nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I remember in the 80's getting sucked into this train of thought for awhile. All I ever got was broke. I now have faith that God will provide all I need, when I need it, no matter how much or how little I can give. I trust Him completely. As for these preachers ... my stomach gets into knots when ever I pass by one of these preachers on TV.

I'm glad he was trying to set things straight. Thanks Neb!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

As I read this topic I am reminded of these passages:

1 Timothy 6

3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

These are the preachers like Balaam of today, mentioned in 2 Peter.

14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed--an accursed brood! 15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16 But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey--a beast without speech--who spoke with a man's voice and restrained the prophet's madness.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

it rains on the flowers as well as the weeds.

I have always given what Jesus tells me to give. If it wasn't for Jesus I be completely broke out of foolishly giving to any one who came to my door, including my last penny.

I was not into Hagin very much I am so glad that things are straightened out. One of those things that you chew a little an then spit out the pits. I have known about this book and is will to rebuke most of his peers. :whistling: I laugh cos I bet they thought they were going to get a blessing being called around hagin.

I love r.w. shambach. I went to see him. He is great and there is always a warning and teaching he gives which many do not pay attention too, or hear if his preaching is on the radio

If He gives a call for lets say... people who cannot hear in their right ear. Those are exactly who will be healed. He will tell people to not come to the altar under false pretenses. He says that all he does is let the Holy Spirit move through Him to others Do not come to the altar without knowing that is where Jesus wants you.

I have been in certain christian charlatan company and not only got sick to my stomach but the devil tried to kill me. Yet Jesus prevailed...they were revealed.

It is what Jesus tells you to do and if you do not hear anything do not give.

I also noticed something...their music some good...is aimed to excite the emotions.

Not to say the Holy Ghost excitement is not allowed but it is different.

it is a business...not of all and that is what the shame is....those who rake in the bucks and do Gods will as he chooses are out there.

Something is wrong and I do not mean to be incognito/invisible it has just happened that way

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  498
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/25/1949

Kenneth Hagin’s Forgotten Warning

By J. Lee Grady

Charisma Magazine

CBN.com – Charismatic Bible teacher Kenneth Hagin Sr. is considered the father of the so-called prosperity gospel. The folksy, self-trained “Dad Hagin” started a grass-roots movement in Oklahoma that produced a Bible college and a crop of famous preachers including Kenneth Copeland, Jerry Savelle, Charles Capps, Jesse DuPlantis, Creflo Dollar and dozens of others—all of whom teach that Christians who give generously should expect financial rewards on this side of heaven.

Hagin taught that God was not glorified by poverty and that preachers do not have to be poor. But before he died in 2003 and left his Rhema Bible Training Center in the hands of his son, Kenneth Hagin Jr., he summoned many of his colleagues to Tulsa to rebuke them for distorting his message. He was not happy that some of his followers were manipulating the Bible to support what he viewed as greed and selfish indulgence.

Those who were close to Hagin Sr. say he was passionate about correcting these abuses before he died. In fact, he wrote a brutally honest book to address his concerns. The Midas Touch was published in 2000, a year after the infamous Tulsa meeting.

Many Word-Faith ministers ignored the book. But in light of the recent controversy over prosperity doctrines, it might be a good idea to dust it off and read it again.

Read his points here

Good stuff!!!

Finally!

Well,I remember my first Pastor( he is with The Lord since 1977) that used to name 3 big issues or enemies of every christian:

1)Money

2)Sex

3)Pride

now if you want you can swap the numbers,but the fact is that once we are born again we receive a NEW NATURE,BUT the OLD NATURE is still with us,and while we have the wonderful promises that God will be with us to the end and beyond,we still have to engage warfare with our old Adam that is always under pressure from the flesh,the world and the devil....and wow man doesn't the enemy like to twist The Word???

In fact this kind of problem with money,for example,is not exclusive to The Word of Faith movement....no no...look how wealthy and rich is the RCC....or some other heretic denominations...

and also I really don't like when I hear "we should do this or that..." like that DOING IT the right way gains us some special favor with God.....false humilty and pride go together hand in hand...

Lets go back to Jesus Who said that is better to give than receive.....uhmm....

Father God help us to be obedient and just rely on YOU and YOU alone...

Help us God,thank you

Shalom

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

I was never made aware of this book. I find it interesting that not only did his Word of Faith collegues ignore the book, but many of his critics also ignored the book.

Thanks for sharing this Neb. It is an eye-opener.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks Neb.

As I read this topic I am reminded of these passages:

1 Timothy 6

3 If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5 and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

These are the preachers like Balaam of today, mentioned in 2 Peter.

14 With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed--an accursed brood! 15 They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16 But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey--a beast without speech--who spoke with a man's voice and restrained the prophet's madness.

In His Love,

Suzanne

It's strange to think that people were even preaching "get rich giving" back then.

Things never change.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Great post and very enlightening. Thanks!!

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

Very interesting article Neb :emot-rolleyes: I used to listen to several who were mentored by him and because of that, never really gave Mr. Hagin himself a chance. I'm relieved to know that the propaganda that surrounds many of them didn't come from his teaching and leadership but from and for their own vanity, as sad as that is.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I was never made aware of this book. I find it interesting that not only did his Word of Faith collegues ignore the book, but many of his critics also ignored the book.

Thanks for sharing this Neb. It is an eye-opener.

my sentiments exactly. thanks for posting this. this re-affirms my faith in brother hagin's ministry. his book "the triumphant church" really changed my life a few years ago but the prosperity teachings i'vee heard by other people has always sounded like GREED more than anything else...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,857
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

It's good to hear this, Neb :whistling: