Shad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

I can't wait to see "Prince Caspian". My son and I went to see "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" when it first came out so now we have a date to see this one. I also just purchased the books (for the 2nd time) this weekend. My daughter is reading them now and is blown away.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I personally can't stand all that sci-fi stuff. It makes no sense to my brain. Even the "Lord of the Rings" garbage. When I saw talking trees in part 2 of that series I knew I would never see part 3. Then I got to see "Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" and it had a talking lion and a goat-man or whatever that thing was....ugh! I WILL NOT be seeing "Prince Caspian."

BTW...I saw Ironman this weekend...skip it!

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Content Count:  33,102
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  241
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

So why have we got to wait till after you guys to see a film of a book written by a BRIT :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

So why have we got to wait till after you guys to see a film of a book written by a BRIT :laugh:

Doesn't really seem fair, does it? I guess you should just move here... :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Content Count:  33,102
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  241
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:laugh::cool::emot-hug::emot-hug: I am not sure that the USA is ready for me yet :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I personally can't stand all that sci-fi stuff. It makes no sense to my brain. Even the "Lord of the Rings" garbage. When I saw talking trees in part 2 of that series I knew I would never see part 3. Then I got to see "Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe" and it had a talking lion and a goat-man or whatever that thing was....ugh! I WILL NOT be seeing "Prince Caspian."

Ironman is Science Fiction, Narnia is Fantasy. I know, they're often categorized together at the book store, and there are cross-genre books, but they are two different things. Also, a "goat-man" is a faun.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

Wow, I had no idea he had anyone who didn't like his stuff... :emot-hug:

but then again, I do live here under this rock... so.... :taped:

:taped:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-hug: I am not sure that the USA is ready for me yet :emot-pray:

:noidea:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Ironman is Science Fiction, Narnia is Fantasy. I know, they're often categorized together at the book store, and there are cross-genre books, but they are two different things. Also, a "goat-man" is a faun.

Thanks for clearing that up... :24: The idea of "fauns" and talking trees is simply too much for me to handle. I guess my idea of fantasy is the idea that someone may someday make a superhero movie worth watching.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I remember seeing "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" when I was about 6 or 7 and it was the cartoon version of course and it was at school of all places. I didn't realize until many years later when the live action version was due to be made that it had a religious tone to it or that the order in which most people read the books is not the one C.W. Lewis intended because most people start with "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" when he really meant for the "Magician's Nephew" to be the first book in the series even though it was released later because at the time he wrote "TL, TW, and TW" he didn't have a plan to write any of the other books. So if anyone is looking to buy the set for themselves or for their kids the newer released sets have the books numbered in the correct order and I'd highly recommend getting it that way as "The Magician's Nephew" will make "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" make a lot more sense because it tells how the Wardrobe came to be, why the lamp post came to be in the forest and how The White Witch came to power ect....

In case anyone is interested this is the order in which the books were meant to be read after they were all published

1. The Magician's Nephew

2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

3. The Horse and His Boy

4. Prince Caspian

5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

6. The Silver Chair

7. The Last Battle

It's interesting though that Disney appears to be releasing the movie versions chronologically using the original numbering system. I really would liked for them to have released them in the correct order but I realize that they probably did it this way because "The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe" is the best known of the books and would likely draw more people into the series.