IGNORED

Wearing Pants on Vistiation (aka, Soulwinning)

kittylover0991

Guest LadyC
Some things are etched in stone. Some things need to be defended tooth and nail. No quarter should be asked or given. This is not one of those subjects. People hate to hear it, but it's legalism, and it's legalism of the worst kind. People are trying to short circuit the personal conviction process and turn church attendance into a bunch of do's and don'ts, and if that isn't legalism, I don't know what is. People are being judged on the item of clothing they are wearing, and it's wrong. You are presuming that you know why they are wearing a pair of pants when you have no idea why. We have freedom in Christ and it is freedom from this exact kind of thinking. If a man or woman is purposely dressing to appear as the opposite gender, they have way more severe spiritual problems that just what they are wearing. To transfer that onto any woman who wears a pair of slacks is painting every woman with a broad brush, and saying they are all trying to be like men and that line of thought is, as the Car Talk guys would say. . . B-O-o-O-G-U-S.

a big amen to that! to every word of it!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

I have heard this before and totally dissagree. The verse is clearly speaking about cross dressing. The word geber was indeed translated to man, and the word means a valiant man or warrior as you stated. It also means a person simply: every one, man x mighty. It is also the same word that was used in Deuteronomy 22:8, which says "When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence." If one was to believe your conclusions were correct, it would only be a problem if a warrior were to fall from the roof, and not a common man. We know that is not the case . . .

I would be inclined to give your comments more credence if your statement about the word Hebrew

This Might (Or Not) Fit Into A Fashion Board Discussion

>>>>><<<<<

To Know The LORD

Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 9:23-24

Is Eternal Life

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

John 17:3

So By Faith

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:6

See Him

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:14-16

And Delight God

>>>>><<<<<

Step By Step Walk With The Lord Our God

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13:35

Pray For A Heart After God's Desire

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

Psalms 27:4

Drink From The Fountainhead

I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah

Psalms 143:6

Cherish The Beloved

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Philippians 2:3

Adore God

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psalms 46:10

Amen

:)

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I see I've been misquoted again. If you want to know what I said in regards to the impression of skirts always/cults it is this.

That OTHERS might see it as cult-like strictness or that before I was a Christian I might have seen it like cult like strictness.

However, the more we talk about it though, the more I am seeing it as cult-like strictness. And the only church I'd ever heard of that ever made women wear dresses all of the time was a cult.

I noticed you simply don't want to let anyone know your denomination, so I'll assume you're in some independant wacky church.

Butero, you are well aware of the concept of legalism. Most legalistists will turn from their ways when shown their error but a true legalist that the devil has a true stronghold on his mind will continue to deny that the concept even exists.

I feel sorry for you, but more for all of those you come into contact with.

Now, what is suitable attire for swimming? A dress? Pants? A bathing suit? What does the gospel of Butero say?

And before I am misquoted again, I do not think it is wrong for women to decide for themselves to wear skirts. It is their decision.

The problem is viewing it as a sin for other people.

It's strange how i have all of the patience in the world for the lost, the dying but when it comes to Christians who are repeatedly in error and pushing it on others i have none. Maybe God gives me none. Maybe he has none for them in this regard either.

Guest LadyC

butero, i stand by what i said. you are ACCUSING any woman who wears a pair of jeans or pants as SINNING by doing so, when the Bible does NOT support your accusation. that's pushing your view. on the flip side, i have NEVER said that wearing skirts is a sin, or anything of the sort. so no, i'm not pushing my views. i'm telling you that it is wrong for you to be making such accusations that are not supported biblically.

i lost credibility with you by saying "some" dresses are immodest? goodness. you lost credibility on this topic in my eyes long before that. if you can't tell the difference between a dress that is cut to the belly button or is so short that a woman's cheeks are in full view, and one that appropriately covers a woman's anatomy, then i don't know what to say.

the good news is, it's only on THIS issue that i find you to be lacking any credibility. on most issues, you and i generally agree. so no hard feelings on my part.

I have all of the world of respect for Island Rose as I did for my own grandmother who was a modern mennonite who always wore a dress or a skirt and she never once said a thing about it to her daughters or granddaughters so I have to believe it was her own personal conviction, which I do respect, so please don't misquote us.

Cobalt - I have tried the 'take it to God' approach in yet the last thread about women wearing pants but I doubt it would do any good. I asked the legalists to pray for me. "Please God convict Arstylady of her wearing pants. Show her that wearing pants is a sin". If they were to even do this with sincerity, their hearts would change.

Some people just want to argue for the sake of it. I am pretty sure of it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/25/1970

I am absolutely, :noidea: What are your positions on this matter?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

blah blah blah...18 pages of re-runs from every other thread that is started about women, modesty and what they should or should not wear and still(just as always) there has not been a middle ground reached....why am I not surprised? :noidea:

Sometimes it is best just to keep out of these places. And this thread is a perfect example of lack of meat being fed to each other in this place. I'm sick to death of milk!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/25/1970

blah blah blah...18 pages of re-runs from every other thread that is started about women, modesty and what they should or should not wear and still(just as always) there has not been a middle ground reached....why am I not surprised? :noidea:

Sometimes it is best just to keep out of these places. And this thread is a perfect example of lack of meat being fed to each other in this place. I'm sick to death of milk!

Because it happens quite often. Some times I think James had a revelation about the net when he wrote his letter.