BFP

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Make Congress accountable for their time and make their positions part time, like they used to be.l That's not really two things, it's just one, under the general heading of "purging the filth and vermin from Washington."

And that should include the white house as well. :th_praying:

I just had one day. Besides, the real power in government is Congress. Bunch of scoundrels they are...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Congress. Bunch of scoundrels they are...

You got that right!!

:th_praying:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I know that it can't really be done in one day, but hypothetically speaking...

sign an executive order for a national day of compassion. every citizen must submit, maybe on tax day April 15th - one thing they did to make life better for a person or an animal for each week during the past calendar year. they must show evidence, maybe a photograph or a signed affadavit of these 52 things.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I would take the no child left behind a step further and have a Bible placed on the desk in every classroom. I would tell the gay rights movement that we could not allow the homosexual movement to come into our schools and teach homosexuality was something people were born with any more than wwe would allow an alcoholic to sit in a classroom and teach children how to drink. I would have the pledge of allegance and the ten commandments placed in gold frames and hung in the halls of every school, including college. I would make it illegal for courts to divorce even hint at children being able to divorce their parents. Never would a condom be passed out or shown in schools and if it was the people responsible would be charged with the crime of promoting sexual permiscuity among our youth.

In other words...zoom in on the problems being created in our nation at the root causes. Our children are a precious jewel given to us by the Lord. We need to protect them from being bombarded by wrong teachings in our schools that are keeping them from loosing out on the best things in life. Keep them from those things that are leading them on a path of distruction!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

Just one day.... seems too short.

I'd put every elected official in congress on a one to five year plan switcharoo with a real regular working person, working for real wages, not living off of an expense account, earning a living, working among the common everyday working folks here they so like to tax every day.

I'd make sure they had to buy their own groceries, do their own clothes shopping, deal with the everyday hassels of fuel prices, groceries, cost of living and trying to make it all work on what they get out of their paychecks... after taxes.

Oh, and then make sure they are not going to get the golden ticket for their own private congressional retirement plan, but get whatever they can out of social security and whatever they can earn out of a regular 401k plan (if their new employer offers it) and retirement when they are ready to retire. Better yet, allow them to be greeters at Wal-mart when they're done, because after taxes and relying on social security, NOBODY is going to really be able to retire. We'll all be working so we can still afford to buy fuel and groceries.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I would probably just spend the day fishing.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  615
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I would totally eliminat Iran's Nuclear program before they are capable of striking Israel.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I would outlaw abortion by Executive Order.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I would pass a law that states I get to be President every year on that day. That way if I get something wrong the first time I could try to make it up next year,lol. :)

Edited by mead4935