• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

Satan basically challenged God when he asked, "Does JOB fear God for naught?" (Chp 1: V9) Satan knew that God had placed a hedge of protection around Job and suggested that if God removed the protection that JOB would no longer fear (worship) God. Satan assumed that because JOB was a wealthy man, that if he lost all that he had, he would curse God. Satan's plans backfired because JOB refused to blame God. JOBS love of God had nothing to do with material posessions.

Satan and his evil forces are the cause of destruction, not God. The only sense in which God destroys is to with-hold His protection and let Satan carry out his work in that persons life.

Satan hopes that men will blame God for his destructive work. Some do. God's work is that of deliverance. Satan moved God to test JOB but only to a point. Satan had NO POWER over JOB other than what God allowed.

Does God still do this today? I don't know, but God says in HIS Word...I change not. Based on that statement, I would think that it does happen, but it is purely speculation. I cannot imagine that we are so special that we would not be tried and tested just as those in the Bible were.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

We don't know all of the reasons that God allowed what he did into Job's life. But the promise of Romans 8 still holds today regardless of what God allows us to experience:

We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28 HCSB

When Romans 8: 28. Says, "All things work together for good", It doesn't mean trouble's, sickness or any kind of disaster.

Please note it says, "FOR GOOD" Trouble's sicknesses or disasters dont work for our good, They work for our bad.

If you read Rom 8: in its right context you'll see how and when "All things work together for good".

Look at v24--28. V 24-25, Talks about hope.

According to the Greek original text,Hope is [A joyfull expectation of obtaining something good, A desire].

now v26, Is still talking about "Desire" Says, Likewise, [in the same way] The Spirit also helpeth,

The word "Helpeth" is made up of three Greek words, Meaning, "STANDS, TOGETHER and AGAINST".

So what God is saying, is, As we pray, the Holy Spirit stands together with us against the problem that is stoping us getting our desires.

How? By interceeding for us. The Spirit takes our hearts desires, and talks to God for us.

V27, Says The Spirit interceeds according to the will of God.

Now v 28, And we know [The trouble is, a lot of Christians dont know] that all things work together for good.

Again please note the word, GOOD, Not bad.

V 31, Says, If God is for us, [AND HE IS] who or what can be efectively be aganst us.

V37, says, We are more than conquerors.

a man who's wife had run of with another man, and took the kids with her, Came to me for prayer, and said, All things work together for good, quoting Rom 8: 28.

I said to him, Why did you desire your wife to run off, He said, he didn't, I said to him, Then why did you pray for it, he said he didn't pray, I said, Then all things cannot be working for good,

It is when you [Desire, Then pray and the Holy Spirit prays through you and with you] when all things work together fo good, Not bad.

Edited by truthbringer

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,125
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

When Romans 8: 28. Says, "All things work together for good", It doesn't mean trouble's, sickness or any kind of disaster.

Please note it says, "FOR GOOD" Trouble's sicknesses or disasters dont work for our good, They work for our bad . . .

Ps 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

Please note it says, "FOR GOOD" Trouble's sicknesses or disasters dont work for our good, They work for our bad . . .

Ps 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.

:blink:

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi all,

I have a question regarding how God use Job to make a point to Satan. Does He still do that? Place people in situation that would break someone else only to show Satan that no matter what His child goes through they will be not turn away from Him? I'm asking this question even though I do know that God doesn't change.

Hey

God chose Job to make an example to us on how we should respond to hard situations. This book shows me the strength I need to overcome great hardships. It also builds my faith

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

There's another point in Job, and that is how not to comfort a friend who is in a terrible fix!