IGNORED

Age of the Earth 2

Bread_of_Life

Guest Theophilia
that there was no world-wide flood.

a literary work rather than a scientific dissertation.

God Bless You!

I got called on the carpet for both of these things by my pastor not long ago. He simply could not let me believe this way. Heven wanted to tell me that the scientific community had validated a world wide flood!

We also do not see eye to eye about studying the text inductively and letting it speak for itself...if the author wants to use figurative language it is ok with me...not so with my pastor...I asked him if he sees the Bible as a scientific document and he said yes. (Oh dear.)

To think that way about the Bible causes one to think that the bible is an epistemic criterion rather than a means of grace.

Sincerely

Sara

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest A Stone

Hi. I'm new. I don't even know what my nickname is. I'm not too sure how or when that info was determined. ? Oh, well.

I believe that if you look closely, Genesis 1:1 and Gen. 1:2b tells us that, more than likely, the 'heavens' and the earth are millions, if not billion of years old.

Beginning at Gen. 1:2a, I believe is the RESTORATION of the earth and not the original creation of it. At that point is where 'creationists' are correct in that, man made in God's image, was created. The earth was restored; man was created.

I think, that belief is called the 'Old World' or 'Gap' concept. Are any of you familiar with the concept?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

All you who refuse to accept God's word for creation, and insist that science can proove evolution should go to Dr. D James Kenedy's web site and request His talks on evolution, you will get an eye opening about who the original scientists the ones who started science were, and what they believed, and also a whole lot of truth about what evolution realy is. Then there is Dr. Carl Baugh's web site. A Scientist who has proven in the laboratory that the rock formation that is supposed to take millions of years to form were created instantly. There has never been, nor will there ever be any proof for evolution, and scientists have proven that all the evidence that the evolutionists use is manufactured, as well as many of the fosils they claim as proof. There are some ex evolutionists who have given some very informative testamony about the fabrications to support the lie.

Guest A Stone

I do not believe in evolution. However, one must wonder at Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created heavens and the earth"; and at Gen 1:2b, "And the earth became waste and empty; and darkness was on the surface of the deep"; what happened inbetween???????

Job 38 says, "Where were you when I laid the foundaitons of the earth? - - -When the morning stars sang together and all the sons (angels) of God shouted for joy?"

There were stars and angels before the [six day] creation according to Job. When were THEY created????

If the creation was such a joyus occasion, why would the earth become waste and empty???

Guest A Stone

Also, in reading Genesis 1 and 2, one should note the words 'created' and 'made'.

Created is something made out of nothing. Made is something created out of materials already in existance.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Green Ink, thank you for your testimony - loved it!

His Son - the work you recommmended made me smile. Very credible and wise source. Not perfect of course, but trustworthy and led by the Spirit.

No, I was a Christian as a child, although stopped believing in Christianity and God at 8 years old.

Personally, I can't believe this statement did not raise a red flag and stop all the "debate". A statement like this shows a complete lack of understanding of God, the works of His son and our faith. This statement shows the all too prevalant belief that Christianity is one of the "world religions" that one can choose to follow, or dump at will, rather than a supernatural work of the Holy Spirit. All the intellect and degrees in the world can not make one understand the work of the Holy Spirit, because it is beyond human understanding.

Proverbs 53:1 - "The fool has said in his heart "There is no God"; they are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice". We are told, also in Proverbs that "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes." As Christians, what are we instructed to do (from Scripture), when confronted with "abominable injustice"? When contronted with untruth? There are many verses that instruct us here.

It is interesting and even facinating to discuss things like age of the earth and such with believers. To enter into debates with non believers is in vain and we are warned of such things in Scripture. Traveller asked why Scientist is here? I would think, from Scripture, we would already know this. Satan's first step is to plant seeds of doubt. Just enough for one to begin questioning the truth. Jesus said "Be careful that you let no man deceive you." Although a pleasant and kind person, Scientist has made it clear that he is here to "educate" people -

(Direct quote)----

What I do find challenging about places like this is educating those who are both uneducated,

and he is impressive and very good at his mission. Those who do not "put on the full armor of God" , who do not "gird their loins with the truth" and do not "put on the breastplate of righteousness", and do not "shod their feet with the preparation of the Gospel or "take up the shield of faith" or "put on the helmet of salvation" or take up "the sword of the Spirit" will not be able to "resist" and "stand firm". (Eph 6:14) They may begin to question what the Holy Spirit has instilled in them - the very thing we are warned against. Please, be concerned for any posters or lurkers who are still "on milk".

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and don't mean to be a killjoy. But, like Trav, feel strongly that I need to say this. Too often, Christians are meekly silent while the enemy gets strongholds, little by little. Someone on this thread said that Jesus doesn't "barge in" - well, a lot of times, neither does Satan. Scripture warns us that he is subtle in his deceptions. Seeds are planted little by little. Sorry, but when I see a relatively new person who denies the Gospel come into a 'room' full of believers to "educate" them - my red flag goes up and I become very protective of the Gospel of Christ.

Scientist, I'm glad you are here, but don't believe we should be engaging in "debates" with you, as Scripture tells us not to do that. I mean you no ill will and, like Trav said, I have nothing else to add so will shut up now.

Guest A Stone
I still believe the earth is billions of years old and that there was no world-wide flood.

I am a Christian and believe the earth could be billions of years old too but I am not an evolutionist. In regards to a world-wide flood, no, not Noah's flood but water that covered the entire earth before the RESTORATION of it.

I belive that there was some kind of life on earth before it was judged. The words in Genesis 1:2a, darkness, void, empty, deep (water) are symbolic of God's judgement. Why? What was judged? Well, it is all tied into the the 'Great Rebellion'. Satan's fall.

At Genesis 1:1 when, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth", all the stars sang and angels shouted for joy! (Job 38). Then Gen. 1:2a says, "And the earth became waste and empty; and darkness was on the surface of the deep." (This verse shows that water covered the entire earth, and verse 9 says, " - - and let the dry land appear":laugh:. What happened after the stars and angels rejoiced between verse 1 and verse 2a?

Geneses 1:2b is the beginning of the [six day] RESTORATION of the earth and the creation of other things including man.

Genesis 1:2b-2:25 is a portion of the Bible showing us God's restoration of the damaged universe, plus His further creation.

Read chapters 1 and 2 and note the words 'created' and 'made'. To create means to produce something out of nothing, and to make means to work upon an existing substance in order to produce something else out of it.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. :laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Quote:

Personally, I can't believe this statement did not raise a red flag and stop all the "debate". A statement like this shows a complete lack of understanding of God, the works of His son and our faith. This statement shows the all too prevalant belief that Christianity is one of the "world religions" that one can choose to follow, or dump at will, rather than a supernatural work of the Holy Spirit. All the intellect and degrees in the world can not make one understand the work of the Holy Spirit, because it is beyond human understanding.

This paragraph raises a black flag called OSAS that originates in the pit of hell, lulling a lot of people into a false sense of security, that will take them along that broad way that leads to the pit of hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

LOL, touche!

Yep, I believe Scripture is crystal clear that no one can 'lose' salvation nor have it taken from them, but that's a whole 'nuther thread, right? :D And, I can assure you that I have no 'false sense of security'. ;)

Oh, and btw - please know that my statement about having no understanding had nothing to do with furthering a OSAS doctrine, I wasn't even thinking of that. I guess I didn't articulate well. So many people believe that they are "christian". (note - not A Christian, but "christian") meaning they are not jewish and believe in God. And they believe that being "christian" saves them. THAT is a lie directly from the pit of hell. The author of this topic seemed to hold to that false definition of Christianity, thus doesn't have a clue and needs witnessed to, not debated. Didn't explain myself much better there, sorry. :noidea:

I stand by my opinion that a non believer should not be encouraged and/or enabled in their pagan beliefs in a Christian forum. Loved? Yes. Encouraged? Yes - to seek the Savior. Anything else, and God says to shake the dust........... :)