• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

-

I do not have the annual stats on deaths by automobile accident, suicide , assault ,abortion (?), Physician error etc in Iraq.

However here are the stats from MacLeans Magazine for the deaths in iraq due to the war since the American Invasion of 2003.

Since 2003, more than 4000 U.S. troops killed in Iraq,

7,500 Iraqi policemen and soldiers have died.

Iraq

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Lady C

can you define "legislated murder"?

-as per the Supreme Court Decision in your country that legalized abortion.

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973) is a United States Supreme Court case that resulted in a landmark decision regarding abortion. According to the Roe decision, most laws against abortion in the United States violated a constitutional right to privacy under the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Canada and other countries passed similar legislation - that resoundly removed abortion from being a criminal act.

But we digress -

Edited by chimoku

Guest LadyC

thanks for the definition. i thought you might have been talking about something else. i agree that abortion is legislated murder.

back to the subject.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Hussein was a despot. true.

However his regieme was not anymore lethal or threatening than the one that now exists in No Korea, in Russia, or China, or some in Africa -

Just because a regieme is despotic does not justify invasion.

This is merely a Red Herring. It has nothing at all to do with Saddam Hussein's willful disobedience to international mandate.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

4000 American lives wasted.

Three of my friends went to Iraq. I prayed for them and I thank God two have returned safely. (Mike is still there.) As soon as they returned, they pledged to join the IVAW (Iraq Veterans Against the War.)

If you don't know what to think about the war, just ask the soldiers.

4,000 American lives valiantly and unselfishly given for freedom and the security of our great nation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

4,000 American lives valiantly and unselfishly given for freedom and the security of our great nation.

Valiantly and unselfishly given, to be sure, but selfishly and mindlessly wasted by our government.

Make no mistake, Ovedya, I have the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform.

Valiantly and unselfishly given, to be sure, but selfishly and mindlessly wasted by our government.

Make no mistake, Ovedya, I have the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform.

So that begs the question: By what measure do you judge whether or not our government and military leaders "waste"?

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

So how did you feel about your guy not wanting to fund them?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

The Military is strictly voluntary, there is no draft.....

every person that is in Iraq, is there by choice, each and every one that is there could have been released from active duty and need not even be there.... ALL VOLUNTARY MILITARY..... even those that have put in 30 years now have done so voluntarily, none have been forced to go.... even those that might have been drafted, are now retired with even up to 30 years of service, would have retired before now.....

I, myself, am glad we have people that are willing to serve, whether here in the USA, or over seas, and yes even in HOT ZONES. HOSTILE FIRE ZONES.

The United States made a commitment, i believe it needs to be fulfilled, completed.....

lets look at it this way.....

You hire me to come and REPLUMB your house, with brand new piping, water supply lines as well as the drain lines. You do not ask for an estimate, but say you will pay at the end of each day..... You do not even ask how long it will take, or how much material will be used....

at the end of the second day, all the drain and vent lines are complete, but you decide that the cost is more then you want it to be, being you have not researched the job, or what a similar job would cost. You do not know how much longer it will take to complete the job, because you have not asked, but you just want it to stop, because you do not want to pay anymore.

now the problem is...........

you still do not have your water supply lines to your house or hooked up to the fixtures, the ditch is dug from the water meter to the house, but there are no supply lines..... and you no longer have your gas lines in tact.

what you do not know is that it will only take one more day to complete the job. and you will have everything updated as far as all your plumbing systems......

you might think that this does not happen, but I assure you, people do this sort of thing..... they start projects like this, unable to do the work themselves, and they DO NOT COUNT THE COST......

the Bible tells us to COUNT THE COST before we start a project.....

if we pull out of Iraq, there will be even more problems there then there is now. if we pull out now, the entire world will watch a bunch of faint hearted people turning tail and running.....

it use to be the French Foreign Legion was the army to fear..... since they pulled out of Viet Nam, they have NO RESPECT...

Have we forgotten the cost of not protecting our nation? of forsaking our "friends"

we made a commitment, let us finish the job.

mike