artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

let's keep in touch then - i never thought i would can things but i'm going to give it a try this year too, God willing.

Yes, we'll learn together.

i guess if i drop out of sight in the fall, y'all will know i gave myself botulism

:whistling:

They will also last two years or so. I've decided that, a year from now, if I haven't used any of this stuff I will begin to donate it to the food pantry at the church while it's still within a year of it's expiration date. No way could I just let it spoil and throw it away

Good idea.

I know flour has an expiration date. Learned that at my fil's when I was trying to use his bread machine with dated flour and dated yeast. He insisted it would be okay so I tried. Turned out like glue. Yuck.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Fraught,

There aren't many people that mention the eastern leg of Roman, I think looking that way can't hurt at all. :) But I wouldn't count out the EU yet. There are rumblings that there will be a council of sorts made up of 10 individuals, who become the final say and that they hold no loyalty to the country of their birth. Now thats a scary thought if it ever comes to pass.

This food shortage is being forced on the world right now, imo. There are so many that are starving all over this world, its heartbreaking yet we have to wonder why the price of wheat, rice or any grain went up so fast. It might be leading to some kind of control. Who knows right now I certainly don't. I for one think there is a gobal governance coming down the bend just how long will it take to actually get here is still up in the air.

This new 'church' of oprahs isn't a new fad but one that keeps getting rehashed as I think someone might have mentioned. I do think pehaps some of those that start with that may end up joining the new emergent church. Just think what would happen if all these 'churches' started joining together and finding a voice truely their own.

Just think what would happen if all these 'churches' started joining together and finding a voice truely their own.

The writing is on the wall. The newest thing being taught is that Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed were all equal messengers. And a new one messenger is likely to arise for the present day and age to unite them all.

The obvious thing people don't want to look at is the fact that these 'messengers' contradicted each other so blatantly. And that Jesus didn't claim to be a messenger or prophet. He claimed to be truth and the ONLY way. They conveniently choose to ignore the obvious.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Just think what would happen if all these 'churches' started joining together and finding a voice truely their own.

The writing is on the wall. The newest thing being taught is that Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed were all equal messengers. And a new one messenger is likely to arise for the present day and age to unite them all.

The obvious thing people don't want to look at is the fact that these 'messengers' contradicted each other so blatantly. And that Jesus didn't claim to be a messenger or prophet. He claimed to be truth and the ONLY way. They conveniently choose to ignore the obvious.

True. but this is the foundation of the Emergent Church ... find what is common in all faiths and forget the rest. They all spoke of love, so they start there. If anything causes a division, they will leave it out.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

<<<The writing is on the wall. The newest thing being taught is that Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed were all equal messengers. And a new one messenger is likely to arise for the present day and age to unite them all.>>

I would have to agree that the handwriting is out there for all that want to see it. I don't really see the 'churches' contracting one another though, they seem to be teaching the same basics, love of self. I even heard one of the 'ministers' from one of these offshoots say just that, that if ya can't love yourself how can ya love others etc. The prosperity gospel and all that stuff is nonsense, imo.

<<<but this is the foundation of the Emergent Church ... find what is common in all faiths and forget the rest. They all spoke of love, so they start there. If anything causes a division, they will leave it out.>>>

YES! Roger Oakland speaks about this often. Where does it all go from here? To the end of days religion of unity, one world religion. Also the emergent church speaks of not having the whole truth that there is no real truth since things have been so messed up etc. They seem not to take the bible as any kind of truth either since there are many different interpertations so they say. Anyone not familiar with this should take a look around some of the websites.

My own mother who has been going to the same church for just about 30 years had a new preacher come in with some of these new ideas. Some of the older members had no idea what was going on but some of the younger members really liked what was being taught. Things came to a head a few weeks ago when the deaf minister wouldn't translate some of what the guy was trying to teach. Some heated words were said and the new minister quit and many of the younger ones left the church and are now having bible study in private homes till a new church is found for them. My poor mom had no idea what the emergent church was until I explained it to her but after all she is almost 78! Although she has a few words to say about some of those tv preachers. :thumbsup: We all should be watchful and keep these people in our prayers.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

We should also be aware of how they operate, what they do and do not believe and who they are!

I would have to agree that the handwriting is out there for all that want to see it. I don't really see the 'churches' contracting one another though, they seem to be teaching the same basics, love of self. I even heard one of the 'ministers' from one of these offshoots say just that, that if ya can't love yourself how can ya love others etc. The prosperity gospel and all that stuff is nonsense, imo.

They're not contradicting each other. They seem to forget that the so-called messengers Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna - and the real one Jesus, contradicted each other. They convieniently forget about the major contradictions.

<<<but this is the foundation of the Emergent Church ... find what is common in all faiths and forget the rest. They all spoke of love, so they start there. If anything causes a division, they will leave it out.>>>

YES! Roger Oakland speaks about this often. Where does it all go from here? To the end of days religion of unity, one world religion. Also the emergent church speaks of not having the whole truth that there is no real truth since things have been so messed up etc. They seem not to take the bible as any kind of truth either since there are many different interpertations so they say. Anyone not familiar with this should take a look around some of the websites.

My own mother who has been going to the same church for just about 30 years had a new preacher come in with some of these new ideas. Some of the older members had no idea what was going on but some of the younger members really liked what was being taught. Things came to a head a few weeks ago when the deaf minister wouldn't translate some of what the guy was trying to teach. Some heated words were said and the new minister quit and many of the younger ones left the church and are now having bible study in private homes till a new church is found for them. My poor mom had no idea what the emergent church was until I explained it to her but after all she is almost 78! Although she has a few words to say about some of those tv preachers. We all should be watchful and keep these people in our prayers.

Wow, wolves in sheeps clothing ripping away the young and naive. Scary.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

I am wondering if Eckhart Tolle fits the profile of the antichrist. Can someone give me a decent rundown on what we are expecting to see as far as the traits of the antichrist? I know about miracles, but what else? Is he supposed to be from Jewish lineage?

1Jn 2:18 Little children, it is the last time. And just as you have heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have risen up, from which we know that it is the last hour.

1Jn 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they were of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out so that it might be revealed that they were not all of us.

1Jn 2:20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.

1Jn 2:21 I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and know that no lie is of the truth.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He who denies the Father and the Son is antichrist.

I can state to you the reality that Mr. Eckhart Tolle does not believe in Jesus Christ as Son; does not believe in the Father and does not believe in the Spirit of God. Nor does he believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, the Great I AM or the annointed Messiah, Savior of the world -- you and I.

As a non-believer, Mr. Tolle fits the "profile" put forth by James in the scripture above. Mr. Tolle uses Jesus Christ only in ways that he chooses (a-la-carte) in order to borrow from the credibility of Jesus Christ to bring himself an air of credibiilty. Yet, not the true credibility, but the validity and credibility that people have in themselves. Mr. Tolle has some interesting and wonderful revelations to a VERY SMALL degree. Yet, he misses the greatest camel of all -- swallowing it whole: Mr. Tolle has no clue of his enslavement to his own flesh and that TRUE FREEDOM is found in the impartation of the Spirit of God and the transformation of our enslaved human mind in to the Mind of Christ born in us OF the Spirit (Mind) of God, Spirit of Truth.

I have read two of Mr. Tolle's books, from cover to cover. I have listened to one of his CD sets many times. I find there is a kernel of truth, but the kernel is overshadowed hugely by the mountain of error: chiefly -- He has zero clue of the source of his mental enslavement and cannot see his need for the Spirit of God, the Spirit of Christ, the Spirit of Truth and the transformation of his mind from enslavement to his flesh to freedom by the impartation of the Mind of Christ in him.

Mr. Tolle quote Jesus Christ in small degrees to support his wisdom, his way, his thoughts and his mind, which is feeding his flesh and is deeply enslaved to the lusts of his flesh. He believes he has freedom from thought, when in actual reality he is still deeply enslaved to the lusts of his flesh and does not know the gift of the Spirit of God, which is the inborn Mind of Christ formed in him, free from bondage to the lusts of his flesh.

This is most obvious is his lack of knowing to lead others to Christ, to worshipping the Father in the Spirit and in Truth. The is further demonstrated in the fact that he hold other "prophets" and "spiritual leaders" much higher than Jesus Christ (i.e. Buddha, Muhammad, et al). Thus, as I have stated already, the small kernel of truth is swallowed up in the mountain of error and made to no affect as only true freedom is born of the Mind of Christ born in us by the Spirit of God, to the glory, lifting and worship of the Father.

While I find the kernel of truth he does have is powerful, it is ONLY so when placed in context of Jesus Christ and the Word of God. Outside of being subject to Christ and acknowledgement of Jesus Christ for who He actually is -- Son of God, Savior, King, Lord and so on -- the core truth to what Mr. Tolle speaks to is powerless to bring salvation. It does bring a facade of peace, but is quickly consumed in gross errors that come with the lack of understanding. Chiefly, I am referring to a mind and heart with no understanding, no barriers and no warning of the works of the flesh, works of the devil and works of the world.

Mr. Tolle NEVER talks about Satan, never talks about hell, never talks about judgement and Christ as Judge. Mr. Tolle never speaks to prophecy, never eludes to Christ coming again. Instead, Mr. Tolle, in his blind and flesh decieved ignorance openly embraces more doctrines of devils and indeed, lifts up new age concepts of spiritualism (i.e. The Flowering of Human Consciousness). Mr. Tolle walks straight-away from the divinity of Jesus Christ and pointing to the Father and walks directly into the path of Humanism and the New Age movement.

Mr. Eckhart Tolle is as we ALL are without the Mind of Christ in us: Indelibly human, bound, enslaved and filled with sin, wickedness, lies and beholden to the father of them; Satan himself. In this way, he fits the profile and description as laid out by James that there are MANY antichrists gone out into the world.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He who denies the Father and the Son is antichrist.