• Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Day 9;

May the Lord smile on you

Numbers 6:25

Smile on me, your servant; teach me the right way to live.

psalm 119:135

Thinking about My Purpose.

Point To Ponder;

God smiles when I trust Him.

Verse to Remember;

"The Lord is pleased with those who worship Him and trust His Love."

Psalm 147:11

Question to Consider;

Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust Him most?

Every aspect!

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  658
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/01/1965

I've been learning so much during the 40 days of purpose!!

Yukon :huh:

• 1 month later...
Guest shadow2b

-Vellllly interestink--vee-haff-vays--uff-makeink-zhouuu-talk-zhuuuu-know??- :):b:

-vee-vill-be vatchink-&-listenink---zhou-know- :P:rofl: :hug:

Guest Rootabagga

I was just reading through different threads this evening. I don't know weither I am bored or it is the Lords way of getting me to read things I normally wouldn't read after a busy day at work. I came across this thread regarding the 40 days of purpose and it intreged me. My boyfriend gave me a mailer he got about this church about 25 mins from me offering a dinner and this study. I decided to go to it and try it out. I had been goign to church but didn't really have what I would call a commitment to Jesus in ALL areas of my life. I only gave Him what I wanted Him to have control over. I went to the classes every week without it penitrating my out skin, but I did hear it. It wasn't until two of my girls and I were in an accident in the middle of a snow storm on a back woods road, did I realize what that class was trying to teach me. I was like my kids in the back of the car, strapped into their car seats singing a joking song of, "we're stuck, we're gonna die..." and knowing I was safe cause someone else was in control (or so I thought). But when I stepped out of that car and saw the water below our car, less then 2 feet away, did I realize how close I was playing to a scary reality of life. I Thought I was being protected, that the ice bank would always catch me before I went over. That day I realized that someday that ice bank may not be there or it may not hold me back next time. I sat there, in the snow cring while I tried to hand shovel the snow and ice out from under my car. I realized that like my car, I was headed for trouble. I needed to turn EVERYTHING over to Him. I have since reread Rick Warrens book and also gone through "The Purpose Driven Church" and continue to go to that church. I pray you do continue with this thread, it is a very good study and I would be glad to become a part of it.

Guest girlthatrocksforGod

I have already read the book. It was very insightful. I thought was very clever.

• 5 years later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/10/1973

My friend had told me of this book 3 yrs ago and I got a copy and like alot of books we buy with the intent of reading it got set to the side.Years passed and finally I picked it up and wanted to see what it was about. Wel lI have been reading this book for 22 days. It's very insightful and helps me spiritually. For the past 22 days I have been journaling the key points, the areas that stood out to me. I'll copy what I have for day 9.

~The smile of God is the goal of your life.

~The Bible says "Figure out what will please Christ and then do it

~God smiles when we love him supremely

~Our creator wants to fellowship with us. God made you to love you, and he longs for you to love him back.

~" Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment."

~God smiles when we trust him completly.

~Trusting God completely means having faith that he knows what is best for your life.

~The Bible says "He takes pleasure in those that honor him in those who trust in his constant love."

~It took Noah 120 years to build the ark.Yet Noah kept on trusting God.

~Trusting is an act of worship

~The Bible says "Without faith it is impossible to please God"

~God smiles when we obey him wholeheartedly.

~Instant obedience will teach you moreabout God than a lifetime of Bible discussions.

~Obedience unlocks understanding.

~Partial obedience is disobedience.

~Wholehearted obedience is done joyfully. With enthusiam. The Bible says "Obey him gladly"

~Jesus said "If you love me, you will obey my commandments"

~God smiles when we praise and thank him continually.

~We are told to offer to God "The sacrifice of praise" and "the sacrifice of Thanksgiving"

~When we give God enjoyment, our own hearts are filled with joy.

~Psalms says "The righteous are glad and rejoice in his presence; they are happy andshout for joy"

~The Bible tells us " The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. he delights in every detail of their lives.

~Bible says, "God .. generously give us everything for our own enjoyment"

~God loves and enjoys you at every stage of your spiritual development.

These are not my own words but direct quotes from the book. I think this days point to remember corresponds with James 4:8

"Draw near to God and he will draw near to you."

Edited by TJR

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thanks for taking the time to post and bring this thread back up - just what I need. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I find the book "A Purpose Driven Life" disturbing in light of God's Word.

Primarily it's a "Love only gospel."

I.E.

No Biblical judgment.

No cross for the Believers life.

No clear dealing with sin.

No repentance.

No shed blood of Christ for the remission of sins.

These things are foundational for any true born again Believer.

The 15 different Bible versions he used for the book "A Purpose Driven Life" have swayed things towards what it is the author wanted the Lord's Word to say rather than keeping the Word in context...

His favorite "bible" that he uses throughout the book is "The (messy) Message." It is not even a paraphrase, it was more of one persons commentary.

"Christianity Today" magazine in December 2002 interviewed Dr. Eugene Peterson, the author of "The Message" bible. When asked, "Do you consider "The Message" God's Word? This was his answer:

"...in a congregation where somebody uses it in the Scripture reading, it makes me uneasy."

I would never recommend it to be used as, "hear the Word of God from the Message." It surprises me how many do."

"I like to hear those more formal languages in the pulpit."

"I did the Beatitudes in about ten minutes."

If the author himself has said this, the pastors should listen and heed. It was not meant to be a Bible, simply a commentary, and a VERY loose one at that.

In reading the book, "A Purpose Driven Life," I find many problematic areas in light of the Gospel.

I also own "The Purpose Driven Church" book, and equally find many problems with it as well in light of the Bible. I have only scratched the surface here, but many other things are quite disturbing about Rick Warren, his life, and his PDL curriculum.