IGNORED

Thinking of moving from NASBU to ESV Bible.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/25/1909

I have used the NASB for a while now, but the ESV is the Pew Bible in my Church, and the English is well done (although when I want to read a Translation for sheer elegance I read my KJV ;) )anyway! I know I will in term of word for word fidelity make a small sacrifice moving to the ESV from the NASB, it is pretty small, say if you were comparing the NASB to the NIV. So, has anyone made this "jump"?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Check John 3:16 and see if it tells you that believers "will not perish" or says "should not perish".

There is a very big difference in the translations of that verse. I personally do not use the "will not perish" ones.

Have to go back to origional manuscripts to figure out for yourself which is right for you, but you should be aware of it and make that decision carefully....... it matters.

I have used the NASB for a while now, but the ESV is the Pew Bible in my Church, and the English is well done (although when I want to read a Translation for sheer elegance I read my KJV :24: )anyway! I know I will in term of word for word fidelity make a small sacrifice moving to the ESV from the NASB, it is pretty small, say if you were comparing the NASB to the NIV. So, has anyone made this "jump"?

Interesting. I will check that, the ESV underwent some revisions in '07 after receiving much feedback from the Oct. '01 release. I am not sure if this verse was affected in any way. Thank you for pointing out that verse. Grace and Peace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I mainly read the ESV and the NKJV.. they are my favorites... :24:

and I generally read both to see what the different language might be..

I mainly read the ESV and the NKJV.. they are my favorites... :24:

and I generally read both to see what the different language might be..

The NKJV is quite good, I use it myself at times.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/21/1990

I like both ESV and NASB. However when it comes to more accurate literal translation I prefer the NASB. So really I would cross parallel passages from both ESV and NASB.

Burn

When God Speaks

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Stony Hearts

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Love

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. Ezekiel 11:19-20

:noidea:

God's

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Heart Music

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Can You Hear?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

I have heard that the ESV is a good translation but that the NASB is one of the more accurate ones. When it comes to really digging into the Word, I still believe KJV is best, because most lexicons and concordances like Strong's work hand in hand with KJV. I have several different translations myself and enjoy them for daily devotional readings, but not for real indepth study.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Looking for Advise

When God Speaks

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Stony Hearts

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Love

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God. Ezekiel 11:19-20

:thumbsup:

God's

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Heart Music

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Can You Hear?

Was that a vote for the NASB or ESV.....or Hallmark