• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Perhaps this deserves on left v's right a seperate thread? :wub:

Mag - have you actually read his books on parenting? I think it is unpopular these days because discipline is unpopular. Children don't like it (although they thrive when they have clear boundaries that they can see) and parents find it is more work initially. I don't think it is about breaking the will of the child, but it is about firmly positioning the parents as the authority early on, and this is so important for the teenage years where children start to rebel.

Dr Dobson, and indeed any christian, has the personal right to fight for morals and standards to remain in our community. Not all agenda's are bad!!!! I have one, and that is to plant seeds, the great commission. To know God and make Him known. That is a good agenda.

Mag - have you actually read his books on parenting? I think it is unpopular these days because discipline is unpopular. Children don't like it (although they thrive when they have clear boundaries that they can see) and parents find it is more work initially. I don't think it is about breaking the will of the child, but it is about firmly positioning the parents as the authority early on, and this is so important for the teenage years where children start to rebel.

Dr Dobson, and indeed any christian, has the personal right to fight for morals and standards to remain in our community. Not all agenda's are bad!!!! I have one, and that is to plant seeds, the great commission. To know God and make Him known. That is a good agenda.

This "lefty" happens to be strong believer in the proper discipline of children. I even discipline other people's kids when they won't.

I vote left too. Do you get permission from the parents to discipline their kids? The only people I want disciplining my children are those whose views on discipline are similar to mine.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

Keep talking, Sarah, keep talking! 2012 isn't all that far off!

I agree the more she talks, the fewer people will want to vote for her.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

This "lefty" happens to be strong believer in the proper discipline of children. I even discipline other people's kids when they won't.

What gives you the right to discipline someone elses kids?

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I have found Dobson's teachings on child discipline to be spot on.

Amen... I have always appreciated Dobson .. a Godly man...

I could not have survived 6 children without his wisdom from God... :noidea:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Geez. Anyone who believes the proper way to raise a healthy child begins by breaking its will and subjecting it to abusive misinterpretation of all its actions and needs should never be regarded as authoritative in any way, shape or form. Sorry Dobson, you had most thinking people of faith at "hello" when you published massive tomes advocating the attitudes and practices of abuse as the "godly" way to rear children. You get no quarter here for dissing the president and playing your tiresome little party politics. Wake up, nobody's buying the "Christianity=Right-Wing-Agenda" brand of koolaid anymore. It has long since expired its sell-by date.

You sure you weren't reading Gary Ezzo?

Geez. Anyone who believes the proper way to raise a healthy child begins by breaking its will and subjecting it to abusive misinterpretation of all its actions and needs should never be regarded as authoritative in any way, shape or form. Sorry Dobson, you had most thinking people of faith at "hello" when you published massive tomes advocating the attitudes and practices of abuse as the "godly" way to rear children. You get no quarter here for dissing the president and playing your tiresome little party politics. Wake up, nobody's buying the "Christianity=Right-Wing-Agenda" brand of koolaid anymore. It has long since expired its sell-by date.

You sure you weren't reading Gary Ezzo?

This does smell so much more like Ezzo, than Dobson.

Ezzo - it's all about the parent, the child will conform to the parent's desires

Dobson - it's all about the Lord, the parent will discipline the child to obey and desire God's ways

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I have been a listener and follower of Dr. Dobson for so many years and he is villified because he is a man of God, principled and wise. I find it disgusting that he is disparaged by some Christians who apparently have swallowed the line of garbage the media has been spewing for many years. Read the books, listen to the programs. Dr Dobson is awesome.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  483
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Perhaps this deserves on left v's right a seperate thread? :noidea:

What gives you the right to discipline someone elses kids?

The abdication of their parent's responsibility.

It's not like I pick them up and spank them or anything. But I will let them know in no uncertain terms their behavior is inappropriate.

I don't think that's illegal. yet.

you're WHINING at the kids then, thats not discipline, and as soon as they turn the corner they are laughing at you...

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/29/1956

Yawn

:emot-questioned: