IGNORED

Are we obligated to give others a ride to church?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I think you should give them a ride to church. I think you should be happy to do it. And if they offer you money, tell them it is your pleasure to serve them.

Why don't you go pick them up then? :emot-hug:

Ya know...I probably would if they attended my church.

I would also support my church through going to fundraisers...joining prayer groups...being friendly...and participating when the church asks me to. All of which the person who started this thread has complained about having to do for her church in the past. She is a self-described pew-warmer. I thought it might be beneficial if she actually did something for someone else for a change.

Let's not take this to a personal attack on anyone. It is against the TOS.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think you should give them a ride to church. I think you should be happy to do it. And if they offer you money, tell them it is your pleasure to serve them.

Why don't you go pick them up then? :)

I would also support my church through going to fundraisers...joining prayer groups...being friendly...and participating when the church asks me to. All of which the person who started this thread has complained about having to do for her church in the past. She is a self-described pew-warmer. I thought it might be beneficial if she actually did something for someone else for a change.

Nothing like zapping someone you don't even know there, Axxman. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Actually Axxman has a point. If we have a humble heart and a spirit of servitude, what we do for the Lord in secret He will reward openly. God may be opening the door for this particular ministry. Where He guides He provides.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Why don't you go pick them up then? ;)

I didn't find it necessary to mention this in the original thread but I will now since you decided to grind your Axx into me. When there was an announcement in the bulletin a few months ago to pray for the man (who gives the rides) because he lost his job, I anonymously sent him a card with $100.00 cash. That was so "Christian like" of you to be judgmental of me. :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

I didn't find it necessary to mention this in the original thread but I will now since you decided to grind your Axx into me.

Hey...nice Axx reference. :sherlock:

Look Shy...I wasn't trying to be hard on ya or anything, but you gotta admit that you have complained about your church quite a bit. You have called yourself a pew warmer. My point to you is that you should maybe ask yourself why God is constantly putting you in these situations. Is it a coincidence that people are always reaching out to you? I doubt that. While I think its great that you donated money when you saw the need...it appears that God wants you to be a little more "hands-on" than you like to be.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Sorry I didn't take the time to look over the posts after the OP, but my opinion on the matter is that there should be something set up in house for the church. I believe that it is a deacon's ministry to set up a program in which those that want to attend but cannot due to circumstances out of their control can attend. I think that a number should be given out to those in need, but that number has to be for the one in charge of the "pickup/take home" ministry. He/She should also set up a list of willing drivers to be on call for certain areas in the church's focus region. It's awesome for those that feel comfortable enough to give out their personal numbers, but, I would not advocate that as a former police officer. It's best to set up the ministry in the church and let those ordained to such a ministy handle it. Just a thought.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

My 5 cents (inflation, ya know).....

I don't have a car, so I have to rely on the charity of others to get me to church. I don't think we're obligated, however, I don't think that those who are getting rides to church should be cheapskates either. There has been several occasions I have paid for gas to get me home from church--that is, when I have the money. Most of the time, I either take the bus and pray for a ride home, or I use what God gave me--my feet---to get home.

a.

:emot-hug:

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

:bored-1:

:horse:

I didn't find it necessary to mention this in the original thread but I will now since you decided to grind your Axx into me.
Hey...nice Axx reference. :45:

Look Shy...I wasn't trying to be hard on ya or anything, but you gotta admit that you have complained about your church quite a bit. You have called yourself a pew warmer. My point to you is that you should maybe ask yourself why God is constantly putting you in these situations. Is it a coincidence that people are always reaching out to you? I doubt that. While I think its great that you donated money when you saw the need...it appears that God wants you to be a little more "hands-on" than you like to be.

:24::24::24:

Hay! Where's A Cop When You Need One :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:shofar:

Esteem

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Philippians 2:3

From The Heart

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

John 13:34-35

Of Love

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Jeremiah 31:3

:sad030:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The LORD

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.90
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Why don't you go pick them up then? :emot-hug:

WOW!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/11/1963

These man have no physical or mental handicaps. They'd just rather spend their time watching TV when they're not at church.

The bible says if you don't work you don't eat. Who is feeding these people and who is playing the electric bill to watch TV? Sounds like they are living with a bunch of enablers. Sounds like somebody should quit giving them hand outs and start giving them hand ups. (Study the word, God will tell you what he expects.) (If you want to lose disfavor with God quickly...quit supporting your family...the bible says you are worse than a non-believer if you don't take care of your family. And we know non-believers are going to hell...these folks are worse than a non-believer. I hope they see the errors of their ways.)

I are you obligated....nope...but open honest communication is nice. Tell them your concerns. That you feel like your being taken advantage of. Sometimes you have commitments after church......maybe you can help them find work. Then they can share with gas expense. This day and age we should all be commuting if we can. Here is another suggestion...tell them you will give them a ride and after church you need some work done around the yard, or some laundry done, ...you will see their true colors....

Is the gas yours, or is it on loan from the Lord?

They are trying to look holy going to church...but they have no desire to support themselves or their family. It sounds like the church might be failing them. Has anybody told them if you don't work you don't eat.

How can you say that they are trying to look holy? Do you really know whats in there heart as to why they are in church the Bible says judge not that ye be not judged when to point a finger you have three pointing back at you . Yes the Bible ssays if you dont work you shouldnt eat but i am talking about what you said about they are trying to look holy is wrong for you to say..