• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Seekeratthesea, there is at least one member that I know of, a new Christian, who is stumbling because of your belief that using karma is ok. This member is wondering if he/she (Im keeping this as vague as possible) can continue with the principals and words of a false belief system he/she had before Christ. This will hinder his/her walk with the Lord.

We have come out of Egypt and need to turn away from the old pagan things. Karma is a counterfeit to Gods words. Karma is a tool used by the enemy to lead astray. Renounce it as Christians need to renounce false things that are not remotely of God.

Well if that's true, then you have a GREAT reason not to help keep this thread alive by continuing to respond.

If this person you speak of was in a false belief system then they should get out..........if they have doubts they should err on the side of caution.

But to help keep the thread alive and then complain that my opinions are hurting people won't work. Nobody who responds should be complaining about the thread or me doing harm because with no responses.....the thread becomes dead. Safe for your to assume that I won't be responding to zero responses.

That reminds me of a quote in the Bible.

Spoken by Cain.

"Am I my brother's keeper?"

Do you honestly not care that the words you have posted are harmful to another's faith?

Will not God hold you accountable to your words?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I posted once, to let you know you are causing harm.

People post, not to keep the thread alive, but to refute your false words since they are causing harm. It is for those being led astray by you that I post. To show your error. To stop your words from causing harm. Personally I think you should be on mod review. Then the thread would die out, without causing more harm.

Guest shiloh357
Seekeratthesea, there is at least one member that I know of, a new Christian, who is stumbling because of your belief that using karma is ok. This member is wondering if he/she (Im keeping this as vague as possible) can continue with the principals and words of a false belief system he/she had before Christ. This will hinder his/her walk with the Lord.

We have come out of Egypt and need to turn away from the old pagan things. Karma is a counterfeit to Gods words. Karma is a tool used by the enemy to lead astray. Renounce it as Christians need to renounce false things that are not remotely of God.

Well if that's true, then you have a GREAT reason not to help keep this thread alive by continuing to respond.

If this person you speak of was in a false belief system then they should get out..........if they have doubts they should err on the side of caution.

But to help keep the thread alive and then complain that my opinions are hurting people won't work. Nobody who responds should be complaining about the thread or me doing harm because with no responses.....the thread becomes dead. Safe for your to assume that I won't be responding to zero responses.

this response highlights how irresponsible you really are. You don't care that your views are causing someone else to stumble.

We have to respond to demonic teachings like what you are professing to help keep other people from being led down the wrong the path.

You can't live with one foot in one boat, and one foot in another boat. You need to decide if you are going to follow Christ or hold on to this karmic nonsense, because you cannot have both. You need to decide to whom your allegienc lies. Jesus will be Lord of all or not Lord at all. He is not going to share the stage with your false teachings.

God's will not allow His holiness to be compromised with the kind of snake oil sham you are peddling.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry but I do and it's very easy to be clear and specific and to use that word without confusion.
The problem is that you are taking a liberty that you don't have the right to take.

Nobody ever had a conversation with me and thought I believed in the blue guy.
Who or what is the "blue guy?"

I think you realize that you could also have the conversation and be clear....it actually takes about one extra sentence, and wasn't really necessary anyway.
You don't seem to understand what is really at stake. First of all, using a pagan term and using it in reference to God is a violation of the Scripture. God makes it very clear in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 12, that not only are we not employ pagan traditions as they pertain to other gods, we are not to adopt the customs of the pagans and employ those customs as they pertain to God Himself. To do so, is highly offensive to Him. To reduce his truth to a pagan concept is not a thing He approves of at all.

The problem with you is that you are defending your heresy on the basis of what seems perfectly acceptable in your own eyes. One of the things that got people into trouble with God is that each man was doing was right in his eyes. Each man lived as a law unto himself and did what he wanted as he saw fit. You are falling into the same trap.

If you have issues with the word, than as with people that had issues with meat sacrificed to idols you shouldn't use it, same would apply to the Christmas comparison. But that's your issue.
Again, you don't know what you are talking about. Christmas and food sacrificed to idols are issues of conscience. Employing customs and integrating such into your life is NOT an issue of conscience and it is what got Israel sent into exile for 70 years.

Most people can use the word AND keep a sensible perspective about it and not attach power to it that doesn't really exist. You seem to be applying to many of your own fears onto others.

No, I am simply going by what the Bible says. You are one of these people that wants to live the Christian life on your terms. You want to do what seems fit in your judgment, but you are giving exactly zero consideration to God or to what He says in the Bible about your employment of pagan concepts.

What do you think would really happen to Christianity if all Christians started using "karma" as the word to describe "what goes around comes around", applying the principle to God where it originates from, and rejecting all the reincarnation stuff?
the problem is that you can't employ it apart from reincarnation. Only in your imagination does something like that work. First of all, God forbids it. It might be harmless to you, but you are evidently unable to see the bigger picture, which makes people like you dangerous for the Body of Christ. If you are willing compromise your faith on this issue, what else is there you would be willing compromise.

You will do as you see fit, but I, however, am a Christian and I will follow God and not some silly, liberal, adolescent nonsense.

Sorry but you don't get to define other peoples rights in the first place.

I just use the blue guy to represent false religions or false gods....I saw funny pictures of 8 armed blue skinned Indian god things in books and that's what I think of when I think of eastern religions. And I don't need a lecture on who that guy really is or if he's not REALLY associated with karma............I use that blue guy to kind of represent all false religions and gods.

Saying the word karma is not employing pagan traditions anymore than celebrating Christmas is....relax. And failing to be afraid of the word karma is not heresy, it's proper perspective. And sorry again but Israel wasn't just employing customs, they were worshiping idols. And using the word karma does not constitute employing customs anyway.

And not being afraid of the word karma does not mean that I'm living on my terms instead of the Bible. You don't need to be uptight about the word......OR a false religion. I think you should appreciate the strength of Christianity more. It's not a fragile thing after all.

As far as employing "it" apart from reincarnation. I don't employ reincarnation at all because I don't believe in it...so it's not connected to anything. And it your talking about the word "karma" I don't attach to the false notion of reincarnation. It won't work to tell me what I'm thinking when I say a certain word.

You didn't answer this question.....

What do you think would really happen to Christianity if all Christians started using "karma" as the word to describe "what goes around comes around", applying the principle to God where it originates from, and rejecting all the reincarnation stuff? I see it as a threat to the false religion, NOT Christianity.

You went into the reincarnation thing but that's clearly not what I asked. What do you think will happen to Christianity in the above scenario. I say Christianity overcomes all false religions so Christianity will always become stronger, with or without the word karma. You seem to think otherwise but don't want to come out and say so...............?????????????

What do you think would really happen to Christianity if all Christians started using "karma" as the word to describe "what goes around comes around", applying the principle to God where it originates from, and rejecting all the reincarnation stuff? I see it as a threat to the false religion, NOT Christianity.

What happened to Israel when they built a golden calf and claimed it was God?

What opinion did the Lord have of the High Places of worship, even though people worshiped Him there?

What if a Christian were to use the Wiccan phrases "Blessed be" and "Merry meet" - after all, aren't we to bless each other?

Those three things are not answers....they're just three more questions that don't answer anything. Why won't YOU answer yourself.

Jesus answered with questions all the time.

The point being if you can answer these questions, they would grant you insight into my answer.

To speak of karma as a Scriptural principle to me would be the same as me greeting you with, "Merry meet" and sticking a "Blessed be" bumper sticker on my car.

I could say that to me "Blessed be" is short for "Blessed be the name of the Lord," but to a Wiccan, who uses this phrase, it means something way different and would not be bringing glory to the Lord at all to her. No, I would have to display the full quote: "Blessed be the name of the Lord!" - which is what the Scripture declares.

If that answer doesn't satisfy you, then I will repeat what Shiloh says, because what he said explains my thoughts to the t.

First of all, using a pagan term and using it in reference to God is a violation of the Scripture. God makes it very clear in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 12, that not only are we not employ pagan traditions as they pertain to other gods, we are not to adopt the customs of the pagans and employ those customs as they pertain to God Himself. To do so, is highly offensive to Him. To reduce his truth to a pagan concept is not a thing He approves of at all.

And the only unseen enemy I think you need to worry about is this phobia you have about that word. It could be mistaken as an indicator of how weak you think Christianity really is.

Resorting to personal attacks is not the way to deal with conflict.

Anyway, see my note above about the fear of the Lord.

Well here we go again but I also never said that "what goes around comes around" is a Biblical principal.........did I? I believe I've called it a principle of God.

Correct me if I am wrong -

But did you just say that it is not a Biblical principle, but it is a principle of God?

You lost me here. :emot-pray:

But you still haven't said what you think will happen to Christianity if people use the word karma. I say it gets stronger no matter what happens, with or without the word.

I guess you think it'll get weaker,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

You didn't answer this question.....

I think it would harm Christianity, not the false religion.

How?

You posted a prayer request for your son. Why bother to pray? After all, if he just uses the karma principal, he can lead a good life and expect good things to happen to him.

False teaching creeps into the church. Using karma takes away from God.

New Age and the Emergent Church will agree 100% with you. I, however, can not, nor will I allow this rhetoric to seep into my thinking, not because it is a phobia, but because it is not of God. There are a lot of New Age terminologies that I will not use that is being used in other churches worldwide. Kama is just one of many. Just because it is being used, does not make it correct.

You seek answers, and so do I. Can you tell me the name of the church that you attend? I would also like to know the doctrines they hold and your personal belief about the Emergent Church? Hopefully, with this information, I can start to understand where you are coming from and why you do not see this as an issue, as we do.

In His Love,

OneLight

I don't know about New Age and emergent church and you really don't need to agree. I'm not trying to make some start saying karma. I attend different calvary churches throughout Orange County, CA. they don't teach anything about karma and I wouldn't go to one that was into eastern stuff anyway. It's about not being word phobic......not about being new agey.

I've asked this question before and am not getting answers..........not of you yet but here it is now........

Real answers please.....not questions that are supposed to elicit answers that you want me to believe because that just means the person doesn't have the courage to speak for themselves. Just speak directly with direct answers.

That reminds me of a quote in the Bible.

Spoken by Cain.

"Am I my brother's keeper?"

Do you honestly not care that the words you have posted are harmful to another's faith?

Will not God hold you accountable to your words?

Now you're taking on the same mantra on the one hand but also keeping the thread alive on the other, so if you think the thread is a threat, you need to ask yourself your own question.

I don't need to buy into the notion that I'm doing harm by not being worried about the word karma......I believe it's better to treat it as a two syllable word rather than turn it into something that you think will bring down Christianity.

People should believe that Christianity is stronger than that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

What happened to Israel when they built a golden calf and claimed it was God?

What opinion did the Lord have of the High Places of worship, even though people worshiped Him there?

What if a Christian were to use the Wiccan phrases "Blessed be" and "Merry meet" - after all, aren't we to bless each other?

Those three things are not answers....they're just three more questions that don't answer anything. Why won't YOU answer yourself.

Jesus answered with questions all the time.

The point being if you can answer these questions, they would grant you insight into my answer.

To speak of karma as a Scriptural principle to me would be the same as me greeting you with, "Merry meet" and sticking a "Blessed be" bumper sticker on my car.

I could say that to me "Blessed be" is short for "Blessed be the name of the Lord," but to a Wiccan, who uses this phrase, it means something way different and would not be bringing glory to the Lord at all to her. No, I would have to display the full quote: "Blessed be the name of the Lord!" - which is what the Scripture declares.

If that answer doesn't satisfy you, then I will repeat what Shiloh says, because what he said explains my thoughts to the t.

First of all, using a pagan term and using it in reference to God is a violation of the Scripture. God makes it very clear in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 12, that not only are we not employ pagan traditions as they pertain to other gods, we are not to adopt the customs of the pagans and employ those customs as they pertain to God Himself. To do so, is highly offensive to Him. To reduce his truth to a pagan concept is not a thing He approves of at all.

And the only unseen enemy I think you need to worry about is this phobia you have about that word. It could be mistaken as an indicator of how weak you think Christianity really is.

Resorting to personal attacks is not the way to deal with conflict.

Anyway, see my note above about the fear of the Lord.

Well here we go again but I also never said that "what goes around comes around" is a Biblical principal.........did I? I believe I've called it a principle of God.

Correct me if I am wrong -

But did you just say that it is not a Biblical principle, but it is a principle of God?

You lost me here. :emot-pray:

But you still haven't said what you think will happen to Christianity if people use the word karma. I say it gets stronger no matter what happens, with or without the word.

I guess you think it'll get weaker,

History has shown that incorporating pagan ideas with Christianity does indeed weaken the believer. Why? The human flesh in us. So no, I don't believe that having all Christians use the word to mean something else will make it something else. The Israelites did that many times, and failed each and every one.

God was serious when He said to have nothing to do with that sort of thing. I believe Him. This thread is closed and as soon as most of you read this, it will be deleted.