jesussaves

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

In the 80's and early 90's there was a thing going around that people bought into called...I'm trying to find myself.

Seems that has taken on a new shape today in the form of...searching for or seeking myself.

I read a proverb some years ago that opened my eyes to the deception of the finding myself stuff.

"The fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself." Proverb 18:2 KJV

Can you see in todays world that the trend is turning, even in some church circles, to self seeking instead of God seeking?

Has sound doctrine just become a theological debate? or do we truly hold fast to the simplicity of what the Lord says.

Takes no deep theological study to hear(spiritually understand this milk) "...seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteous" ...plain and simple, thats the way our Lord gave it to us.

There also was something rolling around called.."changing with the times." Does that apply to a God who says His word changes not?

Lord, give us a fresh revival of Your Word. Open the eyes of our hearts so we can see with eyes longing to see you and know you more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

God doesn't change. Man and his religion does.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

We already have ourselves; we need to know God. I don't understand this 'seeking self' doctrine. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Lot of "itching" ears sitting on the pews following the leaders that they want to hear. This is so sad as one poster said because a leader that ministers to an itching ear church then all of them who follows could wind up in hell as a result. The same is true with the the other churches that follow the same pattern.

It is the self-serving times we are living in but it seems to be covered up to where true Christians don't know this deception because they are not spiritually awake. But there are true Christians that are awake spiritually who are watching who will not be decieved and who have the knowledge, and are prepared for the battle and victory.

OC