IGNORED

Having Trouble Going To Church

Guest lovinghim4ever

Guest lovinghim4ever

It's not that I don't love God or the church I go to. I do love God, and I do love my church. I just sometimes get in these places where I just don't want to go. I don't believe I'm sinning or anything like that. It's just a strange thing to explain. I just don't want to go to church. No particular reason. I just don't want to go. :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

When I first started going to church, it was because I felt obligated to do so. I can honestly say that I didn't really want to. But, I knew God had done so much in my life and I felt that I needed to make an effort in this regard to go to his house physically, if nothing else to show my gratitude.

In time, I have grown to love church and really miss it when I can't be there.

That's my experience. I hope it helps. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

i feel the same way i wish there was church in here with friends people aren't judge mental here like in my church

i'd be willing to be there IS one like that near you... it's just a matter of finding it.

I agree. There is one. A church that operates in humbleness and thankfulness and grace.

It's not that I don't love God or the church I go to. I do love God, and I do love my church. I just sometimes get in these places where I just don't want to go. I don't believe I'm sinning or anything like that. It's just a strange thing to explain. I just don't want to go to church. No particular reason. I just don't want to go. :whistling:

Then you shouldn't go.

If you force yourself to go, you're not going to get anything out of it because you don't want to be there to begin with.

Everybody needs a break now and then.....don't feel guilty for taking one.

As long as you keep your eyes on God, I don't think He's going to fault you for it.

Guest Biblicist
When you don't feel like going to church, that is usually the time when you need to go the most! :whistling:

Written by Afal

sounds like you're in the wrong church!

seriously, if you hunger for meat and feel like you're getting formula, then you aren't where God wants you to be... because He wants you to be where you are getting spiritually fed.

that goes too, i think, for those who find church boring, or who just can't find any desire to go.... the church you've BEEN going to, or have visited, or whatever, is not where you need to be.

now, there will always be days when our flesh wants to stay home in bed and play hooky from church, because that's just how our sinful nature operates. but it should be the exception, not the rule.

Well said, both of you! :whistling:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Somehow, when I feel like not going, I fear that I would not fulfill Gods purpose for me concerning someone else. I go to be part of everything there, especially being there for someone else. You never know how you touch the lives of others, even if you never speak a word to them. They may overhear something you say to another that then becomes a confirmation in their walk. Satan has many ways of placing stumbling blocks in the lives of Gods people. This is sure a sneaky one.

In Him,

Alan

Guest lovinghim4ever

Great replies. Thank you all so much. I hate that anyone else goes through this, but it's comforting (in a way) to know that I am not the only one.

:emot-pray::emot-pray::huh:

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I do love God, but lately it seems when Sunday rolls around I just don't want to go to church.

:b::):cool:

What's up with that?

Does anyone else ever feel this way?

this is satans way of keeping you from fellowship....

we have this from time to time, and you know, we turn on the music honoring Christ, and we force ourselves to go, singing all the way, praising the Lord, crucifying the flesh, and by the time we show up, we are ready to worship in the corporate setting, to praise Him....

we have also found that there are dry times, when we are working outreach and are not in the main church service, we tend to get dry, and thirsty, and hungry, and when we get back into the corporate setting for worship some times it is not the same, we have to focus on Christ, on God, not how the service is going, not on what subject the pastor is preaching ont on The Lord, not on the people who are there or not there..... afterwards, it is time to find out about those that are not there...

mike

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

All my best conversation has been church related, everything else has been tediously empty. Things of church can always improve, and at least one is in the right place.

Some countries can't even gather as we can for fear of imprisonment, and they don't have the luxury of opportunities we take for granted.

Just think what a joy it is for them to meet another believer in this peculiar faith we share amid the spiritual darkness of their nation. There are also the missionaries God bless who do so much thankless service unto the Lord. These things have recently inspired me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

It's not that I don't love God or the church I go to. I do love God, and I do love my church. I just sometimes get in these places where I just don't want to go. I don't believe I'm sinning or anything like that. It's just a strange thing to explain. I just don't want to go to church. No particular reason. I just don't want to go. :emot-hug:

I have been saved over 20 years. In all this time I have had mornings that I didn't want to get up and go to church. Sometimes I would be sick and want to stay in bed. Sometimes I would be tired bec ause I workded hard all week. Sometimes my flesh would get in the way and want to stay home. Sometimes the devil would try to keep me from going...

Whatever the reason, I have learned to press past all those excuses, short of being snowed in etc., and go.

Some ways to get up and go are saying to the Lord something like, "Lord, I don't feel like going today, but I know that through You and with Your help I can leap over a wall and run through a troop.!"

Or, Flesh get down! Jesus is on the throne of my heart and I'm gonna go worship Him today in the house of the Lord with a joyful praise and thankful heart! We bring the sacfifice of praise into the house of the Lord!

Or , "Lord I know you must have something good there for me today, help me press past this tiredness and go."

Or, "Lord I love You and want to sit in Your presence with the saints today because I know that where two or more are gathereed in Your name, You are there. Help me go and be a blessing today."

And here is one if you recognize it is the devil trying to put tiredness or sickness on you to keep you home, "Satan I come against you in the name of the Lord and by the blood of Jesus I command you and this tiredness to go!"

And so on...go to church, especially if your flesh is just trying to dictate to you, which is what is seems like by your post.