• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1990

Gents, the idea that Jesus is NOT fully, wholly God, negates His salvific work. If He is not God, His blood does not avail, and we are yet in our sins.

:wub: yep exactly and if Jesus were not God Him coming to this earth and dying didn't mean a stinking thing! We have NO hope. I refuse to believe that I believe Jesus was and is fully God! He didn't leave us any other option

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Exod 24 10Then Moses went up with Aaron,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

Thanks for the input Sam. Do you have an opinion on the John 1:1. The comment made on that interpretation.

Steve

In searcing for a Jesus that is less than God you will eventually end up with nothing. Many have walked that road and many are blind for their travels.

Believing that Jesus is literally the Son of God and not God the Son...does not lessen the impact that He did for me.

I just have trouble seeing this trinity doctrine issue. The other way of looking at it seems much more plausible and many scriptures also support it. It certainly seems more logical when you think it thru.

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Thanks for the input Sam. Do you have an opinion on the John 1:1. The comment made on that interpretation.

Steve

In searcing for a Jesus that is less than God you will eventually end up with nothing. Many have walked that road and many are blind for their travels.

Believing that Jesus is literally the Son of God and not God the Son...does not lessen the impact that He did for me.

I just have trouble seeing this trinity doctrine issue. The other way of looking at it seems much more plausible and many scriptures also support it. It certainly seems more logical when you think it thru.

Blessings

Russell, I have not seen these greek words for this passage that shows those differences you post. There are a lot of references that I do not have, however the english you put there is what I believe.

You will get a lot of flack from that for it is one of the things the JW stress and a lot of people won't even listen to you for they have rejected the JW's and everything they stand for. I do agree we should reject a lot of the teaching of the JW's but not necessairly everything they or anyone says. Each thing should be looked at and decided on its own.

I'd like to see whatever it is that the greek comes from to see if it would be agreeable to me. The reason I ask is, there are manuscripts that were made in Alexandria that I personally am suspect of. Gnostic religon was very strong there and it appears to me found it's way into some of the bible manuscripts.

That's why I don't use any translation that states in john 3:16 that those who believe shall not perish instead of should not. I find I am spending too much time validating the scripture with other parts of the bible than I have to spend.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

You will get a lot of flack from that for it is one of the things the JW stress and a lot of people won't even listen to you for they have rejected the JW's and everything they stand for.  I do agree we should reject a lot of the teaching of the JW's but not necessairly everything they or anyone says.  Each thing should be looked at and decided on its own.

I am prepared to listen to anyone who puts forward a sensible argument. JW, SDA, Charismatic, Pentocostal, etc. Give credit where credit is due i say. Being in a religion doesn't save you...it is Jesus that saves you. It is your relationship with Him.

YHWH gave us a mind to use to seek Him out. This is no easy task ...for there are many variables when considering how to interpret Scripture. We serve a God of order and I believe logic. There are reasons for all of YHWH decisons. He has a plan. He tells us about these plans...which remain constant throughout the Bible.

Likewise when searching out the history of the Trinity doctrine many anomalies come to the surface. These i find disturbing and not in line with a God of order. History of the trinity doctrine should be able to be traced back before the New Testament. History tells us that it first surfaced after 300 AD...although many pagan gods had such truine deities well before Christ. This in itself should arouse suspicions.

Now if you can allay my concerns on this issue i would appreciate it.

Blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

IMHO, what is being argued here is beyond human understanding. But to use the "and the Word was A god" (my emphasis) is to open the door to the concept of polytheism. That simply is not the truth. There is one God. Our one God is made up of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Guest mscoville

Hope I'm not bashing any verses to death you've already covered, but I think I've got a couple insights here, through the grace of God.

(All scriptures are taken from the New American Standard translation.)

Here are some scriptures that I

Edited by mscoville

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Notice we can not see God in His face, and live, remember Moses could not see Him, but we can see Jesus Christ's face, He is God, and yet He is less then God. Is The Word of God, God, or is the Word of God The Word, both.

Guest mscoville

When Jesus was on earth he took the form of a servant, you and me. He wouldn't have gotten very far on his mission if he had crispied everyone he came in contact with.

~ Martin

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

I think we need to remember both areas, The Word is less then The Father God, but also is The Father God, which comes from Him. I think both are important in understanding all the different teachings of the Bible.