jesussaves

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord tells us that He will judge those without...we just need to be salt and light.

OHHH my soul cries out for the Lord to sweep across this nation with a revival that will change lives and open those blind eyes!

The I am's are spreading and trying to up root The I AM.

The gays have infiltrated our t.v networks and we cannot even flick a channel without being exposed to sickening acts of perversion...yes I did say perversion! The network stations are becoming more obscene by the day. I had to contain myself from throwing my t.v. out the door today! And I only had it on for less than 30 minutes!! I don't have cable t.v....so you would think I could by pass that junk...network is becoming worse than walking down a street called Sodom.

PLEASE don't think I don't love everyone with the love of the Lord. I do. But I hate the sin that is being pushed across this nation. I am beginning to realize more and more how Lot felt when he was vexed by the sin and terrible language all around him daily. I can't afford all those blockers that block out bad stuff...so I will probably be forced to give up my t.v. one day...hummm...probably a good idea anyway.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

lol You know what's nuts? Here we pay $125.00 a month for Comcast cable and the only thing on our TV most evenings is a DVD. You are right; TV has really sunk to new lows as of late. There's the odd good show, but they are few and far between.

In 1961, Newton Minnow gave a speech to the National Association of Broadcasters. Get a load of some of what he had to say:

I admire your courage--but that doesn't mean I would make life any easier for you. Your license lets you use the public's airwaves as trustees for 180 million Americans. The public is your beneficiary. If you want to stay on as trustees, you must deliver a decent return to the public--not only to your stockholders. So, as a representative of the public, your health and your product are among my chief concerns.

I have confidence in your health. But not in your product. I am here to uphold and protect the public interest. What do we mean by "the public interest?" Some say the public interest is merely what interests the public. I disagree.

When television is good, nothing--not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers--nothing is better.

But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite you to sit down in front of your television set when your station goes on the air and stay there without a book, magazine, newspaper, profit and-loss sheet or rating book to distract you--and keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that you will observe a vast wasteland.

You will see a procession of game shows, violence, audience-participation shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families, blood and thunder, mayhem, violence, sadism, murder, western badmen, western good men, private eyes, gangsters, more violence and cartoons. And, endlessly, commercials--many screaming, cajoling and offending. And most of all, boredom. True, you will see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, very few. And if you think I exaggerate, try it.

Why is so much of television so bad? I have heard many answers: demands of your advertisers; competition for ever-higher ratings; the need always to attract a mass audience; the high cost of television programs; the insatiable appetite for programming material--these are some of them. Unquestionably these are tough problems not susceptible to easy answers.

But I am not convinced that you have tried hard enough to solve them . . . and I am not convinced that the people's taste is as low as some of you assume.

If parents, teachers and ministers conducted their responsibilities by following the ratings, children would have a steady diet of ice cream, school holidays and no Sunday school. What about your responsibilities? There are some fine children's shows, but they are drowned out in the massive doses of cartoons, violence and more violence. Must these be your trademarks?

Television and all who participate in it are jointly accountable to the American public for respect for the special needs of children, for community responsibility, for the advancement of education and culture, for the acceptability of the program materials chosen, for decency and decorum in production, and for propriety in advertising. This responsibility cannot be discharged by any given group of programs, but can be discharged only through the highest standards of respect for the American home, applied to every moment of every program presented by television. Program materials should enlarge the horizons of the viewer, provide him with wholesome entertainment, afford helpful stimulation, and remind him of the responsibilities which the citizen has toward his society.

These words are not mine. They are yours. They are taken literally from your own Television Code. They reflect the leadership and aspirations of your own great industry. I urge you to respect them as I do.

We need imagination in programming, not sterility; creativity, not imitation; experimentation, not conformity; excellence, not mediocrity. Television is filled with creative, imaginative people. You must strive to set them free.

The power of instantaneous sight and sound is without precedent in mankind's history. This is an awesome power. It has limitless capabilities for good--and for evil. And it carries with it awesome responsibilities--responsibilities which you and I cannot escape.

I urge you to put the people's airwaves to the service of the people and the cause of freedom.

• Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

lol You know what's nuts? Here we pay $125.00 a month for Comcast cable and the only thing on our TV most evenings is a DVD. You are right; TV has really sunk to new lows as of late. There's the odd good show, but they are few and far between.

In 1961, Newton Minnow gave a speech to the National Association of Broadcasters. Get a load of some of what he had to say:

I admire your courage--but that doesn't mean I would make life any easier for you. Your license lets you use the public's airwaves as trustees for 180 million Americans. The public is your beneficiary. If you want to stay on as trustees, you must deliver a decent return to the public--not only to your stockholders. So, as a representative of the public, your health and your product are among my chief concerns.

I have confidence in your health. But not in your product. I am here to uphold and protect the public interest. What do we mean by "the public interest?" Some say the public interest is merely what interests the public. I disagree.

When television is good, nothing--not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers--nothing is better.

But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite you to sit down in front of your television set when your station goes on the air and stay there without a book, magazine, newspaper, profit and-loss sheet or rating book to distract you--and keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that you will observe a vast wasteland.

You will see a procession of game shows, violence, audience-participation shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families, blood and thunder, mayhem, violence, sadism, murder, western badmen, western good men, private eyes, gangsters, more violence and cartoons. And, endlessly, commercials--many screaming, cajoling and offending. And most of all, boredom. True, you will see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, very few. And if you think I exaggerate, try it.

Why is so much of television so bad? I have heard many answers: demands of your advertisers; competition for ever-higher ratings; the need always to attract a mass audience; the high cost of television programs; the insatiable appetite for programming material--these are some of them. Unquestionably these are tough problems not susceptible to easy answers.

But I am not convinced that you have tried hard enough to solve them . . . and I am not convinced that the people's taste is as low as some of you assume.

If parents, teachers and ministers conducted their responsibilities by following the ratings, children would have a steady diet of ice cream, school holidays and no Sunday school. What about your responsibilities? There are some fine children's shows, but they are drowned out in the massive doses of cartoons, violence and more violence. Must these be your trademarks?

Television and all who participate in it are jointly accountable to the American public for respect for the special needs of children, for community responsibility, for the advancement of education and culture, for the acceptability of the program materials chosen, for decency and decorum in production, and for propriety in advertising. This responsibility cannot be discharged by any given group of programs, but can be discharged only through the highest standards of respect for the American home, applied to every moment of every program presented by television. Program materials should enlarge the horizons of the viewer, provide him with wholesome entertainment, afford helpful stimulation, and remind him of the responsibilities which the citizen has toward his society.

These words are not mine. They are yours. They are taken literally from your own Television Code. They reflect the leadership and aspirations of your own great industry. I urge you to respect them as I do.

We need imagination in programming, not sterility; creativity, not imitation; experimentation, not conformity; excellence, not mediocrity. Television is filled with creative, imaginative people. You must strive to set them free.

The power of instantaneous sight and sound is without precedent in mankind's history. This is an awesome power. It has limitless capabilities for good--and for evil. And it carries with it awesome responsibilities--responsibilities which you and I cannot escape.

I urge you to put the people's airwaves to the service of the people and the cause of freedom.

;):emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

My wife told me...a few years ago she believes the anti-christ will come out of the entertainment industry. With the power and influence it has across the world, I believe she may be right.

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65

That's from 1961. They'd be appalled by what goes on now.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

We turned our TV off years ago and find that we are horrified when we do happen to watch it again (in a motel room, for example). We have a lot of DVD's, but we can choose what we want to watch. We also have lots of time to do Bible study that we would have otherwise wasted. In life we have many choices, and you can choose not to watch TV. There are times when I feel really left out of conversations, but on the other hand who cares if I don't know what happend on American Idol or other shows.

I pray for revival all the time, and I have come to realize that the only person I can change (or allow God to change) is me. I can influence my family and my community. Each one who I might influence have their own circle of friends whom they influence. But it comes down to me - and my relationship with God, and the choices I make.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The Lord tells us that He will judge those without...we just need to be salt and light.

OHHH my soul cries out for the Lord to sweep across this nation with a revival that will change lives and open those blind eyes!

The gays have infiltrated our t.v networks and we cannot even flick a channel without being exposed to sickening acts of perversion...yes I did say perversion! The network stations are becoming more obscene by the day. I had to contain myself from throwing my t.v. out the door today! And I only had it on for less than 30 minutes!! I don't have cable t.v....so you would think I could by pass that junk...network is becoming worse than walking down a street called Sodom.

PLEASE don't think I don't love everyone with the love of the Lord. I do. But I hate the sin that is being pushed across this nation. I am beginning to realize more and more how Lot felt when he was vexed by the sin and terrible language all around him daily. I can't afford all those blockers that block out bad stuff...so I will probably be forced to give up my t.v. one day...hummm...probably a good idea anyway.

I HAVE HEARD MANY TIMES PEOPLE TALK OF PRAYING FOR GOD TO COME DOWN AND BRING REVIVAL AND HAVE PRAYER SESSIONS FOR INTERCESSION AND GET PEOPLE TO GET SAVED OR REVIVE THOSE THAT ARE AND IT PERPLEXES ME. DON'T WE BELIEVE THAT GOD DOES NOT FORCE HIMSELF ON ANYONE? OR MAKE THEM DO HIS WILL SO HOW CAN HE MAKE YOU MORE EXCITED OR A SINNER SAVED. IF THAT WAS THE WAY GOD WORKED THEN HE WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED JESUS, OR US EITHER. STOP ASKING GOD TO DO WHAT HE ASKED US TO DO. "GO AND MAKE DECIPLES" PAUL SAID HE ENCOURAGED HIMSELF IN THE LORD. IF WE WANT REVIVAL THEN WE SHOULD START WITH OURSELVES AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND FOCUS ON WHAT'S GOING ON IN OUR OWN LIVES

• Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

I HAVE HEARD MANY TIMES PEOPLE TALK OF PRAYING FOR GOD TO COME DOWN AND BRING REVIVAL AND HAVE PRAYER SESSIONS FOR INTERCESSION AND GET PEOPLE TO GET SAVED OR REVIVE THOSE THAT ARE AND IT PERPLEXES ME. DON'T WE BELIEVE THAT GOD DOES NOT FORCE HIMSELF ON ANYONE? OR MAKE THEM DO HIS WILL SO HOW CAN HE MAKE YOU MORE EXCITED OR A SINNER SAVED. IF THAT WAS THE WAY GOD WORKED THEN HE WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED JESUS, OR US EITHER. STOP ASKING GOD TO DO WHAT HE ASKED US TO DO. "GO AND MAKE DECIPLES" PAUL SAID HE ENCOURAGED HIMSELF IN THE LORD. IF WE WANT REVIVAL THEN WE SHOULD START WITH OURSELVES AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE WORLD AND FOCUS ON WHAT'S GOING ON IN OUR OWN LIVES

Amen, Amen, Amen, I couldn't agree more. I think too many people are waiting for God to come down and wave a magic wand. It won't work that way. If people want revival it starts from the inside. It works from the inside out. Not the outside in. Altacall you will definately be a blessing on W.B.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Absolutely! If each of us changes ourselves, and witnesses to those around us, that can add up to a lot of Christian influence very quickly. Most of us have become leery of speaking about God to others, not wanting to offend. Well, I say let's offend them; what is the worst that can happen? They can tell us to get lost but....they might just listen. :whistling: