IGNORED

Is It Possible To Have A Moder Day "Nation Of God"??

Shad

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  445
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1974

I recently listened to a sermon at our church on the July 4th weekend about "America" and how god views us. I won't get into the whole message of the sermon but the pastor preached about the founding fathers and how the U.S. was founded on christian principles and all that stuff we hear all the time. I started to think to myself what if it was possible that we could elect a president who could just go to washington and clean house. Do away with the biased supreme court and all their rediculous rulings and go back to living under the only set of laws we need and that is "The Ten Commandments" and sadly enough I think going back to a god fearing nation that we were in the beginning would ultimately be the destruction of the United States.

This nation is now made up of so many non-christian people that there would be so many uprisings, riots, protests, ect.... that it would be impossible to survive as a nation. You'd have the homo-sexual groups, the muslims, the athiest, the buddhist all throwing hissy fits saying it's not fair yadda yadda yadda and not to mention all the international heat we'd get.

Can there really be a modern day "Nation Of God" where you could just set up a country that is based on the "Law Of God" and not the law of man and have it succeed??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

If you mean a nation ruled by God only (Theocracy), there has been only one - Israel (in the OT). In general, before kingdoms change, men must change. We will not be able to "legislate" America into being a God-fearing nation. The best way to reach America for God is one person and life at a time.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

I would have to say no, in this day and age we couldn't have a country that is ruled by God's laws no one wants to follow the laws we have now. Our founding fathers for the most part believed in the creator but like today there were varying views on theology and the like. Those men had a deep abiding love, respect and awe for God but I don't believe I have ever read anywhere that those men followed and put forth any particular view as to what man had to do or follow. Although many of them did attend a church but at that time it was something that people did.

As far as Israel being a theocracy I would have to disagree it is very much a secular society. Iran or Saudi Arabia on the other hand are more of a theocracy than Israel. In Israel many pay lip service to God and only observe the Sabbath because it is the law. Israel was founded on Zionism as well as Judaism. We tend to think or believe Israel to be a country that worships God as a whole but this is simply not true. I do find the younger generation as well as some who are in their 30's starting to reach out to the knowledge of God and the Torah and the messianic movement is taking hold in small groups across Israel.

Can there really be a modern day "Nation Of God" where you could just set up a country that is based on the "Law Of God" and not the law of man and have it succeed??

Not in todays society.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Not in todays society.

I was just reading Georges post about this being a Christian board, and that we shouldn't get too wrapped up in secular matters, and he is right. I have got a bit carried away with politics, and I am going to try to turn over a new leaf and let it drop and get back to God's work. But first, in answer to your question: No, we can never elect one man who can do all of that. He doesn't have the power. The president is our country's manager, but congress and the senate run the country. Anything the president may want to do has to gain the approval of the congress and the senate. Which is good. Otherwise we could inadvertently elect a dictator.

Each presidential candidate hopes his party is going to get more members elected than the other party, which will give him some power if the members of the house and senate who belong to his party support him. Each party assumes that the other party is going to oppose everything they try to do, which is about the way that usually works out. If you watched the last state of the union address you may remember all of the gentlemen who sat there scowling while the president told us what the government had accomplished. They had opposed most of the things our government did.

We tend to blame the president for the shortcomings of government, but without the full co-operation of both houses he can't do much. So the blame should be spread around a bit. Our present president is a man of tremendous courage. He had not been president more than 60 days when an enemy attacked one of our largest cities, killing over 3000 of our citizens. He didn't know if more of these unexpected attacks were in the works or not. He had to formulate a plan and put it into action with a green cabinet, and being largely ignorant of the workings of our government, no mean feat.

He got all of those angry old men of both houses, to pray for our government on national television, and he united them to protect our country.

So you never know, the man you are looking for may just be completing his last term.

If we are to bring our country back to the values we cherish, we are going to have to start at the grass roots, and look carefully at each candidate, and see if he supports what we believe in. We should never support someone just because he may get more done for our state, at the expense of our country. We should be sure he has the right stuff.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/17/1978

"This nation is now made up of so many non-christian people that there would be so many uprisings, riots, protests, ect.... that it would be impossible to survive as a nation. You'd have the homo-sexual groups, the muslims, the athiest, the buddhist all throwing hissy fits saying it's not fair yadda yadda yadda and not to mention all the international heat we'd get."

Do these people have no right to be in America? Buddhists and Islamics all live under a monotheists religion. Dare I say the same God as you (I know nothing of Buddhists so I won

Buddhists and Islamics all live under a monotheists religion. Dare I say the same God as you

I don't think so.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Buddhists and Islamics all live under a monotheists religion. Dare I say the same God as you

I don't think so.

they do not share the same God, the muslim god is one of hate and murder of false teachings, the buddhist god is also one of false teachings.....

the more a person is in the Word, the more this person can identify false teachings with out having to study the other religions...

if a person studies the other religions, they will tend to start mixing them up and confussing one with another and will not see the truth....

The Bible tells us to study to show ones self approved, study the Word of God......

as far as a nation that lives under God, it is very possible, but not very probable......

mike

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/17/1978

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294