freedfromsin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

What ever happened to modesty? Not in the world, but in the church. I would invite you to read the atricle at http://www.gerald285.com/view/?pageID=113067 and see what real modesty requires. And I would invite you to listen to a message by C. J. Mahaney called "The Soul of Modesty" at http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...ID=12908209345

What I see in the churches today is in great part the fault of the men. The husbands, fathers, and leaders have turned their back on the call to modesty and to the call to lead so we have, I am afraid, immodesty running wild.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

What ever happened to modesty? Not in the world, but in the church. I would invite you to read the atricle at http://www.gerald285.com/view/?pageID=113067 and see what real modesty requires. And I would invite you to listen to a message by C. J. Mahaney called "The Soul of Modesty" at http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...ID=12908209345

What I see in the churches today is in great part the fault of the men. The husbands, fathers, and leaders have turned their back on the call to modesty and to the call to lead so we have, I am afraid, immodesty running wild.

I don't fault the men nearly so much as I fault the women's lib movement.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/05/1952

Yes, I agree. One can't tell the Christian from the sinner a lot of the time.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I'm all for more modest clothing for women.....some of things I see, even at work, are ridiculous! Cleavage seems to be the order of the day (watch the early morning t.v. news shows!). Half the women I see shouldn't be wearing short, tight, or midriff baring anyway....not at over 200 pounds. That being said...those 'brothers' need to practice some modesty in their own dress, especially when wearing shorts, cease going shirtless in public, throw out the baggy pants that won't stay up, and get your minds out of the gutter; it's not a woman's responsibility to keep your thoughts pure. If you're stumbling in your walk it's probably your dirty mind that you're tripping over. :emot-pray:

What I see in the churches today is in great part the fault of the men.

This statement seems to imply that women don't have a mind of their own when it comes to dressing themselves.

You want to blame somebody......blame the devil.

Everybody's responsible for their own actions.

Guest zoe-girl
If you're stumbling in your walk it's probably your dirty mind that you're tripping over. :emot-highfive:

:emot-pray:

Oh, I so agree~

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Women should do their part, too, and will if they are trying to follow Christ. There is no reason for a woman to dress immodestly unless she wants the attention or is trying to be a tease.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

But it IS woman's responsibility to help keep mens thoughts pure, that's why God made us so different. Even science knows that men are very visual by nature, and women are not. Women who don't dress modestly are playing dangerous games. I'm not saying I am perfect in this either...I fall into it sometimes...can't even really tell you why :emot-pray:

Womens lib has definitely done alot of damage in this area as well as others

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I'm all for more modest clothing for women.....some of things I see, even at work, are ridiculous! Cleavage seems to be the order of the day (watch the early morning t.v. news shows!). Half the women I see shouldn't be wearing short, tight, or midriff baring anyway....not at over 200 pounds. That being said...those 'brothers' need to practice some modesty in their own dress, especially when wearing shorts, cease going shirtless in public, throw out the baggy pants that won't stay up, and get your minds out of the gutter; it's not a woman's responsibility to keep your thoughts pure. If you're stumbling in your walk it's probably your dirty mind that you're tripping over. :emot-pray:

I agree with you 'glory2000' there needs to be more modesty in our society both men and women. If one don't know what modesty is then it is "Cover It Up" it not really about what you wear or don't wear but it is about keeping it covered.

OC