• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Found today's [saturday April 12, 2008] Yahoo news quite startling and unusual: 3 of the 5 articles under "Science" reporting on earthquakes happening {2 today, 1 yesterday}.

1. swarm near Oregon, USA. Normally swarm occur when a volcano is about to erupt-but no volcano near there.

2. a 7.1 Richter near Australia.

3. a small quake near Rome, Italy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080412/ap_on_...wTVqoKSV3is0NUE

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080412/ap_on_...ATsJyFlozCs0NUE

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080412/ap_on_...dExfd7l.9Ks0NUE

********************************************************************************

********************************************************************************

This one re USA research into hoof and mouth I found quite disturbing. Recall that back a few decades ago USA denied that biological/chemical research escaping from government/military caused deaths of ranchers' livestock [admission that deaths were caused by this research into "germ warfare" were made many years later. As I recall-don't trust my memory!-was some kind of poison gas that killed a number of animals[sheep?]]:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080411/ap_on_...W5Q0fvG7w6s0NUE

________________________________________________________________________________

Select/copy/paste of that section under Yahoo news:

Science

AP Reuters AFP SPACE.com LiveScience.com NPR My Sources

AP

Homeowners feel heat in West coal boom AP - Sat Apr 12, 5:02 AM ET

Swarm of earthquakes detected off Oregon AP - Sat Apr 12, 1:04 AM ET

Accidents at disease lab acknowledged AP - Fri Apr 11, 7:12 PM ET

Powerful 7.1 quake in Southern Ocean AP - Fri Apr 11, 11:56 PM ET

Earthquake shakes hills near Rome AP - Sat Apr 12, 8:06 AM ET

Edited by ajesuschrist_mathetes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I do find the earthquakes very interesting. I get notification from the USGS when on occurs which is over 3.0. Since the first of the year there have been almost 1100. The ones off of the Oregon coast are very interesting. The Loyalty Islands have been having lots of them -- and big ones, too.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

there are always earthquakes happening.... here is just a few....

Magnitude 7.1 MACQUARIE ISLAND REGION April 12, 2008

Magnitude 7.3 LOYALTY ISLANDS April 09, 2008

Magnitude 7.2 XINJIANG-XIZANG BORDER REGION March 20, 2008

Magnitude 6.4 VANUATU March 12, 2008

02/06/08 - 2008 National Earthquake Conference: Understanding Earthquakes: From Research to Resilience

Magnitude 5.0

Date-Time

* Wednesday, April 09, 2008 at 11:04:31 PM at epicenter

Location 43.984

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

could be a previously undiscovered under water Volcanoe maybe :thumbsup:

We should also keep a close eye on Mt. St. Helens in the future as it is rapidly developing a new cone replacing the one that was blown apart back in 1980 that and Mt. Rainier scares the crap out of me because it's clasified as an active volcanoe and is way way way overdue but yet hardly anyone talks about it and the danger it presents to the tens of millions of people who would be in it's path.

Edited by Shad

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  421

Mt. Rainier scares the crap out of me because it's clasified as an active volcanoe and is way way way overdue but yet hardly anyone talks about it and the danger it presents to the tens of millions of people who would be in it's path.

"Lahars from Rainier pose the most risk to life and property, as many communities lie atop older lahar deposits. Not only is there much ice atop the volcano, the volcano is also slowly being weakened by hydrothermal activity. According to Geoff Clayton, a geologist with RH2, a repeat of the Osceola mudflow would destroy Enumclaw, Kent, Auburn, and most or all of Renton.[4] Such a mudflow might also reach down the Duwamish estuary and destroy parts of downtown Seattle, and cause tsunamis in Puget Sound and Lake Washington. According to USGS, about 150,000 people live on top of old lahar deposits of Rainier.[1] Rainier is also capable of producing pyroclastic flows as well as lava."

(Wikipedia Mt_Rainer)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

Mt. Rainier scares the crap out of me because it's clasified as an active volcanoe and is way way way overdue but yet hardly anyone talks about it and the danger it presents to the tens of millions of people who would be in it's path.

"Lahars from Rainier pose the most risk to life and property, as many communities lie atop older lahar deposits. Not only is there much ice atop the volcano, the volcano is also slowly being weakened by hydrothermal activity. According to Geoff Clayton, a geologist with RH2, a repeat of the Osceola mudflow would destroy Enumclaw, Kent, Auburn, and most or all of Renton.[4] Such a mudflow might also reach down the Duwamish estuary and destroy parts of downtown Seattle, and cause tsunamis in Puget Sound and Lake Washington. According to USGS, about 150,000 people live on top of old lahar deposits of Rainier.[1] Rainier is also capable of producing pyroclastic flows as well as lava."

(Wikipedia Mt_Rainer)

Ok I stand corrected it's tens of thousands not millions but I think you get the idea I was trying to make

"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."

John 3:36

Ok I stand corrected

:thumbsup:

Amen!

And If It Is Your Loved Ones That Die.....

:unsure:

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

Psalms 46:1-3

:wub:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  12/11/1977

Amen Joe!

I live in Washington, I used to be afraid of Mt. Ranier but now if God is with me, what then shall I fear? If God choses to bring me home in a natural disaster such as a volcano or tsunami, what a historic way to go.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Wondering why no comments re link I gave re USA's biological research.

Did a Google yesterday to check my memory re USA sheep deaths decades ago due to military nerve gas escaping in midwest:first denials, then admission later. Found this:

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/74sep/henahan.htm

Article is from 1974, during the Cold War. Invite you to to read it {common knowledge that the USA supplied Iraq and Saddam Hussein with chemical weapons when he was USA's "man" in the Mideast fighting Iran in the 1980s, which he used on his own people the Kurds and against Iran. Believe also common knowledge that the CIA trained Bin Laden and Muslim fighters in Afghanistan to defeat the USSR in the 1980s}. Selected this little piece of article, which mentions the possibility of terrorism if these kind of weapons got into the wrong hands:

The Atlantic Monthly | September 1974

The Nerve Gas Controversy

Binary weapons are a "quantum jump in safety," says the Army. They are a quantum jump in the danger of a boom in do-it-yourself chemical weapons, say the Army's critics.

by John F. Henahan

To the public, the Army stresses that the binary system, if given the go-ahead, would represent a "quantum jump in safety" over our present stockpile of 50 million pounds of nerve-gas agents. The binaries would help the Army solve a major public relations problem that threatened to scuttle the entire chemical-warfare program in the late sixties. At the time, the public had begun to wonder whether the Army's chemical weapons might be as big a threat to their own lives as they were to the enemy's. In short succession a nerve-gas test accidentally killed 64,000 sheep in Utah, a series of nerve-gas leaks broke out in various storage depots, and the Army floated a plan, since abandoned, to ship 27,000 tons of chemical munitions across the country for burial at sea. The Army seems to feel that the binary system's safety features will make the hazards of the past less likely and at the same time lower the level of revulsion that the idea of chemical weapons arouses in most people.

Arguing that production of binary weapons should be postponed at this time, Price suggested that the safety factor was far outweighed by the possibility that initiation of the program could easily "serve as a moral sanction for other nations to do likewise, and so tend to encourage proliferation of these weapons.

"A greater concern of the American Chemical Society is that the more such know-how is developed, especially in an open society like that of the United States, the more readily the technology can be disseminated to less developed nations. Furthermore, the simplicity and accessibility of the components of the binary agents make this weapon potentially available to terrorists." And this indeed is most frightening aspect of the binary-weapons debate. The hazards and costs of building and storing conventional chemical weapons are great enough to deter small countries, not to mention urban guerrillas, from getting into the binary business. The same "quantum jump in safety" our Army emphasizes in making the case for binaries, together with the ease of production of which Price speaks, amounts to an invitation to an appalling proliferation of the weapon.

Dr. Robinson agrees with Price, adding that because most small countries have the means for manufacturing binary nerve-gas weapons, their use these nations in a small-scale foray could quickly mushroom into an international calamity.

"Suppose, for example, that a client government of the United States decided to acquire nerve gas and then used it to escalate a local conflict. There very little anti-gas protection available outside Europe, and under such circumstances, the consequences of nerve-gas employment could be mass destruction on a large scale. How conceivable is it that a direct superpower confrontation could not be avoided? Or look at it another way. What if a Client government of the Soviet Union did this? Could the resultant pressures for direct U.S. intervention be resisted? One need look no further than the Middle East to envisage the enormous dangers to world peace of proliferation."

Also found this re similar kind of government/military experiments and coverups in England:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...ire/4013767.stm

As I have been sharing here on worthyboards, this Scripture came to more shortly before USA's 2000 Presidential election:

Hsa 8:7 For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind:...

Edited by ajesuschrist_mathetes

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

I do find the earthquakes very interesting. I get notification from the USGS when on occurs which is over 3.0. Since the first of the year there have been almost 1100. The ones off of the Oregon coast are very interesting. The Loyalty Islands have been having lots of them -- and big ones, too.

<>< ><>

Nathele

With respect i would love to know the fascination with earthquakes....and why?