IGNORED

disgusted!

jesussaves

.... With digital coming in Feb. 09 most TV's won't pick up signal, if mine doesn't I'll be ok with that.
.... The only people that will have a problem will be those who still use a reg. roof antena or use rabbit ears to get reception which if I had to guess is like 1% of the population these days. lol
:thumbsup: from a member of that 1%.

:24::24::24:

Me Too :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know the reason the gov is making us switch to digital?

• Topic Count:  210
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Does anyone know the reason the gov is making us switch to digital?

Why are we switching to DTV?

An important benefit of the switch to all-digital broadcasting is that it will free up parts of the valuable broadcast spectrum for public safety communications (such as police, fire departments, and rescue squads). Also, some of the spectrum will be auctioned to companies that will be able to provide consumers with more advanced wireless services (such as wireless broadband).

Consumers also benefit because digital broadcasting allows stations to offer improved picture and sound quality, and digital is much more efficient than analog. For example, rather than being limited to providing one analog program, a broadcaster is able to offer a super sharp

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

I have basic cable but my kids want me to upgrade it.

Grab a couple Veggie Tales. :thumbsup:

I've watched some of these more times than I can count with my 6yr old girl...they never get old. :th_praying:

I have teens. :emot-hug:

Guest LadyC

i wouldn't have tv without cable... cable is the only thing that offers any programming that is worth watching anymore. (except for abc's "lost" LOL.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

In 1993 I saw a bumper sticker that read....Kill your TV.....

With digital coming in Feb. 09 most TV's won't pick up signal, if mine doesn't I'll be ok with that.

That's not true that's just what the retailers and media want you to believe so you'll run out and spend a couple thousand on a brand new HD-TV.

The truth is as long as you already have Cable or Satellite like Direct TV or Dish Network everything will switch over without a problem. Of course you won't get HD reception without HD hookup but you won't get the dreaded black screen or white noise everyone talks about. The only people that will have a problem will be those who still use a reg. roof antena or use rabbit ears to get reception which if I had to guess is like 1% of the population these days. lol

:24: from a member of that 1%.

we do not even have one on the roof, it is sitting on top of the TV......

we get channels, 7, 12, 14, 16, 26, 49 all the time out of Joplin Mo, and Pittsburgh Ks..... on some days we can get channel 8 and 11 out of Tulsa, Ok. thought about hooking up a roof top antenna, but if everything goes digital this next year, that will be a waste of time.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/17/1953

The Lord tells us that He will judge those without...we just need to be salt and light.

OHHH my soul cries out for the Lord to sweep across this nation with a revival that will change lives and open those blind eyes!

The I am's are spreading and trying to up root The I AM.

The gays have infiltrated our t.v networks and we cannot even flick a channel without being exposed to sickening acts of perversion...yes I did say perversion! The network stations are becoming more obscene by the day. I had to contain myself from throwing my t.v. out the door today! And I only had it on for less than 30 minutes!! I don't have cable t.v....so you would think I could by pass that junk...network is becoming worse than walking down a street called Sodom.

PLEASE don't think I don't love everyone with the love of the Lord. I do. But I hate the sin that is being pushed across this nation. I am beginning to realize more and more how Lot felt when he was vexed by the sin and terrible language all around him daily. I can't afford all those blockers that block out bad stuff...so I will probably be forced to give up my t.v. one day...hummm...probably a good idea anyway.

Two words come to my mind..."Latter Days." :blink:

Guest GodisLove87
fox news

Sure beats PMSNBC (aka MSLSD) and the Clinton News Network.

I watch Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, TBN and other documentaries and sport channels.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

In 1993 I saw a bumper sticker that read....Kill your TV.....

With digital coming in Feb. 09 most TV's won't pick up signal, if mine doesn't I'll be ok with that.

That's not true that's just what the retailers and media want you to believe so you'll run out and spend a couple thousand on a brand new HD-TV.

The truth is as long as you already have Cable or Satellite like Direct TV or Dish Network everything will switch over without a problem. Of course you won't get HD reception without HD hookup but you won't get the dreaded black screen or white noise everyone talks about. The only people that will have a problem will be those who still use a reg. roof antena or use rabbit ears to get reception which if I had to guess is like 1% of the population these days. lol

Hi Shad....well I do have an HDTV and it's hooked up to a roof antenna....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/20/1976

This may come off as sounding rude...and I deeply apologize if it does but.....

If you don't like what's on...turn the channel.