• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I found this posted on the blog of the son of a famous Bible Prophecy teacher and thought it was interesting and very much true.

Also did you guys know that yesterday was declared "National Day Of Prayer??". I didn't see but a couple of post about it and I didn't even hear it mentioned in the mainstream media either I just happened upon a website that had a little banner on the side of it that said "May 1, 2008 National Day Of Prayer". With everything going on in America right now there is no more urgent time to call out to god in prayer but yet it just kinda passed most people by without a notice. :blink:

In our world today we are living in truly "Perilous Times". The men and women of today, both young and old, walk around as if they are "10 Feet Tall and Bullet Proof"! We see them in our school's, the workplace, the doctor's office, the store, the gas station and yes even in the Church!

Today I sit down to write about something that has been troubling me for a long time. In II Timothy 3:1-7 we see the truth about this plague that is quite literally infecting Christianity and the Church of today.

II Timothy 3:1-7 says:

(1)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I didn't know yesterday was the national day of prayer, but I did pray yesterday, as I do most days.

"What a sad, sad truth. We truly do live in a World of NO Fear. The real question is Christian, what are "WE" doing to change this? The answer is... NOTHING!"

As far as absolute statements & overgeneralizations, there are millions who may fear God in the U.S. Are there are millions who don't. I don't have any statistics, but I'm pretty sure a 0% wouldn't be in a survey.

There are some working (and volunteering) quite hard to try to change people's hearts. To deny this would be to deny truth.

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I didn't know yesterday was the national day of prayer, but I did pray yesterday, as I do most days.

"What a sad, sad truth. We truly do live in a World of NO Fear. The real question is Christian, what are "WE" doing to change this? The answer is... NOTHING!"

As far as absolute statements & overgeneralizations, there are millions who may fear God in the U.S. Are there are millions who don't. I don't have any statistics, but I'm pretty sure a 0% wouldn't be in a survey.

There are some working (and volunteering) quite hard to try to change people's hearts. To deny this would be to deny truth.

Thanks.

I totally agree. I believe most Americans do, indeed, fear God. Many that I know believe we are being judged right now and slammed by God to get us to change our ways. I agree with that school of thought too. :laugh:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  871
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

:mgcop:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks.

I totally agree. I believe most Americans do, indeed, fear God. Many that I know believe we are being judged right now and slammed by God to get us to change our ways. I agree with that school of thought too. :noidea:

I do not fear god. He has shown me nothing for which to fear him . I do not love god. He has shown me nothing for which to love him. I do not hate god. He has shown me nothing for which to hate him. I do not know god. He has shown me nothing.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/04/1985

I do not fear god. He has shown me nothing for which to fear him . I do not love god. He has shown me nothing for which to love him. I do not hate god. He has shown me nothing for which to hate him. I do not know god. He has shown me nothing.

Now take this and tell it to Him.

I don't know about 'thesorgo', but I HAVE taken that statement (not exact but a similar one) to him and still got nothing.

What is next?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/04/1985

This was during a time in my life when I was questioning my Christian beliefs. I started evaluating them, and a few months after I came to a split in the road... I wanted to believe in God but came to the conclusion that the evidence for him (or any other gods) was lacking. So, I thought I would try to go straight to the source (God himself) and I got nothing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

There are still many Americans that have a fear of God, so I can't agree with the general statement that America has no fear of God. I think more would be better than less, but certainly there is fear of God yet among us.

As for the "I got nothing" posts, you get from the Lord according to the measure that you measure out. If a scream into the night sky is the measure of your efforts, you might not expect much. If you fast and pray for two weeks, making interaction with God priority number one, even over food and comfort, you will indeed hear from Him. However, if you don't expect to hear from Him, you will likely receive what you are believing for.

The scripture says that God does not say to seak Him in vain, in other words, if you seak Him, He will indeed reveal Himself to you.

Now take this and tell it to Him.

I don't know about 'thesorgo', but I HAVE taken that statement (not exact but a similar one) to him and still got nothing.

What is next?

Picture this....

You're minding your own business.....the phone rings....you pick it up and someone on the other end says this...

"I'm not afraid of you".

"I don't love you".

"I don't hate you".

"I don't know you".

What would your reaction be to this person?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you truly want to know who God is, He will show you. But you have to make an honest effort. You can't expect Him to prove His existance to you if you don't believe in Him. It doesn't work that way.

You have to have faith. You have to believe in your heart that God is who He says He is.

That's probably one of the hardest things to do.....believing in something you cannot see. But if you truly and honestly have a desire to know Him.....He will give a reason to believe.