for the posts.